Biweekly QA Meeting

Stuart Philp
Hello all!

We've been talking off and on about what to do with the biweekly meeting.
We tried the change of format, which people liked, but didn't really
increase attendance much. So with that I'm thinking it might be best to
call it off going forward.

I would encourage anyone interested in hearing what other teams are working
on to sit in on team meetings. You can find the individual team meetings on
their respective qmo pages at: https://quality.mozilla.org/teams/

If your meeting isn't on those pages or the date/time is incorrect, can you
please update it so people know where to find you?

Does anyone have any strong feelings towards keeping the meeting, or
otherwise in agreement with letting it out to pasture?

Thanks!

- Stuart

Re: Biweekly QA Meeting

Dave Hunt-3
I’m rarely able to attend due to the time of day, though I don’t believe I get a lot out of the meeting when I do attend, and I seldom choose to watch the recordings. The most useful part for me is often the presentations and demos. Perhaps we could encourage these as ad-hoc events? I recall someone suggested that they’d like me to give one of these (but I don’t remember who, or what it would be on!)

Also, if we’re doing away with this meeting, I think it would be valuable to ensure the greater QA ‘team’ gather at each all-hands.

Dave

> On 10 Feb 2016, at 15:16, Stuart Philp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello all!
>
> We've been talking off and on about what to do with the biweekly meeting. We tried the change of format, which people liked, but didn't really increase attendance much. So with that I'm thinking it might be best to call it off going forward.
>
> I would encourage anyone interested in hearing what other teams are working on to sit in on team meetings. You can find the individual team meetings on their respective qmo pages at: https://quality.mozilla.org/teams/ <https://quality.mozilla.org/teams/>
>
> If your meeting isn't on those pages or the date/time is incorrect, can you please update it so people know where to find you?
>
> Does anyone have any strong feelings towards keeping the meeting, or otherwise in agreement with letting it out to pasture?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Stuart

Re: Biweekly QA Meeting

Stuart Philp
Might be a record for the QA meeting :) We just met to discuss what we want
to do here and everyone seemed in favor of cancelling, so Stephen will take
care of that with the calendar invite and airmo. The recording of this
discussion should be on airmo later.

Again encouraging drop-ins at the team meetings, or schedule ad-hoc
meetings or 1-1s with people you particularly want to talk to, and we will
continue to use this mailing list to discuss challenges, demos or
presentations. Also feel free to go ahead with scheduling brown bags or
lightning talks either ad-hoc or during the weekly project meeting as
interesting things come up.

Meet ups during the company all hands are still planned, so I hope to see
you all in London!

Cheers,

- Stuat

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Dave Hunt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’m rarely able to attend due to the time of day, though I don’t believe I
> get a lot out of the meeting when I do attend, and I seldom choose to watch
> the recordings. The most useful part for me is often the presentations and
> demos. Perhaps we could encourage these as ad-hoc events? I recall someone
> suggested that they’d like me to give one of these (but I don’t remember
> who, or what it would be on!)
>
> Also, if we’re doing away with this meeting, I think it would be valuable
> to ensure the greater QA ‘team’ gather at each all-hands.
>
> Dave
>
> On 10 Feb 2016, at 15:16, Stuart Philp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello all!
>
> We've been talking off and on about what to do with the biweekly meeting.
> We tried the change of format, which people liked, but didn't really
> increase attendance much. So with that I'm thinking it might be best to
> call it off going forward.
>
> I would encourage anyone interested in hearing what other teams are
> working on to sit in on team meetings. You can find the individual team
> meetings on their respective qmo pages at:
> https://quality.mozilla.org/teams/
>
> If your meeting isn't on those pages or the date/time is incorrect, can
> you please update it so people know where to find you?
>
> Does anyone have any strong feelings towards keeping the meeting, or
> otherwise in agreement with letting it out to pasture?
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Stuart

Re: Biweekly QA Meeting

Marcia Knous-3
Don't forget about the Work Week - there are possibilities there as well -
although last time due to the scheduling many of us had conflicts on Friday
when the QA-all session was held. But even getting together for dinners or
socially is an option.

marcia

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Stuart Philp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Might be a record for the QA meeting :) We just met to discuss what we
> want to do here and everyone seemed in favor of cancelling, so Stephen will
> take care of that with the calendar invite and airmo. The recording of this
> discussion should be on airmo later.
>
> Again encouraging drop-ins at the team meetings, or schedule ad-hoc
> meetings or 1-1s with people you particularly want to talk to, and we will
> continue to use this mailing list to discuss challenges, demos or
> presentations. Also feel free to go ahead with scheduling brown bags or
> lightning talks either ad-hoc or during the weekly project meeting as
> interesting things come up.
>
> Meet ups during the company all hands are still planned, so I hope to see
> you all in London!
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Stuat
>
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Dave Hunt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I’m rarely able to attend due to the time of day, though I don’t believe
>> I get a lot out of the meeting when I do attend, and I seldom choose to
>> watch the recordings. The most useful part for me is often the
>> presentations and demos. Perhaps we could encourage these as ad-hoc events?
>> I recall someone suggested that they’d like me to give one of these (but I
>> don’t remember who, or what it would be on!)
>>
>> Also, if we’re doing away with this meeting, I think it would be valuable
>> to ensure the greater QA ‘team’ gather at each all-hands.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> On 10 Feb 2016, at 15:16, Stuart Philp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all!
>>
>> We've been talking off and on about what to do with the biweekly meeting.
>> We tried the change of format, which people liked, but didn't really
>> increase attendance much. So with that I'm thinking it might be best to
>> call it off going forward.
>>
>> I would encourage anyone interested in hearing what other teams are
>> working on to sit in on team meetings. You can find the individual team
>> meetings on their respective qmo pages at:
>> https://quality.mozilla.org/teams/
>>
>> If your meeting isn't on those pages or the date/time is incorrect, can
>> you please update it so people know where to find you?
>>
>> Does anyone have any strong feelings towards keeping the meeting, or
>> otherwise in agreement with letting it out to pasture?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> - Stuart

Re: Biweekly QA Meeting

Marcia Knous-3
Sorry I sent before I read Stuart's last line - but I do think planning
ahead of time to get together during the Work Week works better due to the
very full schedule.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Marcia Knous <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Don't forget about the Work Week - there are possibilities there as well -
> although last time due to the scheduling many of us had conflicts on Friday
> when the QA-all session was held. But even getting together for dinners or
> socially is an option.
>
> marcia
>
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Stuart Philp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Might be a record for the QA meeting :) We just met to discuss what we
>> want to do here and everyone seemed in favor of cancelling, so Stephen will
>> take care of that with the calendar invite and airmo. The recording of this
>> discussion should be on airmo later.
>>
>> Again encouraging drop-ins at the team meetings, or schedule ad-hoc
>> meetings or 1-1s with people you particularly want to talk to, and we will
>> continue to use this mailing list to discuss challenges, demos or
>> presentations. Also feel free to go ahead with scheduling brown bags or
>> lightning talks either ad-hoc or during the weekly project meeting as
>> interesting things come up.
>>
>> Meet ups during the company all hands are still planned, so I hope to see
>> you all in London!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> - Stuat
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Dave Hunt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I’m rarely able to attend due to the time of day, though I don’t believe
>>> I get a lot out of the meeting when I do attend, and I seldom choose to
>>> watch the recordings. The most useful part for me is often the
>>> presentations and demos. Perhaps we could encourage these as ad-hoc events?
>>> I recall someone suggested that they’d like me to give one of these (but I
>>> don’t remember who, or what it would be on!)
>>>
>>> Also, if we’re doing away with this meeting, I think it would be
>>> valuable to ensure the greater QA ‘team’ gather at each all-hands.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>
>>> On 10 Feb 2016, at 15:16, Stuart Philp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello all!
>>>
>>> We've been talking off and on about what to do with the biweekly
>>> meeting. We tried the change of format, which people liked, but didn't
>>> really increase attendance much. So with that I'm thinking it might be best
>>> to call it off going forward.
>>>
>>> I would encourage anyone interested in hearing what other teams are
>>> working on to sit in on team meetings. You can find the individual team
>>> meetings on their respective qmo pages at:
>>> https://quality.mozilla.org/teams/
>>>
>>> If your meeting isn't on those pages or the date/time is incorrect, can
>>> you please update it so people know where to find you?
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any strong feelings towards keeping the meeting, or
>>> otherwise in agreement with letting it out to pasture?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> - Stuart

Re: Biweekly QA Meeting

Stuart Philp
Yeah absolutely, the Friday morning time in Orlando was the last possible
slot so we should try to get ahead of that. I think a social thing would be
more fun than sitting in a conference room personally. So I'm up for trying
to book something in a nearby restaurants if that sounds like something
people want to do.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 1:52 PM, Marcia Knous <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry I sent before I read Stuart's last line - but I do think planning
> ahead of time to get together during the Work Week works better due to the
> very full schedule.
>
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 10:51 AM, Marcia Knous <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Don't forget about the Work Week - there are possibilities there as well
>> - although last time due to the scheduling many of us had conflicts on
>> Friday when the QA-all session was held. But even getting together for
>> dinners or socially is an option.
>>
>> marcia
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 10:49 AM, Stuart Philp <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Might be a record for the QA meeting :) We just met to discuss what we
>>> want to do here and everyone seemed in favor of cancelling, so Stephen will
>>> take care of that with the calendar invite and airmo. The recording of this
>>> discussion should be on airmo later.
>>>
>>> Again encouraging drop-ins at the team meetings, or schedule ad-hoc
>>> meetings or 1-1s with people you particularly want to talk to, and we will
>>> continue to use this mailing list to discuss challenges, demos or
>>> presentations. Also feel free to go ahead with scheduling brown bags or
>>> lightning talks either ad-hoc or during the weekly project meeting as
>>> interesting things come up.
>>>
>>> Meet ups during the company all hands are still planned, so I hope to
>>> see you all in London!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> - Stuat

Re: Biweekly QA Meeting

Stephen Donner-2
All -

As a follow-up to this thread and following the consensus thus far, I've
gone ahead and removed the standing calendar invite for the
every-other-week QA Team Meeting.  Next, I'll be getting a Service Now
ticket to halt recording, while we continue to discuss our needs and
direction as a group.  When/if we revisit and pick this or another
meeting/recording/etc. up, I'll be happy to set those up :-)

I'll also put a note on both
https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Team_Meeting/2016_QA_Team_Template and
https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Team_Meeting saying as much, to let others know.

- Stephen