Best HTML/CSS editor ever

😉 Good Guy 😉

The latest release of Microsoft Code (32 bit & 64 bit) is the best I
have seen so far.  It has Emmet embedded in it and to start with all you
need is to create a new file by going to:

File >> New

Now save file as:  .html

To create a basic page press <! and tab it.  HTML5 document will be
created and it has auto-complete as well.  I have to say it is better
than Dreamweaver.

<https://code.visualstudio.com/updates/v1_16>

The download link is at the top right corner at the above link.  IT IS
STILL FREE & THIS IS SURPRISING CONSIDERING PEOPLE WOULD NORMALLY PAY
100 BUCKS FOR SUCH A TOOL.

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

😉 Good Guy 😉
I FORGOT TO PUT THE LINKS FOR THE VIDEOS:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBQADy63a3s>

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

What would the second best one be that is not owned
by the Evil Empire?

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

Ray_Net
T wrote on 16-09-17 08:22:
> What would the second best one be that is not owned
> by the Evil Empire?
Ask that in a linux forum ...

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

WaltS48-5
On 9/16/17 2:22 AM, T wrote:
> What would the second best one be that is not owned
> by the Evil Empire?

Geany.

It has been doing that close code function for years.

--
Go Bucs, Pitt, Steelers!
Native Americans should have had a hard line immigration stance

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 16/09/2017 07:22, T wrote:
> What would the second best one be that is not owned
> by the Evil Empire?

Microsoft does make products for Linux and it is generally accepted that
Microsoft is contributing more to the open Source community than anybody
else!!  Look at the top quality software released by Microsoft including
the full source code so that Linux users can learn something from them.

"VS Code" is available for the Linux platform so go and try it.  You can
host your Linux projects on Microsoft Azure cloud and run Ubuntu on
Azure.  Microsoft might even release its own Linux called "Microsoft
Linux".  They need to agree the licensing terms with the Open Source
Community organizers including Linus Torvalds who owns the patent of
Linux kernel.

On 09/16/2017 10:20 AM, Good Guy wrote:

> On 16/09/2017 07:22, T wrote:
>> What would the second best one be that is not owned
>> by the Evil Empire?
>
> Microsoft does make products for Linux and it is generally accepted
> that Microsoft is contributing more to the open Source community than
> anybody else!!  Look at the top quality software released by Microsoft
> including the full source code so that Linux users can learn something
> from them.
>
> "VS Code" is available for the Linux platform so go and try it. You
> can host your Linux projects on Microsoft Azure cloud and run Ubuntu
> on Azure.  Microsoft might even release its own Linux called
> "Microsoft Linux".  They need to agree the licensing terms with the
> Open Source Community organizers including Linus Torvalds who owns the
> patent of Linux kernel.

Actually The Evil Empire (M$) is not even on the radar when it comes to
contributing to Linux:

Reference for the following chart:
https://www.infoworld.com/article/3223140/linux/why-microsoft-will-drive-serious-linux-innovation.html
https://images.idgesg.net/images/article/2017/09/linux-contributors-100735241-large.jpg

I am personally and professionally offended by M$'s criminality
in their business practices and will not purchase or recommend
ANY of their products unless I am absolutely forced to.

Anyway, you clearly do not share the same opinion as me.

You missed the point of my question.  I wanted to know what
you thought was the next best non-m$ solution.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

-T

--

Windows Nein, oops, Ten.  Now 13 happy users

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

Ray_Net
T wrote on 16-09-17 22:39:

> On 09/16/2017 10:20 AM, Good Guy wrote:
>> On 16/09/2017 07:22, T wrote:
>>> What would the second best one be that is not owned
>>> by the Evil Empire?
>>
>> Microsoft does make products for Linux and it is generally accepted
>> that Microsoft is contributing more to the open Source community than
>> anybody else!!  Look at the top quality software released by
>> Microsoft including the full source code so that Linux users can
>> learn something from them.
>>
>> "VS Code" is available for the Linux platform so go and try it. You
>> can host your Linux projects on Microsoft Azure cloud and run Ubuntu
>> on Azure.  Microsoft might even release its own Linux called
>> "Microsoft Linux".  They need to agree the licensing terms with the
>> Open Source Community organizers including Linus Torvalds who owns
>> the patent of Linux kernel.
>>

> Actually The Evil Empire (M$) is not even on the radar when it comes to
> contributing to Linux:
>
> Reference for the following chart:
> https://www.infoworld.com/article/3223140/linux/why-microsoft-will-drive-serious-linux-innovation.html
> https://images.idgesg.net/images/article/2017/09/linux-contributors-100735241-large.jpg
>
> I am personally and professionally offended by M$'s criminality
> in their business practices and will not purchase or recommend
> ANY of their products unless I am absolutely forced to.
>
> Anyway, you clearly do not share the same opinion as me.
>
> You missed the point of my question.  I wanted to know what
> you thought was the next best non-m$ solution.
>
> Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Why are you also aggressive towards microsoft. Have you had a very bad
experience?

Personally, I had a very bad experience with a linux-like.

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

On 09/16/2017 10:43 PM, Ray_Net wrote:

> T wrote on 16-09-17 22:39:
>>>
>>> Microsoft does make products for Linux and it is generally accepted
>>> that Microsoft is contributing more to the open Source community than
>>> anybody else!!  Look at the top quality software released by
>>> Microsoft including the full source code so that Linux users can
>>> learn something from them.
>>>
>>> "VS Code" is available for the Linux platform so go and try it. You
>>> can host your Linux projects on Microsoft Azure cloud and run Ubuntu
>>> on Azure.  Microsoft might even release its own Linux called
>>> "Microsoft Linux".  They need to agree the licensing terms with the
>>> Open Source Community organizers including Linus Torvalds who owns
>>> the patent of Linux kernel.
>>>

>> Actually The Evil Empire (M$) is not even on the radar when it comes to
>> contributing to Linux:
>>
>> Reference for the following chart:
>> https://www.infoworld.com/article/3223140/linux/why-microsoft-will-drive-serious-linux-innovation.html
>>
>> https://images.idgesg.net/images/article/2017/09/linux-contributors-100735241-large.jpg
>>

>> I am personally and professionally offended by M$'s criminality
>> in their business practices and will not purchase or recommend
>> ANY of their products unless I am absolutely forced to.
>>
>> Anyway, you clearly do not share the same opinion as me.
>>
>> You missed the point of my question.  I wanted to know what
>> you thought was the next best non-m$ solution.
>>
>> Sorry for the misunderstanding.
>>
> Why are you also aggressive towards microsoft. Have you had a very bad
> experience?
>

> Personally, I had a very bad experience with a linux-like.

Hi Ray,

M$ is a convicted criminals (monopolists) on one continent
and a pleaded out monopolist on another continent.   No
venture capitalist will invest on e cent in any software
if they even slightly smell that M$ has an interest in
the venture, due to M$'s predatory business practices.

What choice to you have in office suites?  And how did that
come about?  M$ Office is just mediocre (and EXTREMELY
overpriced) .  Answer: it is called "Linkage" and is
right out of the Sherman Anti-Trust act.

Libre Office is good, but they no longer fix bugs (shades
of Open Office).  It can't ever print an envelope properly.

I see software as 10 to 15 years behind where it should be
if Bush grew some testicles, enforced the law, and broke
M$ up as he should have.

Have I been personally injured by M$?  Well, without them
I would not have a job.  90% of my work comes from
their miserable, low quality, bug riddled, security
nightmare of an operating system.  If I come home aggravated
and feel like kicking something, it is always Windows
Nein (10).  So, me personally, no.  My customers, yes.

Software development (on the desktop) should be wide open
and vibrant: the Wild West, if you please.  Not stifled
by some bunch of criminals (monopolists).  Look at
the YUGE development going on on iPad and Android.
You won't find that where M$ is involved.

And yes, Linux can be a pain in the ass at times,
but there is a vibrant community and things do
get fixed.  I even was the one who discovered that if
you cut a DVD, you corrupted you hard drive on RHEL 5
and C236 chipsets would not work on RHEL 7.  But, see
I have someone to bitch to on Linux that fix things.
There is no such avenue with M$ products.

The Linux servers I have out there never crash.
You have to kick them over and/or pour coffee into
them.

I hate Windows servers.  They are constantly
having problems.  The amount of fussing on a Windows server
versus and Linux server in my experience is about 20 to 1.
No fooling!

Tip: if you are so "blessed" as to have to maintain a
Windows server, set up a task to reboot the miserable piece
of [expletive deleted] every night.  Your stability
will improve dramatically.

-T

--
Windows Nein (10) -- Now 13 Happy Users!  World Wide!

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

Ray_Net
T wrote on 18-09-17 06:15:

> [...]
>
> And yes, Linux can be a pain in the ass at times,
> but there is a vibrant community and things do
> get fixed.  I even was the one who discovered that if
> you cut a DVD, you corrupted you hard drive on RHEL 5
> and C236 chipsets would not work on RHEL 7.  But, see
> I have someone to bitch to on Linux that fix things.
> There is no such avenue with M$ products.
>
> The Linux servers I have out there never crash.
> You have to kick them over and/or pour coffee into
> them.
>
> I hate Windows servers.  They are constantly
> having problems.  The amount of fussing on a Windows server
> versus and Linux server in my experience is about 20 to 1.
> No fooling!
>
> Tip: if you are so "blessed" as to have to maintain a
> Windows server, set up a task to reboot the miserable piece
> of [expletive deleted] every night.  Your stability

You are excessive especially in your adjectives Your attitude vis a vis
Microsoft is an unjustified hatred.I had Windows Servers which never
encountered a crash.
I used at work a windows pc - and i never had a problem.
I had 10 linux-like servers to be installed with the applications the
customer wanted....
The procedure that I give to the guys who install them was changed after
each installation - we fall each time in another bug.
Upgrade of the linux-like OS had each time ending with the
non-functionning of at least one application.

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

Daniel
On 18/09/2017 6:31 PM, Ray_Net wrote:

<Snip>

> You are excessive especially in your adjectives Your attitude vis a vis
> Microsoft is an unjustified hatred.I had Windows Servers which never
> encountered a crash.
> I used at work a windows pc - and i never had a problem.
> I had 10 linux-like servers to be installed with the applications the
> customer wanted....
> The procedure that I give to the guys who install them was changed after
> each installation - we fall each time in another bug.
> Upgrade of the linux-like OS had each time ending with the
> non-functionning of at least one application.

Ray, what do you mean by "linux-like servers"??

To my limited knowledge, there are Windows servers, Linux servers, Unix
servers (which are Linux like) and MacOS servers (which are Linux like
or even Unix like).

So which do you mean?? Or is it something totally different, and unknown
to me??

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.48 Build identifier: 20170329183526

Go Dallas Cowgirls!! .... Err!! ... Um!! .. I mean *Go Dallas Cowboys* !!

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

Ray_Net
Daniel wrote on 18-09-17 11:33:

> On 18/09/2017 6:31 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
>
> <Snip>
>
>> You are excessive especially in your adjectives Your attitude vis a vis
>> Microsoft is an unjustified hatred.I had Windows Servers which never
>> encountered a crash.
>> I used at work a windows pc - and i never had a problem.
>> I had 10 linux-like servers to be installed with the applications the
>> customer wanted....
>> The procedure that I give to the guys who install them was changed after
>> each installation - we fall each time in another bug.
>> Upgrade of the linux-like OS had each time ending with the
>> non-functionning of at least one application.
>>
> Ray, what do you mean by "linux-like servers"??
>
> To my limited knowledge, there are Windows servers, Linux servers,
> Unix servers (which are Linux like) and MacOS servers (which are Linux
> like or even Unix like).
>
> So which do you mean?? Or is it something totally different, and
> unknown to me??

It was SCO-Unixware.

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

On 09/18/2017 07:34 AM, Ray_Net wrote:

> Daniel wrote on 18-09-17 11:33:
>> On 18/09/2017 6:31 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
>>
>> <Snip>
>>
>>> You are excessive especially in your adjectives Your attitude vis a vis
>>> Microsoft is an unjustified hatred.I had Windows Servers which never
>>> encountered a crash.
>>> I used at work a windows pc - and i never had a problem.
>>> I had 10 linux-like servers to be installed with the applications the
>>> customer wanted....
>>> The procedure that I give to the guys who install them was changed after
>>> each installation - we fall each time in another bug.
>>> Upgrade of the linux-like OS had each time ending with the
>>> non-functionning of at least one application.
>>>
>> Ray, what do you mean by "linux-like servers"??
>>
>> To my limited knowledge, there are Windows servers, Linux servers,
>> Unix servers (which are Linux like) and MacOS servers (which are Linux
>> like or even Unix like).
>>
>> So which do you mean?? Or is it something totally different, and
>> unknown to me??
>>
> It was SCO-Unixware.

Had a sco thing years ago.  My memory is faint, but if
I remember correctly, it was what you describe.

See if you can get them over to Linux.

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

On 09/18/2017 01:31 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
> You are excessive especially in your adjectives Your attitude vis a vis
> Microsoft is an unjustified hatred.

How about you put your self in the place of those
businesses that lost their business to the convicted
criminals business practices?

And while yo are at it, put yourself in those business that
have to pay monopoly prices for business apps they are forced
to buy because no one will compete with the criminals?

Don't like the word "criminal"?  Well, now, if you are
convicted in a court of law or you please out, you are
a criminal.  I am not name calling.

Oh, hear of anyone who bought a computer with a Sherman
Anti Trust Act "bundled" copy of Windows installed
and said "no" to the M$ license agreement get their money
back?  Hmmmm.  Bet that one is illegal too.

> I had Windows Servers which never encountered a crash.

You live a sheltered life.  There are guys around here
that will put a Windows server into your bathtub if
you are not careful.  There is virtually never a good
reason for a small business to use a Windows server.

Lately, I have removed a few and just did file sharing
from Windows 7.  It helps that I know the registry switch
to make W7 share files like a server.

And, you are correct, Windows servers never really out and
out crash (BSOD, etc.).  They just slowly go to hell on
the installment program.  My favorite trouble call was
it printing four inch letter across sales invoices.
(I don't think the customer appreciated me laughing when
she showed it to me.)  I have to fix file sharing
ALL-THE-TIME.  If you don't reboot them once a day, they
get weirder and weirder and weirder.  Windows server are
just not stable.

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

On 09/18/2017 01:19 PM, T wrote:
> Oh, hear of anyone who bought a computer with a Sherman
> Anti Trust Act "bundled" copy of Windows installed
> and said "no" to the M$ license agreement get their money

Sorry, that should have been "linked" not bundled.  That
is were you tell someone you can not buy their product
unless they sell all of their stuff with your stuff.

I do believe M$ stopped that criminal practice after
they pleaded out in the United Stated.  But it is still
really hard to buy a bare computer without Windows
"linked" on it.  Hmmmm.  I wonder what pricing gets
raised ...

I wonder if their artificial block on new processors
can be sued over.  Bet that one is illegal too.

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

Ray_Net
T wrote on 18-09-17 22:08:

> On 09/18/2017 07:34 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
>> Daniel wrote on 18-09-17 11:33:
>>> On 18/09/2017 6:31 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
>>>
>>> <Snip>

>>> Ray, what do you mean by "linux-like servers"??
>>>
>>> To my limited knowledge, there are Windows servers, Linux servers,
>>> Unix servers (which are Linux like) and MacOS servers (which are
>>> Linux like or even Unix like).
>>>
>>> So which do you mean?? Or is it something totally different, and
>>> unknown to me??
>>>
>> It was SCO-Unixware.
>
> Had a sco thing years ago.  My memory is faint, but if
> I remember correctly, it was what you describe.
>
> See if you can get them over to Linux.
I am retired now, so ... not important anymore :-) :-) :-)

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

On 09/18/2017 01:36 PM, Ray_Net wrote:

> T wrote on 18-09-17 22:08:

>>> It was SCO-Unixware.
>>
>> Had a sco thing years ago.  My memory is faint, but if
>> I remember correctly, it was what you describe.
>>
>> See if you can get them over to Linux.
> I am retired now, so ... not important anymore :-) :-) :-)

I once had a colleague tell me what stability was in an
operating system.  "If its works with your stuff, then
it is stable".

Chuckle.

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

Daniel
On 19/09/2017 12:34 AM, Ray_Net wrote:

> Daniel wrote on 18-09-17 11:33:
>> On 18/09/2017 6:31 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
>>
>> <Snip>
>>
>>> You are excessive especially in your adjectives Your attitude vis a vis
>>> Microsoft is an unjustified hatred.I had Windows Servers which never
>>> encountered a crash.
>>> I used at work a windows pc - and i never had a problem.
>>> I had 10 linux-like servers to be installed with the applications the
>>> customer wanted....
>>> The procedure that I give to the guys who install them was changed after
>>> each installation - we fall each time in another bug.
>>> Upgrade of the linux-like OS had each time ending with the
>>> non-functionning of at least one application.
>>>
>> Ray, what do you mean by "linux-like servers"??
>>
>> To my limited knowledge, there are Windows servers, Linux servers,
>> Unix servers (which are Linux like) and MacOS servers (which are Linux
>> like or even Unix like).
>>
>> So which do you mean?? Or is it something totally different, and
>> unknown to me??
>>
> It was SCO-Unixware.

Ah, O.K., thanks.

On 19/09/2017 9:06 AM, T wrote:

> On 09/18/2017 01:36 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
>> T wrote on 18-09-17 22:08:

>>> Had a sco thing years ago.  My memory is faint, but if
>>> I remember correctly, it was what you describe.
>>>
>>> See if you can get them over to Linux.
>> I am retired now, so ... not important anymore :-) :-) :-)
>

> I once had a colleague tell me what stability was in an
> operating system.  "If its works with your stuff, then
> it is stable".
>
> Chuckle.

I would have thought any definition of "stability", at least in the
Computer world, would have to include the word "continues"!! .... i.e.
"If it *continues to* work with your stuff, then it is stable"!!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.48 Build identifier: 20170329183526

Go Dallas Cowgirls!! .... Err!! ... Um!! .. I mean *Go Dallas Cowboys* !!

Re: Best HTML/CSS editor ever

Terry
On 9/17/2017 9:15 PM On a whim, T pounded out on the keyboard

> [...]
>
> And yes, Linux can be a pain in the ass at times,
> but there is a vibrant community and things do
> get fixed.  I even was the one who discovered that if
> you cut a DVD, you corrupted you hard drive on RHEL 5
> and C236 chipsets would not work on RHEL 7.  But, see
> I have someone to bitch to on Linux that fix things.
> There is no such avenue with M$ products.
>
> The Linux servers I have out there never crash.
> You have to kick them over and/or pour coffee into
> them.
>
> I hate Windows servers.  They are constantly
> having problems.  The amount of fussing on a Windows server
> versus and Linux server in my experience is about 20 to 1.
> No fooling!
>
> Tip: if you are so "blessed" as to have to maintain a
> Windows server, set up a task to reboot the miserable piece
> of [expletive deleted] every night.  Your stability

Wow, I guess this is what you call "fake news"!

I rarely see Windows machines infected any more.  They've been
pro-active for years. Heck, I even know a dozen or so XP users and they
don't have any issues.  Computer security is what's between ones ears.

I manage quite a few Windows servers. NEVER have problems with them.  I
patch and reboot them once a month, only because patching requires it.