Baseline Integration Proposal

mr.7ramy
watching AWFY it seems that BL + IM + TI is faster than JM + IM + TI on sunspider and kraken and almost on bar on v8 and octane so why not push BL into mozilla center and remove JM altogether!

Re: Baseline Integration Proposal

Ryan VanderMeulen
On 3/7/2013 2:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> watching AWFY it seems that BL + IM + TI is faster than JM + IM + TI on sunspider and kraken and almost on bar on v8 and octane so why not push BL into mozilla center and remove JM altogether!

Presumably because it's not stable enough yet to do so (amongst other
things). That and the whole "passing our test suite" thing.

Re: Baseline Integration Proposal

Boris Zbarsky
On 3/7/13 2:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> watching AWFY it seems that BL + IM + TI is faster than JM + IM + TI on sunspider and kraken and almost on bar on v8 and octane

How does it do on non-pure-JS benchmarks?  Are there ICs for calling
JSNative getters, for example (sort of critical for DOM stuff)?

-Boris

Re: Baseline Integration Proposal

Josh Matthews-4
On 03/07/2013 02:00 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> watching AWFY it seems that BL + IM + TI is faster than JM + IM + TI on sunspider and kraken and almost on bar on v8 and octane so why not push BL into mozilla center and remove JM altogether!

Re: Baseline Integration Proposal

Kannan Vijayan
On 13-03-07 6:44 PM, Josh Matthews wrote:

>> watching AWFY it seems that BL + IM + TI is faster than JM + IM + TI
>> on sunspider and kraken and almost on bar on v8 and octane so why not
>> push BL into mozilla center and remove JM altogether!

I just got Josh to make an empty reply to your mail because I just
joined this list, and couldn't reply to a mail I hadn't received yet.
(Thanks Josh!)

The perf numbers and memory numbers are looking OK for baseline.  We
hope to be able to land it soon, but there are still bugs to squash and
features left to implement (like profiler integration).

Also, as Boris has brought up, we still need to do thorough testing on
the browser, and implement things like JSNative getter and setter calls
so that we have perf parity on Dromaeo and general web code.

Cheers.
Kannan