Auto Update in FF1.5 Beta 1, how long?

Hansalfredche
Hi

I've currently FF 1.5 Beta 1 installed and I'm waiting for the Auto Update
to do it's job. But to this day, nothing happened, altough the program was
connected daily for at least one hour (usually more) on the net. Should I
continue waiting or send a bug report? When launching "Check for Updates" FF
finds the new version, but I wanted to test if Firefox is able to update
itself. It is actually set to do automatically the job.

Thanks for your help

Sylvain

Re: Auto Update in FF1.5 Beta 1, how long?

Ian Graham
I have noticed this also -- I've been waiting and waiting, and nothing
ever updated....

Ian

Hansalfredche wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've currently FF 1.5 Beta 1 installed and I'm waiting for the Auto Update
> to do it's job. But to this day, nothing happened, altough the program was
> connected daily for at least one hour (usually more) on the net. Should I
> continue waiting or send a bug report? When launching "Check for Updates" FF
> finds the new version, but I wanted to test if Firefox is able to update
> itself. It is actually set to do automatically the job.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Sylvain

Re: Auto Update in FF1.5 Beta 1, how long?

Hansalfredche
OK, I will file a bug report in this case. This is a major feature of FF
1.5 after all.

Thanks for your response.

Ian Graham schrieb:

> I have noticed this also -- I've been waiting and waiting, and nothing
> ever updated....
>
> Ian
>
> Hansalfredche wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I've currently FF 1.5 Beta 1 installed and I'm waiting for the Auto
>> Update to do it's job. But to this day, nothing happened, altough the
>> program was connected daily for at least one hour (usually more) on
>> the net. Should I continue waiting or send a bug report? When
>> launching "Check for Updates" FF finds the new version, but I wanted
>> to test if Firefox is able to update itself. It is actually set to do
>> automatically the job.
>>
>> Thanks for your help
>>
>> Sylvain

Re: Auto Update in FF1.5 Beta 1, how long?

Hansalfredche
I added a comment in bug 312001.