Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

1234 ... 25

Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

Sailfish-2
REF: http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/07/aurora-16-is-out/

[excerpt quote="
*Other notable changes*

o We slightly changed our UA string not to display the 3rd digit of our
versioning system.
o Incremental GC, a major part in our effort to revamp our Garbage
Collector, is now enabled by default.
o Opus, a low-latency codec aimed at real-time communication, is enabled
by default.
o By default, we do not accept anymore MD5 hashes in X.509 certificates.
o about:memory is now displaying memory usage ‘per tab’.
o We tweaked the context menu, removing the ‘Send link…’ item and
combining the ‘Stop’ and ‘Reload’ ones.

See more details in the release notes and in Firefox 16 for developers.
" /]

Whoa, boy! That first item is sure to generate a fair amount of
caterwauling around the support groups, methinks. :)

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

Ron Hunter
On 7/24/2012 3:22 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> REF: http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/07/aurora-16-is-out/
>
> [excerpt quote="
> *Other notable changes*
>
> o We slightly changed our UA string not to display the 3rd digit of our
> versioning system.
> o Incremental GC, a major part in our effort to revamp our Garbage
> Collector, is now enabled by default.
> o Opus, a low-latency codec aimed at real-time communication, is enabled
> by default.
> o By default, we do not accept anymore MD5 hashes in X.509 certificates.
> o about:memory is now displaying memory usage ‘per tab’.
> o We tweaked the context menu, removing the ‘Send link…’ item and
> combining the ‘Stop’ and ‘Reload’ ones.
>
> See more details in the release notes and in Firefox 16 for developers.
> " /]
>
> Whoa, boy! That first item is sure to generate a fair amount of
> caterwauling around the support groups, methinks. :)

So, now how can we send a link to someone?  Now we have to cut and paste
from the URL to our email client.  So much for convenience.

Re: Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

WaltS-3
On 07/24/2012 08:16 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 7/24/2012 3:22 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> REF: http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/07/aurora-16-is-out/
>>
>> [excerpt quote="
>> *Other notable changes*
>>
>> o We slightly changed our UA string not to display the 3rd digit of our
>> versioning system.
>> o Incremental GC, a major part in our effort to revamp our Garbage
>> Collector, is now enabled by default.
>> o Opus, a low-latency codec aimed at real-time communication, is enabled
>> by default.
>> o By default, we do not accept anymore MD5 hashes in X.509 certificates.
>> o about:memory is now displaying memory usage ‘per tab’.
>> o We tweaked the context menu, removing the ‘Send link…’ item and
>> combining the ‘Stop’ and ‘Reload’ ones.
>>
>> See more details in the release notes and in Firefox 16 for developers.
>> " /]
>>
>> Whoa, boy! That first item is sure to generate a fair amount of
>> caterwauling around the support groups, methinks. :)
>>
> So, now how can we send a link to someone?  Now we have to cut and paste
> from the URL to our email client.  So much for convenience.

Well, I now have an 'Email Link..' in the context menu. They always
forget to completely document the change. :)

--
openSUSE 12.1 | KDE 4.7.2
Thunderbird Beta with Lightning

Re: Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

Sailfish-2
7/24/2012 5:16 PM:

> On 7/24/2012 3:22 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> REF: http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/07/aurora-16-is-out/
>>
>> [excerpt quote="
>> *Other notable changes*
>>
>> o We slightly changed our UA string not to display the 3rd digit of our
>> versioning system.
>> o Incremental GC, a major part in our effort to revamp our Garbage
>> Collector, is now enabled by default.
>> o Opus, a low-latency codec aimed at real-time communication, is enabled
>> by default.
>> o By default, we do not accept anymore MD5 hashes in X.509 certificates.
>> o about:memory is now displaying memory usage ‘per tab’.
>> o We tweaked the context menu, removing the ‘Send link…’ item and
>> combining the ‘Stop’ and ‘Reload’ ones.
>>
>> See more details in the release notes and in Firefox 16 for developers.
>> " /]
>>
>> Whoa, boy! That first item is sure to generate a fair amount of
>> caterwauling around the support groups, methinks. :)
>>
> So, now how can we send a link to someone?  Now we have to cut and paste
> from the URL to our email client.  So much for convenience.

While I haven't loaded Fx16 yet, my interpretation of that point is that
it only applies to the context menu. I never use that but, instead,
using the File submenu for Send link.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

David Boles-2
On 7/24/2012 8:16 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 7/24/2012 3:22 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> REF: http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/07/aurora-16-is-out/
>>
>> [excerpt quote="
>> *Other notable changes*
>>
>> o We slightly changed our UA string not to display the 3rd digit of our
>> versioning system.
>> o Incremental GC, a major part in our effort to revamp our Garbage
>> Collector, is now enabled by default.
>> o Opus, a low-latency codec aimed at real-time communication, is enabled
>> by default.
>> o By default, we do not accept anymore MD5 hashes in X.509 certificates.
>> o about:memory is now displaying memory usage ‘per tab’.
>> o We tweaked the context menu, removing the ‘Send link…’ item and
>> combining the ‘Stop’ and ‘Reload’ ones.
>>
>> See more details in the release notes and in Firefox 16 for developers.
>> " /]
>>
>> Whoa, boy! That first item is sure to generate a fair amount of
>> caterwauling around the support groups, methinks. :)
>>
> So, now how can we send a link to someone?  Now we have to cut and paste
> from the URL to our email client.  So much for convenience.

It is renamed "Email Link"  and "Email Image" here.

--

  David

On 07/24/2012 09:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on
> 7/24/2012 5:16 PM:
>> On 7/24/2012 3:22 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> REF: http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/07/aurora-16-is-out/
>>>
>>> [excerpt quote="
>>> *Other notable changes*
>>>
>>> o We slightly changed our UA string not to display the 3rd digit of our
>>> versioning system.
>>> o Incremental GC, a major part in our effort to revamp our Garbage
>>> Collector, is now enabled by default.
>>> o Opus, a low-latency codec aimed at real-time communication, is enabled
>>> by default.
>>> o By default, we do not accept anymore MD5 hashes in X.509 certificates.
>>> o about:memory is now displaying memory usage ‘per tab’.
>>> o We tweaked the context menu, removing the ‘Send link…’ item and
>>> combining the ‘Stop’ and ‘Reload’ ones.
>>>
>>> See more details in the release notes and in Firefox 16 for developers.
>>> " /]
>>>
>>> Whoa, boy! That first item is sure to generate a fair amount of
>>> caterwauling around the support groups, methinks. :)
>>>
>> So, now how can we send a link to someone?  Now we have to cut and
>> paste from the URL to our email client.  So much for convenience.
>>
> While I haven't loaded Fx16 yet, my interpretation of that point is that
> it only applies to the context menu. I never use that but, instead,
> using the File submenu for Send link.

Just double checked mine, and it is File > Email Link, with no Send Link
in the context menu. Terminology is so confusing at times.

On 7/24/2012 7:25 PM, WLS wrote:

> On 07/24/2012 08:16 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> On 7/24/2012 3:22 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> REF: http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/07/aurora-16-is-out/
>>>
>>> [excerpt quote="
>>> *Other notable changes*
>>>
>>> o We slightly changed our UA string not to display the 3rd digit of our
>>> versioning system.
>>> o Incremental GC, a major part in our effort to revamp our Garbage
>>> Collector, is now enabled by default.
>>> o Opus, a low-latency codec aimed at real-time communication, is enabled
>>> by default.
>>> o By default, we do not accept anymore MD5 hashes in X.509 certificates.
>>> o about:memory is now displaying memory usage ‘per tab’.
>>> o We tweaked the context menu, removing the ‘Send link…’ item and
>>> combining the ‘Stop’ and ‘Reload’ ones.
>>>
>>> See more details in the release notes and in Firefox 16 for developers.
>>> " /]
>>>
>>> Whoa, boy! That first item is sure to generate a fair amount of
>>> caterwauling around the support groups, methinks. :)
>>>
>> So, now how can we send a link to someone?  Now we have to cut and paste
>> from the URL to our email client.  So much for convenience.
>>

> Well, I now have an 'Email Link..' in the context menu. They always
> forget to completely document the change. :)

OK, that'll work.

On 7/24/2012 8:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on
> 7/24/2012 5:16 PM:
>> On 7/24/2012 3:22 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> REF: http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/07/aurora-16-is-out/
>>>
>>> [excerpt quote="
>>> *Other notable changes*
>>>
>>> o We slightly changed our UA string not to display the 3rd digit of our
>>> versioning system.
>>> o Incremental GC, a major part in our effort to revamp our Garbage
>>> Collector, is now enabled by default.
>>> o Opus, a low-latency codec aimed at real-time communication, is enabled
>>> by default.
>>> o By default, we do not accept anymore MD5 hashes in X.509 certificates.
>>> o about:memory is now displaying memory usage ‘per tab’.
>>> o We tweaked the context menu, removing the ‘Send link…’ item and
>>> combining the ‘Stop’ and ‘Reload’ ones.
>>>
>>> See more details in the release notes and in Firefox 16 for developers.
>>> " /]
>>>
>>> Whoa, boy! That first item is sure to generate a fair amount of
>>> caterwauling around the support groups, methinks. :)
>>>
>> So, now how can we send a link to someone?  Now we have to cut and
>> paste from the URL to our email client.  So much for convenience.
>>
> While I haven't loaded Fx16 yet, my interpretation of that point is that
> it only applies to the context menu. I never use that but, instead,
> using the File submenu for Send link.

Just checked, and while 'email link' is in the file menu, 'send link' is
NOT in the context menu.  Sigh.  Not that I ever used the context menu,
but I am sure many people DO.

On 7/24/2012 8:22 PM, WLS wrote:

> On 07/24/2012 09:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on

>>> So, now how can we send a link to someone?  Now we have to cut and
>>> paste from the URL to our email client.  So much for convenience.
>>>
>> While I haven't loaded Fx16 yet, my interpretation of that point is that
>> it only applies to the context menu. I never use that but, instead,
>> using the File submenu for Send link.
>>

> Just double checked mine, and it is File > Email Link, with no Send Link
> in the context menu. Terminology is so confusing at times.

Yep.   But at least they didn't have it one way in the file menu and
another in the context menu.

Re: Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

Sailfish-2
7/25/2012 12:13 AM:

> On 7/24/2012 8:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on

>>> So, now how can we send a link to someone?  Now we have to cut and
>>> paste from the URL to our email client.  So much for convenience.
>>>
>> While I haven't loaded Fx16 yet, my interpretation of that point is that
>> it only applies to the context menu. I never use that but, instead,
>> using the File submenu for Send link.
>>
> Just checked, and while 'email link' is in the file menu, 'send link' is
> NOT in the context menu.  Sigh.  Not that I ever used the context menu,
> but I am sure many people DO.

I'd guess that very few, percentage-wise, used the context menu option
and, thus, the reason they removed it.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

Daniel-257
Sailfish wrote:

> REF: http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/07/aurora-16-is-out/
>
> [excerpt quote="
> *Other notable changes*
>
> o We slightly changed our UA string not to display the 3rd digit of our
> versioning system.
> o Incremental GC, a major part in our effort to revamp our Garbage
> Collector, is now enabled by default.
> o Opus, a low-latency codec aimed at real-time communication, is enabled
> by default.
> o By default, we do not accept anymore MD5 hashes in X.509 certificates.
> o about:memory is now displaying memory usage ‘per tab’.
> o We tweaked the context menu, removing the ‘Send link…’ item and
> combining the ‘Stop’ and ‘Reload’ ones.
>
> See more details in the release notes and in Firefox 16 for developers.
> " /]
>
> Whoa, boy! That first item is sure to generate a fair amount of
> caterwauling around the support groups, methinks. :)

Almost since FF 4.0.1 came out (was there one??), I've wondered about
the use of the second digit!! With a new version (i.e. first digit)
coming out every six weeks or so and the occasional security version
changing the third digit, what had to happen to change the middle digit??

--
Daniel

Re: Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

Was Greywolf
On 25/07/2012 3:35 AM, Sailfish wrote:

> I'd guess that very few, percentage-wise, used the context menu option
> and, thus, the reason they removed it.

Um, I suspect your comment is based on your (necessarily limited) sample
of users. I personally prefer context menus. My own, equally limited,
sample of ordinary-users-I-happen-to-know confirms my preference. So I'd
say the devs made a mistake.

It's easy to make mistakes in program design and re-design. The devs
rely on feedback to their pages (bug reports, etc). Unfortunately, this
feedback is limited and skewed, for obvious reasons.

The best way to find out how most users of TB and FF work is to do a
random survey. These are usually done by phone, and thus are also skewed
(most people just refuse to participate, so the odds of statistical
artifacts are significant). But they are much less skewed than feedback
on the bug report pages, etc. They are also much more expensive.

Generally speaking, market research is as much art as science.
Statistical methods are inherently limited by the meaning of the data.
Badly designed questions, over-friendly focus groups, inadvertent
demographic selection, etc all skew the data. No amount of statistical
massaging can compensate for that.

Anecdote: I recently went on line to answer a brief customer
satisfaction survey (the bait was "Win...") First question: "Were you
greeted?" No, and I'm happy about that. I _hate_ being pounced on by a
"greeter". But the questionnaire didn't ask me how I felt about being
greeted. It assumed that "greeting" is A Good Thing. Thus the chain in
question got a bit of misleading data from me. Pity.

--
Best,
Wolf K.

Re: Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

clay-14
On 07/25/2012 12:13 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 7/24/2012 8:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on

>>> So, now how can we send a link to someone? Now we have to cut and
>>> paste from the URL to our email client. So much for convenience.
>>>
>> While I haven't loaded Fx16 yet, my interpretation of that point is that
>> it only applies to the context menu. I never use that but, instead,
>> using the File submenu for Send link.
>>
> Just checked, and while 'email link' is in the file menu, 'send link' is
> NOT in the context menu. Sigh. Not that I ever used the context menu,
> but I am sure many people DO.

The File menu(s) is the *last* place I will go to perform a task.
If there isn't a context or keystroke option...

So, what? The context area getting too full?
Looking to change something just for the sake of change?
Context 'Send link' interfering with the normal operation of Firefox?

There is no way I can look at this decision as an improvement.

I _can_ imagine the Moz devs slapping each other on the back,
celebrating the implementation of this 'feature', after weeks of careful
deliberation.

Reminiscent of the recent discussion in the dev group about renaming
newly opened, blank tabs, something other than 'New Tab'.

I really do admire the enormous time and effort the devs put into
resolving these critical, showstopping bugs.

Re: Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

Dr J R Stockton-17
In mozilla.general message <[hidden email]
>, Tue, 24 Jul 2012 13:22:15, Sailfish <REMOVECAPSsailfish@REMOVECAPSunf
orgettable.com> posted:

>o We slightly changed our UA string not to display the 3rd digit of our
>versioning system.

Is that the third digit of 14.0.1?

If so, it is 0, and problems will appear in about 86 * 1.5 months -
about All Fools' Day 2023.

Or is it the third field, 1, that it is intended to mean?

--
 (c) John Stockton, nr London, UK.    ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk     Turnpike v6.05.
 Website  <http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - w. FAQish topics, links, acronyms

Re: Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what Daniel graced us with on 7/25/2012
3:09 AM:

> Sailfish wrote:
>> REF: http://hacks.mozilla.org/2012/07/aurora-16-is-out/
>>
>> [excerpt quote="
>> *Other notable changes*
>>
>> o We slightly changed our UA string not to display the 3rd digit of our
>> versioning system.
>> o Incremental GC, a major part in our effort to revamp our Garbage
>> Collector, is now enabled by default.
>> o Opus, a low-latency codec aimed at real-time communication, is enabled
>> by default.
>> o By default, we do not accept anymore MD5 hashes in X.509 certificates.
>> o about:memory is now displaying memory usage ‘per tab’.
>> o We tweaked the context menu, removing the ‘Send link…’ item and
>> combining the ‘Stop’ and ‘Reload’ ones.
>>
>> See more details in the release notes and in Firefox 16 for developers.
>> " /]
>>
>> Whoa, boy! That first item is sure to generate a fair amount of
>> caterwauling around the support groups, methinks. :)
>
> Almost since FF 4.0.1 came out (was there one??), I've wondered about
> the use of the second digit!! With a new version (i.e. first digit)
> coming out every six weeks or so and the occasional security version
> changing the third digit, what had to happen to change the middle digit??

Good question. I suppose they still want to keep the
Version.Release.Maintenance (V.R.M) format for when/if they decide to
revert back to a previous development model?

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what Greywolf graced us with on
7/25/2012 7:03 AM:

> On 25/07/2012 3:35 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>>>
>> I'd guess that very few, percentage-wise, used the context menu option
>> and, thus, the reason they removed it.
>
> Um, I suspect your comment is based on your (necessarily limited) sample
> of users. I personally prefer context menus. My own, equally limited,
> sample of ordinary-users-I-happen-to-know confirms my preference. So I'd
> say the devs made a mistake.
>
> It's easy to make mistakes in program design and re-design. The devs
> rely on feedback to their pages (bug reports, etc). Unfortunately, this
> feedback is limited and skewed, for obvious reasons.
>
> The best way to find out how most users of TB and FF work is to do a
> random survey. These are usually done by phone, and thus are also skewed
> (most people just refuse to participate, so the odds of statistical
> artifacts are significant). But they are much less skewed than feedback
> on the bug report pages, etc. They are also much more expensive.
>
> Generally speaking, market research is as much art as science.
> Statistical methods are inherently limited by the meaning of the data.
> Badly designed questions, over-friendly focus groups, inadvertent
> demographic selection, etc all skew the data. No amount of statistical
> massaging can compensate for that.
>
> Anecdote: I recently went on line to answer a brief customer
> satisfaction survey (the bait was "Win...") First question: "Were you
> greeted?" No, and I'm happy about that. I _hate_ being pounced on by a
> "greeter". But the questionnaire didn't ask me how I felt about being
> greeted. It assumed that "greeting" is A Good Thing. Thus the chain in
> question got a bit of misleading data from me. Pity.

My comment was based purely on conjecture of Mozilla UI analysis and my
own usage; albeit, not very scientific. Also, I use the context menus a
lot, just not THAT context menu item.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what clay graced us with on 7/25/2012
9:13 AM:

> On 07/25/2012 12:13 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
>> On 7/24/2012 8:07 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on
>>> 7/24/2012 5:16 PM:

>>> While I haven't loaded Fx16 yet, my interpretation of that point is that
>>> it only applies to the context menu. I never use that but, instead,
>>> using the File submenu for Send link.
>>>
>> Just checked, and while 'email link' is in the file menu, 'send link' is
>> NOT in the context menu. Sigh. Not that I ever used the context menu,
>> but I am sure many people DO.
>>

> The File menu(s) is the *last* place I will go to perform a task.
> If there isn't a context or keystroke option...
>
> So, what? The context area getting too full?
> Looking to change something just for the sake of change?
> Context 'Send link' interfering with the normal operation of Firefox?
>
> There is no way I can look at this decision as an improvement.
>
> I _can_ imagine the Moz devs slapping each other on the back,
> celebrating the implementation of this 'feature', after weeks of careful
> deliberation.
>
> Reminiscent of the recent discussion in the dev group about renaming
> newly opened, blank tabs, something other than 'New Tab'.
>
> I really do admire the enormous time and effort the devs put into
> resolving these critical, showstopping bugs.

This is really a trivial context-menu item to re-enact. If there's a
need, I'm certain someone will add it back in form of an add-on. Here's
the actual XUL entry that was removed from
chrome://browser/content/browser.xul:

       <menuitem id="context-sendlink"
                 label="&sendLinkCmd.label;"
                 accesskey="&sendLinkCmd.accesskey;"
                 oncommand="gContextMenu.sendLink();"/>

Myself, I'm all for cleaning up seldom used old cruft, er, stuff

On 07/25/2012 1:27 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what clay graced us with on 7/25/2012
> 9:13 AM:
>>> Just checked, and while 'email link' is in the file menu, 'send link' is
>>> NOT in the context menu. Sigh. Not that I ever used the context menu,
>>> but I am sure many people DO.
>>>

>> The File menu(s) is the *last* place I will go to perform a task.
>> If there isn't a context or keystroke option...
>>
>> So, what? The context area getting too full?
>> Looking to change something just for the sake of change?
>> Context 'Send link' interfering with the normal operation of Firefox?
>>
>> There is no way I can look at this decision as an improvement.
>>
>> I _can_ imagine the Moz devs slapping each other on the back,
>> celebrating the implementation of this 'feature', after weeks of
>> careful deliberation.
>>
>> Reminiscent of the recent discussion in the dev group about renaming
>> newly opened, blank tabs, something other than 'New Tab'.
>>
>> I really do admire the enormous time and effort the devs put into
>> resolving these critical, showstopping bugs.
>
> This is really a trivial context-menu item to re-enact. If there's a
> need, I'm certain someone will add it back in form of an add-on. Here's
> the actual XUL entry that was removed from
> chrome://browser/content/browser.xul:
>

> <menuitem id="context-sendlink"
> label="&sendLinkCmd.label;"
> accesskey="&sendLinkCmd.accesskey;"
> oncommand="gContextMenu.sendLink();"/>

Then there's always:
F6>Ctrl+c>Alt+Tab>Ctrl+n(type-tab-type-tab)Ctrl+v>Ctrl+Enter

> Myself, I'm all for cleaning up seldom used old cruft, er, stuff

I'm with you there!

Re: Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what clay graced us with on 7/25/2012
2:05 PM:

> On 07/25/2012 1:27 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what clay graced us with on 7/25/2012
>> 9:13 AM:
>>>>

>>> The File menu(s) is the *last* place I will go to perform a task.
>>> If there isn't a context or keystroke option...
>>>
>>> So, what? The context area getting too full?
>>> Looking to change something just for the sake of change?
>>> Context 'Send link' interfering with the normal operation of Firefox?
>>>
>>> There is no way I can look at this decision as an improvement.
>>>
>>> I _can_ imagine the Moz devs slapping each other on the back,
>>> celebrating the implementation of this 'feature', after weeks of
>>> careful deliberation.
>>>
>>> Reminiscent of the recent discussion in the dev group about renaming
>>> newly opened, blank tabs, something other than 'New Tab'.
>>>
>>> I really do admire the enormous time and effort the devs put into
>>> resolving these critical, showstopping bugs.
>>
>> This is really a trivial context-menu item to re-enact. If there's a
>> need, I'm certain someone will add it back in form of an add-on. Here's
>> the actual XUL entry that was removed from
>> chrome://browser/content/browser.xul:
>>

>> <menuitem id="context-sendlink"
>> label="&sendLinkCmd.label;"
>> accesskey="&sendLinkCmd.accesskey;"
>> oncommand="gContextMenu.sendLink();"/>
>
> Then there's always:
> F6>Ctrl+c>Alt+Tab>Ctrl+n(type-tab-type-tab)Ctrl+v>Ctrl+Enter

or even, Alt+f+e :)

[snip /]

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Rare Mozilla Stuff: https://www.projectit.com/

Re: Aurora 16 is out — Unprefixing time !

Sailfish-2
My bloviated meandering follows what Dr J R Stockton graced us with on
7/25/2012 12:00 PM:

> In mozilla.general message <[hidden email]
>> , Tue, 24 Jul 2012 13:22:15, Sailfish <REMOVECAPSsailfish@REMOVECAPSunf
> orgettable.com> posted:
>
>> o We slightly changed our UA string not to display the 3rd digit of our
>> versioning system.
>

> Is that the third digit of 14.0.1?
>
> If so, it is 0, and problems will appear in about 86 * 1.5 months -
> about All Fools' Day 2023.
>
> Or is it the third field, 1, that it is intended to mean?

I'm fairly certain it's the .1+ segment. iow, it would display only 14.0
in the example above.