Are unicode character classes supported by model xml schema?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Are unicode character classes supported by model xml schema?

ankostis
Hi,

i've been trying to establish an XML type constraint on a model
instance element, like that:

  <xsd:simpleType name="greeknameType">
    <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
      <xsd:pattern value="\p{IsGreek}*"></xsd:pattern>
    </xsd:restriction>
  </xsd:simpleType>

It doesn't seem to work.


Does anyone know whether the FF XForms implementation supports the xsd
schema character classes, defined by this specification?

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dt-cces


Thank you in Advance
  Kostis

_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xforms mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xforms
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are unicode character classes supported by model xml schema?

Steve Speicher
Kostis,

Since XForms uses the schema-validation extension and it uses the JS RegExp
class without modification (like not adding this custom support from XML
Schema), I can say with fairly high certainty that this is not supported.
Please open bug http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xforms/feedback.html if this
is desired, it may get done someday.

-- Steve

On 8/27/07, ankostis <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi,
>
> i've been trying to establish an XML type constraint on a model
> instance element, like that:
>
>   <xsd:simpleType name="greeknameType">
>     <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
>       <xsd:pattern value="\p{IsGreek}*"></xsd:pattern>
>     </xsd:restriction>
>   </xsd:simpleType>
>
> It doesn't seem to work.
>
>
> Does anyone know whether the FF XForms implementation supports the xsd
> schema character classes, defined by this specification?
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dt-cces
>
>
> Thank you in Advance
>   Kostis
>
> _______________________________________________
> dev-tech-xforms mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xforms
>
_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xforms mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xforms
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Are unicode character classes supported by model xml schema?

ankostis
In reply to this post by ankostis
Bug filed:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=393849

(no reproduction source-code included though)

Regards,
  Kostis

On Aug 27, 3:32 pm, "Steve Speicher" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Kostis,
>
> Since XForms uses the schema-validation extension and it uses the JS RegExp
> class without modification (like not adding this custom support from XML
> Schema), I can say with fairly high certainty that this is not supported.
> Please open bughttp://www.mozilla.org/projects/xforms/feedback.htmlif this
> is desired, it may get done someday.
>
> -- Steve
>
> On 8/27/07, ankostis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
>
> > Hi,
>
> > i've been trying to establish an XML type constraint on a model
> > instance element, like that:
>
> >   <xsd:simpleType name="greeknameType">
> >     <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
> >       <xsd:pattern value="\p{IsGreek}*"></xsd:pattern>
> >     </xsd:restriction>
> >   </xsd:simpleType>
>
> > It doesn't seem to work.
>
> > Does anyone know whether the FF XForms implementation supports the xsd
> > schema character classes, defined by this specification?
>
> >http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dt-cces
>
> > Thank you in Advance
> >   Kostis
>
> > _______________________________________________
> > dev-tech-xforms mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> >https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xforms


_______________________________________________
dev-tech-xforms mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-tech-xforms