Quantcast

Are there plans for a chrome js debugger?

Are there plans for a chrome js debugger?

al_9x
Chromebug development appears to have stopped:

"I am not working on chromebug at present. It's too difficult to keep up
with bugs and changes in Firefox."
https://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.addons.chromebug/msg/8ab3ff38cf097656

but a platform needs a debugger, does it not?  Mozilla should either help
Chromebug or release their own.

Re: Are there plans for a chrome js debugger?

Boris Zbarsky
On 7/31/11 8:28 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Mozilla should either help Chromebug

You say that as if we haven't been... ;)

-Boris

Re: Are there plans for a chrome js debugger?

al_9x
"Boris Zbarsky" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
>> Mozilla should either help Chromebug
>
> You say that as if we haven't been... ;)
>
> -Boris

I wasn't looking to blame anyone.  Whatever the case may have been,
Chromebug development is at least on hold.

So the question remains, is Mozilla planning to:

a. help revive Chromebug somehow
b. release a Mozilla chrome js debugger
c. do nothing, leaving the platform without a debugger

I am hoping it's not c.

Re: Are there plans for a chrome js debugger?

Neil-4
[hidden email] wrote:

>Chromebug development appears to have stopped:
>
>"I am not working on chromebug at present. It's too difficult to keep up with bugs and changes in Firefox."
>https://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.addons.chromebug/msg/8ab3ff38cf097656
>
>but a platform needs a debugger, does it not?  Mozilla should either help Chromebug or release their own.

Did Venkman stop working?

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.