Are simpleTypes implemented?

gandrewsms
In Section 6.2 of the release notes:
   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xforms/ReleaseNotes-v8.html#chapter-6

It is not clear if simpleTypes are supported.  I cannot get them to
work, and it is not clear from the comment in the release notes:

        "We will support simpleType's using length, minlength, maxlength,
        pattern, maxinclusive, mininclusive, maxexclusive, minexclusive,
        totaldigits, and fractiondigits"

whether simpleTypes are currently implemented or if this is planned for
the future.

Does anyone know if this is implemented?

Glenn

Re: Are simpleTypes implemented?

gandrewsms
The following test schema appears to limit the value of the
expiration_month variable in Internet Explorer formsPlayer, by denying
submission.  However, Mozilla ignores the schema.  I am assuming
xs:simpleType with restrictions is therefore not implemented in the
0.8.0.3 version for Mozilla/XForms.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xs:schema targetNamespace="http://5BFA95FC58CC11DCA0F9987755D89593"
xmlns:u="http://5BFA95FC58CC11DCA0F9987755D89593"
xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" elementFormDefault="qualified" >
    <xs:element name="document_node" />
    <xs:element name="table_row" />
    <xs:element name="expiration_month" >
        <xs:simpleType>
            <xs:restriction base="xs:integer">
                <xs:minInclusive value="6" />
            </xs:restriction>
        </xs:simpleType>
    </xs:element>
</xs:schema>

glenn andrews wrote:

>In Section 6.2 of the release notes:
>   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xforms/ReleaseNotes-v8.html#chapter-6
>
>It is not clear if simpleTypes are supported.  I cannot get them to
>work, and it is not clear from the comment in the release notes:
>
>        "We will support simpleType's using length, minlength, maxlength,
>        pattern, maxinclusive, mininclusive, maxexclusive, minexclusive,
>        totaldigits, and fractiondigits"
>
>whether simpleTypes are currently implemented or if this is planned for
>the future.
>
>Does anyone know if this is implemented?
>
>Glenn

Re: Are simpleTypes implemented?

Aaron Reed
Hi Glenn,

I believe that we have the code in place to support simpleType.  We just
seem to have some schema bugs in that area right now.  I tried a couple
of testcases that I know used to work that no longer do.  But I don't
know when someone will have time to look at the bugs.

--Aaron