Quantcast

Are concurrent queries supported?

Matthew M. DeLoera
Hello!

Last year I posted a question but never got any replies:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mozilla.devel.directory/2616

I just want to know whether I'm supposed to be able to execute concurrent queries in the same session, using the message IDs and async calls.

Or do people tend to just execute a single query at a time?

Thanks,
- Matthew

Re: Are concurrent queries supported?

Rich Megginson
On 05/17/2013 07:17 AM, Matthew M. DeLoera wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Last year I posted a question but never got any replies:
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mozilla.devel.directory/2616
>
> I just want to know whether I'm supposed to be able to execute concurrent queries in the same session, using the message IDs and async calls.
>
> Or do people tend to just execute a single query at a time?
>
> Thanks,
> - Matthew

Do you mean, for example, having two threads call ldap_modify_ext()
using the same LDAP *ld at the same time?  No, that is not thread safe -
you must use a mutex or similar to guarantee one thread at a time.