Archiving the Mozilla Localization Community page on Facebook

Archiving the Mozilla Localization Community page on Facebook

Francesco Lodolo [:flod]
Hi localizers,

Quick update on our Mozilla Localization Community page on Facebook.

We created this page in June 2017 [1], as an additional communication
channel for the localization Community. Compared to other experiments, like
the Telegram channel, it never really contributed in a significant way to
engage more localizers in the conversation, or helped reduce the gap
between staff and volunteers.

A lot has also changed in the past 2.5 years, including the general feeling
towards Facebook in the larger Mozilla Community.

For these reasons, we decided to archive the page, and focus on the
existing communication channels. On the topic, we look forward to provide
more information on the system that will replace IRC in the coming months
[2].

Francesco

[1]
https://blog.mozilla.org/l10n/2017/06/30/localization-mozilla-sfallhands/