Anyone migrated legacy add-on to Thunderbird 63?

Anyone migrated legacy add-on to Thunderbird 63?

bharath kumar
Hi,

Anyone using legacy binary based add-on and successfully migrated to Thunderbird 63? We have a legacy add-on which we migrated to Thunderbird 60 by fixing few syntax errors in JS files. However, in Thunderbird 63, my add-on is not loaded. Also, is Thunderbird 63 expecting bootstrap.js? I got few errors and I fixed it by adding a bootstrap.js. But, I still see following warning and our add-on is not loaded:

Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:1
Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'style'. chrome.manifest:9
Bootstrapped manifest not allowed to use 'resource' directive. chrome.manifest:26

Bharath

Re: Anyone migrated legacy add-on to Thunderbird 63?

Jörg Knobloch
On 24/10/2018 16:36, bharath kumar wrote:
> Anyone using legacy binary based add-on and successfully migrated to Thunderbird 63? We have a legacy add-on which we migrated to Thunderbird 60 by fixing few syntax errors in JS files. However, in Thunderbird 63, my add-on is not loaded. Also, is Thunderbird 63 expecting bootstrap.js? I got few errors and I fixed it by adding a bootstrap.js. But, I still see following warning and our add-on is not loaded:
>
> Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:1
> Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'style'. chrome.manifest:9
> Bootstrapped manifest not allowed to use 'resource' directive. chrome.manifest:26

We don't have any specific information relating to "binary based"
add-ons, but in general you need to follow:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Add-ons_Guide_63

which we will enhance as new information comes to hand. Legacy add-ons
need to convert from install.rdf to manifest.json. bootstrapped add-ons
should keep working in TB 63/64.

As others have already told you: Only TB 60 and TB 68 will go to ESR
(extended support release), 61, 62 were skipped, 63-67 will only go to beta.

As add-on developer you should check your add-on with *all* beta
versions, especially TB 68 beta which will be available shortly after
2019-05-14. It will be released as ESR after 2019-07-09.

Jörg.

Re: Anyone migrated legacy add-on to Thunderbird 63?

dillinger-2
On 10/24/18 4:36 PM, bharath kumar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone using legacy binary based add-on and successfully migrated to Thunderbird 63? We have a legacy add-on which we migrated to Thunderbird 60 by fixing few syntax errors in JS files. However, in Thunderbird 63, my add-on is not loaded. Also, is Thunderbird 63 expecting bootstrap.js? I got few errors and I fixed it by adding a bootstrap.js. But, I still see following warning and our add-on is not loaded:
>
> Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'overlay'. chrome.manifest:1
> Ignoring unrecognized chrome manifest directive 'style'. chrome.manifest:9
> Bootstrapped manifest not allowed to use 'resource' directive. chrome.manifest:26
>

> Thanks,
> Regards,
> Bharath

Well, yes, it loads, I basically copied the way Lightning loads in TB63.

But it's buggy, and it doesn't load completely, except on restarts.

I could upload it to ATN, but I have no idea if uploading a version that
has a minimum TB version of TB 63 would block the current version for TB
60 users, I wouldn't want that to happen.

On 25/10/2018 21:45, dillinger wrote:
> I could upload it to ATN, but I have no idea if uploading a version
> that has a minimum TB version of TB 63 would block the current version
> for TB 60 users, I wouldn't want that to happen.

Good question.

We've discussed before how to upload an add-on (semi-)fit for TB 63+
without clobbering the one for TB 60.

Andrei?

Jörg.