Anyone know what might be wrong here?

Peter-55
Hi Folks,

I have been using using PW Seamonkey 1.0.7 on eCS 1.2MR since Peter
released it without problem, however today I tried to view
www.sky.co.nz, and while the initial page and the TV schedules look
ok, if I try and go to their Pricing pages
        www.sky.co.nz ==>  Prices and packages ==> Sky UHF Packages

I get just their header screen with no detail info at all.

If I view the source of that page
(http://www.sky.co.nz/index.cfm?pageid=540) I see about 700 bytes of
CRLF and a few TAB's, before I can find <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC
"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">, otherwise the basic page
display looks ok, but no details are visible. Now I also use Privoxy,
however I disabled that without change to the problem. Does anyone
else see their pricing schedule or know what might be going on here?

Thanks...............pk.

--
Peter from Auckland.

Re: Anyone know what might be wrong here?

Dave Yeo-3
Peter wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I have been using using PW Seamonkey 1.0.7 on eCS 1.2MR since Peter
> released it without problem, however today I tried to view
> www.sky.co.nz, and while the initial page and the TV schedules look
> ok, if I try and go to their Pricing pages
> www.sky.co.nz ==>  Prices and packages ==> Sky UHF Packages
>
> I get just their header screen with no detail info at all.
>
> If I view the source of that page
> (http://www.sky.co.nz/index.cfm?pageid=540) I see about 700 bytes of
> CRLF and a few TAB's, before I can find <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC
> "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">, otherwise the basic page
> display looks ok, but no details are visible. Now I also use Privoxy,
> however I disabled that without change to the problem. Does anyone
> else see their pricing schedule or know what might be going on here?
>
> Thanks...............pk.

I get the same with a fairly new trunk build. If you check the page here
(validator.w3.org) you will see the page is not valid and amongst other
things specifies both utf8 and iso-8859-1 which may well confuse seamonkey.
For the hell of it I try'd NS 4.61. It crashed :(
Dave

Re: Anyone know what might be wrong here?

Paul Ratcliffe
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 13:40:55 -0800, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I try'd

How stupid do you look?

Re: Anyone know what might be wrong here?

Peter-55
H iDave,

> > I have been using using PW Seamonkey 1.0.7 on eCS 1.2MR since Peter
> > released it without problem, however today I tried to view
> > www.sky.co.nz, and while the initial page and the TV schedules look
> > ok, if I try and go to their Pricing pages
> > www.sky.co.nz ==>  Prices and packages ==> Sky UHF Packages
> >
> > I get just their header screen with no detail info at all.
> >
> > If I view the source of that page
> > (http://www.sky.co.nz/index.cfm?pageid=540) I see about 700 bytes of
> > CRLF and a few TAB's, before I can find <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC
> > "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">, otherwise the basic page
> > display looks ok, but no details are visible. Now I also use Privoxy,
> > however I disabled that without change to the problem. Does anyone
> > else see their pricing schedule or know what might be going on here?
> >
> > Thanks...............pk.
> >

> I get the same with a fairly new trunk build. If you check the page here
> (validator.w3.org) you will see the page is not valid and amongst other
> things specifies both utf8 and iso-8859-1 which may well confuse seamonkey.
> For the hell of it I try'd NS 4.61. It crashed :(

I just had an Email reply from Sky, they admit that much of their Web
Site has errors at the moment (many other pages have similar issues),
and forwarded an Email version of their charges,. Hopefully the Web
Site will be fixed before long.

Cheers...........pk.

--
Peter from Auckland.

Re: Anyone know what might be wrong here? [O/T]

Henry Sobotka
Paul Ratcliffe wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 13:40:55 -0800, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I try'd
>
> How stupid do you look?

"Try'd" is a perfectly legitimate form in use since the 17th and 18th
century (see OED, vol. XVIII) and cited by Samuel Johnson in his
dictionary in a passage from Milton.

h~

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:14:08 -0500, Henry Sobotka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Paul Ratcliffe wrote:
>> On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 13:40:55 -0800, Dave Yeo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I try'd
>>
>> How stupid do you look?
>
> "Try'd" is a perfectly legitimate form in use since the 17th and 18th
> century (see OED, vol. XVIII) and cited by Samuel Johnson in his
> dictionary in a passage from Milton.

Bullshit. It is pig ignorance - the kind of pig ignorance that puts an
apostrophe before almost every 's' whether needed or not. Now stupid people
are doing it with 'd' as well. The word is "tried". Any other form is
archaic and obsolete, at best. It certainly isn't in common usage, nor
should it be.

Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 09:14:08 -0500, Henry Sobotka <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Paul Ratcliffe wrote:

>>> How stupid do you look?
>> "Try'd" is a perfectly legitimate form in use since the 17th and 18th
>> century (see OED, vol. XVIII) and cited by Samuel Johnson in his
>> dictionary in a passage from Milton.
>
> Bullshit. It is pig ignorance - the kind of pig ignorance that puts an
> apostrophe before almost every 's' whether needed or not. Now stupid people
> are doing it with 'd' as well. The word is "tried". Any other form is
> archaic and obsolete, at best. It certainly isn't in common usage, nor
> should it be.

Gratuitously insulting Dave, a longstanding Warpzilla contributor, for
using a variant spelling in providing helpful feedback is
counterproductive to say the least. And if anything is "pig ignorance",
it's belittling the intelligence of pigs.

h~