Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

Sailfish-4
See subject above.

--
Sailfish

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

Jeff Barnett
Sailfish wrote on 8/6/2019 4:35 PM:
> See subject above.

The subject (on the message) above says "Re: Free Sex Talk with Naughty
Women". Now what?

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

😉 Good Guy 😉
On 07/08/2019 00:29, Jeff Barnett wrote:

> The subject (on the message) above says "Re: Free Sex Talk with
> Naughty Women". Now what?

Now have sex with them.  Silly to ask this here don't you think so?

--
With over 999 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

WaltS48-9
On 8/6/19 6:35 PM, Sailfish wrote:
> See subject above.

I'd need a page to test with, but doesn't uBlock Origin's EasyPrivacy
selection do that if enabled in the extensions Dashboard?

I see,

-google-analytics-
-google-analytics.
-google-analytics/

in that list.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://www.ghacks.net/2019/07/18/how-to-disable-the-email-signature-in-avast-free-antivirus/

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 8/6/2019
5:12 PM:

> On 8/6/19 6:35 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> See subject above.
>>

> I'd need a page to test with, but doesn't uBlock Origin's EasyPrivacy
> selection do that if enabled in the extensions Dashboard?
>
> I see,
>
> -google-analytics-
> -google-analytics.
> -google-analytics/
>
> in that list.

Here's the offending site, https://www.readyslo.org . Each box is linked
to other cross-domain sites. However, the Google Analytic javascript
code snippet in the parent page prevents the page from loading when
using mouse left button, however, middle mouse button will open them in
a new tab, as well as a context button (right mouse button) Menu item
'Open link in ...'

I'm using Ghostery but if you are using uBlock that would be interesting
to see if it strips the code snippet and allows the left mouse button to
open the sites.

--
Sailfish

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Jeff Barnett graced us with on
8/6/2019 4:29 PM:
> Sailfish wrote on 8/6/2019 4:35 PM:
>> See subject above.
>
> The subject (on the message) above says "Re: Free Sex Talk with Naughty
> Women". Now what?

Not sure if your reply was in jest since no smiley was appended but,
just to be sure, the 'subject above' is my Subject line, is it not that
in your view?

Sailfish wrote on 8/6/2019 10:39 PM:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Jeff Barnett graced us with on
> 8/6/2019 4:29 PM:
>> Sailfish wrote on 8/6/2019 4:35 PM:
>>> See subject above.
>>
>> The subject (on the message) above says "Re: Free Sex Talk with
>> Naughty Women". Now what?
>>
> Not sure if your reply was in jest since no smiley was appended but,
> just to be sure, the 'subject above' is my Subject line, is it not that
> in your view?

It was in jest; I was merely playing with a slight ambiguity. I actually
don't knew where the odd character insertion mechanism is kept so no
smileys by me.
--
Jeff Barnett

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

Ken Whiton
*-* On Tue, 6 Aug 2019, a 23:39:41 -0600,
*-* In Article <[hidden email]>,
*-* Jeff Barnett wrote
*-* About Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript
snippet from pages on load?

> Sailfish wrote on 8/6/2019 10:39 PM:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Jeff Barnett graced us with on

>>> The subject (on the message) above says "Re: Free Sex Talk with
>>> Naughty Women". Now what?

>> Not sure if your reply was in jest since no smiley was appended
>> but, just to be sure, the 'subject above' is my Subject line, is it
>> not that in your view?

> It was in jest; I was merely playing with a slight ambiguity. I
> actually don't knew where the odd character insertion mechanism is
> kept so no smileys by me.

      You can always use plain text smileys.

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_:_FAQs_:_Viewing_Headers#Plain_text>

                                         Ken Whiton
--
     FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: [hidden email] (remove the obvious to reply)

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Jeff Barnett graced us with on
8/6/2019 10:39 PM:

> Sailfish wrote on 8/6/2019 10:39 PM:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Jeff Barnett graced us with on
>>>
>>> The subject (on the message) above says "Re: Free Sex Talk with
>>> Naughty Women". Now what?
>>>
>> Not sure if your reply was in jest since no smiley was appended but,
>> just to be sure, the 'subject above' is my Subject line, is it not
>> that in your view?
>
> It was in jest; I was merely playing with a slight ambiguity. I actually
> don't knew where the odd character insertion mechanism is kept so no
> smileys by me.

B-)

--
Sailfish

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Jeff Barnett graced us with on
8/6/2019 10:39 PM:

> Sailfish wrote on 8/6/2019 10:39 PM:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Jeff Barnett graced us with on
>>>
>>> The subject (on the message) above says "Re: Free Sex Talk with
>>> Naughty Women". Now what?
>>>
>> Not sure if your reply was in jest since no smiley was appended but,
>> just to be sure, the 'subject above' is my Subject line, is it not
>> that in your view?
>
> It was in jest; I was merely playing with a slight ambiguity. I actually
> don't knew where the odd character insertion mechanism is kept so no
> smileys by me.

Make that 8-)

On 8/7/19 12:36 AM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 8/6/2019
> 5:12 PM:
>> On 8/6/19 6:35 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> See subject above.
>>>

>> I'd need a page to test with, but doesn't uBlock Origin's EasyPrivacy
>> selection do that if enabled in the extensions Dashboard?
>>
>> I see,
>>
>> -google-analytics-
>> -google-analytics.
>> -google-analytics/
>>
>> in that list.
>>
> Here's the offending site, https://www.readyslo.org . Each box is linked
> to other cross-domain sites. However, the Google Analytic javascript
> code snippet in the parent page prevents the page from loading when
> using mouse left button, however, middle mouse button will open them in
> a new tab, as well as a context button (right mouse button) Menu item
> 'Open link in ...'
>
> I'm using Ghostery but if you are using uBlock that would be interesting
> to see if it strips the code snippet and allows the left mouse button to
> open the sites.

Still not sure what I'm looking for there. Sorry.

Do any of these help?

<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=google%20analytics>

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://www.ghacks.net/2019/07/18/how-to-disable-the-email-signature-in-avast-free-antivirus/
MTOLRP

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 8/7/2019
7:23 AM:

> On 8/7/19 12:36 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on
>>>>

>>> I'd need a page to test with, but doesn't uBlock Origin's EasyPrivacy
>>> selection do that if enabled in the extensions Dashboard?
>>>
>>> I see,
>>>
>>> -google-analytics-
>>> -google-analytics.
>>> -google-analytics/
>>>
>>> in that list.
>>>
>> Here's the offending site, https://www.readyslo.org . Each box is
>> linked to other cross-domain sites. However, the Google Analytic
>> javascript code snippet in the parent page prevents the page from
>> will open them in a new tab, as well as a context button (right mouse
>> button) Menu item 'Open link in ...'
>>
>> I'm using Ghostery but if you are using uBlock that would be
>> interesting to see if it strips the code snippet and allows the left
>> mouse button to open the sites.
>>

> Still not sure what I'm looking for there. Sorry.
>
> Do any of these help?
>
> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=google%20analytics>

On Firefox, with Tracking Protection enabled, when I use the normal left
mouse button to click these boxes (expecting to load their respective
sites as depicted at the bottom of the box) it simply ignores the click.
If I middle click the boxes, they load fine in new tab.

Is this not what you are experiencing?

--
Sailfish

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

Mozilla - General mailing list
Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 8/7/2019
> 7:23 AM:
>
>> On 8/7/19 12:36 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>>
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on
>>> 8/6/2019 5:12 PM:

>>> Here's the offending site, https://www.readyslo.org . Each box is
>>> linked to other cross-domain sites. However, the Google Analytic
>>> javascript code snippet in the parent page prevents the page from
>>> will open them in a new tab, as well as a context button (right mouse
>>> button) Menu item 'Open link in ...'
>>>
>>> I'm using Ghostery but if you are using uBlock that would be
>>> interesting to see if it strips the code snippet and allows the left
>>> mouse button to open the sites.
>>>

>> Still not sure what I'm looking for there. Sorry.
>>
>> Do any of these help?
>>
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=google%20analytics>
>>
> On Firefox, with Tracking Protection enabled, when I use the normal left
> mouse button to click these boxes (expecting to load their respective
> sites as depicted at the bottom of the box) it simply ignores the click.
> If I middle click the boxes, they load fine in new tab.
>
> Is this not what you are experiencing?

I got the same thing when I opened the page. Left clicked and nothing
happened. I also get the same response on several sites. I then did what
I always try when this happens; disabled uBlock Origin on the page and
reloaded the page. Left clicking then worked just fine. Out of
curiousity, I closed the page and reloaded it with uBlock Origin active
again. This time left clicking worked normally. Go figure!!

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

David E. Ross-3
On 8/6/2019 9:36 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 8/6/2019
> 5:12 PM:
>> On 8/6/19 6:35 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> See subject above.
>>>

>> I'd need a page to test with, but doesn't uBlock Origin's EasyPrivacy
>> selection do that if enabled in the extensions Dashboard?
>>
>> I see,
>>
>> -google-analytics-
>> -google-analytics.
>> -google-analytics/
>>
>> in that list.
>>
> Here's the offending site, https://www.readyslo.org . Each box is linked
> to other cross-domain sites. However, the Google Analytic javascript
> code snippet in the parent page prevents the page from loading when
> using mouse left button, however, middle mouse button will open them in
> a new tab, as well as a context button (right mouse button) Menu item
> 'Open link in ...'
>
> I'm using Ghostery but if you are using uBlock that would be interesting
> to see if it strips the code snippet and allows the left mouse button to
> open the sites.

That Web site was developed by eSolutions, a Canadian company.  The
pages at eSolutions' own Web site indicate they cannot create error-free
Web sites.  For example, the eSolutions home page has 19 HTML errors and
50 CSS errors when tested with the W3C test tools.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Trump disavows "Send her back" rally chant.  We must all remember,
however, it was Trump who first said "Send them back".  In any case,
Trump praised the chanters as "incredible patriots".

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

Dave Royal
Sailfish <[hidden email]> Wrote in message:

> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 8/7/2019
> 7:23 AM:
>> On 8/7/19 12:36 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on
>>> 8/6/2019 5:12 PM:

>>> Here's the offending site, https://www.readyslo.org . Each box is
>>> linked to other cross-domain sites. However, the Google Analytic
>>> javascript code snippet in the parent page prevents the page from
>>> will open them in a new tab, as well as a context button (right mouse
>>> button) Menu item 'Open link in ...'
>>>
>>> I'm using Ghostery but if you are using uBlock that would be
>>> interesting to see if it strips the code snippet and allows the left
>>> mouse button to open the sites.
>>>

>> Still not sure what I'm looking for there. Sorry.
>>
>> Do any of these help?
>>
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=google%20analytics>
>>
> On Firefox, with Tracking Protection enabled, when I use the normal left
> mouse button to click these boxes (expecting to load their respective
> sites as depicted at the bottom of the box) it simply ignores the click.
> If I middle click the boxes, they load fine in new tab.
>
> Is this not what you are experiencing?

I see the same, on Linux desktop and Android. Tracking protection
 stops left-click.

I wonder why the different domains?
--
(Remove numerics from my email address)

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Dave Royal graced us with on
8/7/2019 11:43 PM:

> Sailfish <[hidden email]> Wrote in message:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 8/7/2019
>> 7:23 AM:

>>> Still not sure what I'm looking for there. Sorry.
>>>
>>> Do any of these help?
>>>
>>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=google%20analytics>
>>>
>> On Firefox, with Tracking Protection enabled, when I use the normal left
>> mouse button to click these boxes (expecting to load their respective
>> sites as depicted at the bottom of the box) it simply ignores the click.
>> If I middle click the boxes, they load fine in new tab.
>>
>> Is this not what you are experiencing?
>>
> I see the same, on Linux desktop and Android. Tracking protection
>  stops left-click.
>
> I wonder why the different domains?

It turns out that those 3 HTML links have their target attribute set to
'_self', which tells the browser to open those cross-browser links in
the same tab, overriding the parent page. I was able to discuss this
with the designer and mentioned that if he would change the attributes
from '_self' to '_blank' then the pages would load with a left-click in
another tab, which is ergonomically better. He agreed but mentioned that
the client intentionally wanted it to over-write the parent page. The
only thing I can guess is that is may have something to do with mobile
browser but, still.

--
Sailfish

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what David E. Ross graced us with on
8/7/2019 3:47 PM:

> On 8/6/2019 9:36 PM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 8/6/2019
>> 5:12 PM:
>>>>
>>> I'd need a page to test with, but doesn't uBlock Origin's EasyPrivacy
>>> selection do that if enabled in the extensions Dashboard?
>>>
>>> I see,
>>>
>>> -google-analytics-
>>> -google-analytics.
>>> -google-analytics/
>>>
>>> in that list.
>>>
>> Here's the offending site, https://www.readyslo.org . Each box is linked
>> to other cross-domain sites. However, the Google Analytic javascript
>> code snippet in the parent page prevents the page from loading when
>> using mouse left button, however, middle mouse button will open them in
>> a new tab, as well as a context button (right mouse button) Menu item
>> 'Open link in ...'
>>
>> I'm using Ghostery but if you are using uBlock that would be interesting
>> to see if it strips the code snippet and allows the left mouse button to
>> open the sites.
>
> That Web site was developed by eSolutions, a Canadian company.  The
> pages at eSolutions' own Web site indicate they cannot create error-free
> Web sites.  For example, the eSolutions home page has 19 HTML errors and
> 50 CSS errors when tested with the W3C test tools.

That, in itself, is not too surprising when one considers that most web
designers today use frameworks to design and those are notorious at
producing error-riddled markup.

On 8/7/19 10:37 AM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on 8/7/2019
> 7:23 AM:
>> On 8/7/19 12:36 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what WaltS48 graced us with on
>>> 8/6/2019 5:12 PM:

>>> Here's the offending site, https://www.readyslo.org . Each box is
>>> linked to other cross-domain sites. However, the Google Analytic
>>> javascript code snippet in the parent page prevents the page from
>>> will open them in a new tab, as well as a context button (right mouse
>>> button) Menu item 'Open link in ...'
>>>
>>> I'm using Ghostery but if you are using uBlock that would be
>>> interesting to see if it strips the code snippet and allows the left
>>> mouse button to open the sites.
>>>

>> Still not sure what I'm looking for there. Sorry.
>>
>> Do any of these help?
>>
>> <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=google%20analytics>
>>
> On Firefox, with Tracking Protection enabled, when I use the normal left
> mouse button to click these boxes (expecting to load their respective
> sites as depicted at the bottom of the box) it simply ignores the click.
> If I middle click the boxes, they load fine in new tab.
>
> Is this not what you are experiencing?

Now that I know what I am supposed to be doing. Yes, I see that behavior.

The Subject of this post and information in the body weren't very clear
to me.

Anyway, I see in a followup post that it is the way the client wants the
site to work.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://www.ghacks.net/2019/07/18/how-to-disable-the-email-signature-in-avast-free-antivirus/
MTOLRP

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

Dave Royal
Sailfish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Dave Royal graced us with on
> 8/7/2019 11:43 PM:
>> I see the same, on Linux desktop and Android. Tracking protection
>>  stops left-click.
>>
>> I wonder why the different domains?
>
> It turns out that those 3 HTML links have their target attribute set to
> '_self', which tells the browser to open those cross-browser links in
> the same tab, overriding the parent page. I was able to discuss this
> with the designer and mentioned that if he would change the attributes
> from '_self' to '_blank' then the pages would load with a left-click in
> another tab, which is ergonomically better. He agreed but mentioned that
> the client intentionally wanted it to over-write the parent page. The
> only thing I can guess is that is may have something to do with mobile
> browser but, still.

It works on Chromium, no ad-blockers - left-click loads into the same
tab.

I suspect this is a bug - or a feature - of tracking protection. Mobile
Firefox behaves exactly the same as on desktop.
--
(Remove numerics from email address)

Re: Any add-on that will strip Google Analytics Javascript snippet from pages on load?

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Dave Royal graced us with on
8/8/2019 9:00 AM:

> Sailfish <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Dave Royal graced us with on
>> 8/7/2019 11:43 PM:
>>> I see the same, on Linux desktop and Android. Tracking protection
>>>  stops left-click.
>>>
>>> I wonder why the different domains?
>> It turns out that those 3 HTML links have their target attribute set to
>> '_self', which tells the browser to open those cross-browser links in
>> the same tab, overriding the parent page. I was able to discuss this
>> with the designer and mentioned that if he would change the attributes
>> from '_self' to '_blank' then the pages would load with a left-click in
>> another tab, which is ergonomically better. He agreed but mentioned that
>> the client intentionally wanted it to over-write the parent page. The
>> only thing I can guess is that is may have something to do with mobile
>> browser but, still.
>>
> It works on Chromium, no ad-blockers - left-click loads into the same
> tab.
>
> I suspect this is a bug - or a feature - of tracking protection. Mobile
> Firefox behaves exactly the same as on desktop.

Yeah, I suspect it is a feature but the problem as I see it is that this
site is for emergency preparedness and since Fx has Tracking Protection
enabled by default, many unknowing viewers on that site using FX may
feel the site's broken and skip.

wrt to Chrome (and IE+Edge), yes, they all seem to work with left click
except if one has added this to their 'host' file:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StevenBlack/hosts/master/hosts , which
I have, then they all refuse to load the links.

--
Sailfish