Any Objections to a QA Flikr Account?

Clint Talbert-3
Hi Folks,

I am about to upload many pictures of the brainstorming sheets from the
work week, and our wiki is just a terrible place to store images. So, I
was thinking that perhaps we want to open a Flikr account for ourselves.
I've reviewed the terms of service [1] and they look fine to me.

Also, as we do more events we may be able to put photos of our events up
on our flikr account as well.

Are there any objections?

Clint

Re: Any Objections to a QA Flikr Account?

Clint Talbert-3
Oops.

Here is the link to the TOS:
https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/details.html

Clint
On 8/4/2014 17:45, Clint Talbert wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am about to upload many pictures of the brainstorming sheets from
> the work week, and our wiki is just a terrible place to store images.
> So, I was thinking that perhaps we want to open a Flikr account for
> ourselves. I've reviewed the terms of service [1] and they look fine
> to me.
>
> Also, as we do more events we may be able to put photos of our events
> up on our flikr account as well.
>
> Are there any objections?
>
> Clint

Re: Any Objections to a QA Flikr Account?

Stephen Donner-2
Seems fine with me, and I think having a centralized place (whichever we choose) helps to gravitate us to post, there.

I've also seen quite a few other organizations (both non-profit and corp.) posting to Flickr (if not exclusively, at least they do faithfully).

Also, not a lawyer, but reviewed the TOS and with the above info as well, we should be good to do so.

+1

- Stephen

> I am about to upload many pictures of the brainstorming sheets from
> the work week, and our wiki is just a terrible place to store images.
> So, I was thinking that perhaps we want to open a Flikr account for
> ourselves. I've reviewed the terms of service [1] and they look fine
> to me.
>
> Also, as we do more events we may be able to put photos of our events
> up on our flikr account as well.
>
> Are there any objections?
>
> Clint

Re: Any Objections to a QA Flikr Account?

Kamil Jozwiak
No objections here, I think it's a great idea. As mentioned during our work
week, adding images of all the different teams and all the events that we
host/have will create a more personal connection with our current and
future community members. I say the more images we add, the better. I would
love to see @MozillaQA being more active and mention the Flicker account
whenever we have some new images from an event.

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 6:41 PM, Stephen Donner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Seems fine with me, and I think having a centralized place (whichever we
> choose) helps to gravitate us to post, there.
>
> I've also seen quite a few other organizations (both non-profit and corp.)
> posting to Flickr (if not exclusively, at least they do faithfully).
>
> Also, not a lawyer, but reviewed the TOS and with the above info as well,
> we should be good to do so.
>
> +1
>
> - Stephen

rpappalardo
Sounds like a great idea.

On 8/4/14 8:13 PM, Kamil Jozwiak wrote:

> No objections here, I think it's a great idea. As mentioned during our work
> week, adding images of all the different teams and all the events that we
> host/have will create a more personal connection with our current and
> future community members. I say the more images we add, the better. I would
> love to see @MozillaQA being more active and mention the Flicker account
> whenever we have some new images from an event.
>

> On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 6:41 PM, Stephen Donner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Seems fine with me, and I think having a centralized place (whichever we
>> choose) helps to gravitate us to post, there.
>>
>> I've also seen quite a few other organizations (both non-profit and corp.)
>> posting to Flickr (if not exclusively, at least they do faithfully).
>>
>> Also, not a lawyer, but reviewed the TOS and with the above info as well,
>> we should be good to do so.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> - Stephen

Cloud Services QA
Mozilla Corporation
Phone: 314.374.7249

Re: Any Objections to a QA Flikr Account?

Clint Talbert-3
Ok, we now have a Yahoo ID and a flikr account at mozillaqe.
(Yes, I used the engineering acronym, and no I don't think we should
change everything just yet. I figured we just ought to start building
for the future of where we are going rather than creating another
account we'd have to change later).

Clint
On 8/4/2014 23:29, rpappalardo wrote:

> Sounds like a great idea.
>
> On 8/4/14 8:13 PM, Kamil Jozwiak wrote:
>> No objections here, I think it's a great idea. As mentioned during
>> our work
>> week, adding images of all the different teams and all the events
>> that we
>> host/have will create a more personal connection with our current and
>> future community members. I say the more images we add, the better. I
>> would
>> love to see @MozillaQA being more active and mention the Flicker account
>> whenever we have some new images from an event.
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 6:41 PM, Stephen Donner <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Seems fine with me, and I think having a centralized place
>>> (whichever we
>>> choose) helps to gravitate us to post, there.
>>>
>>> I've also seen quite a few other organizations (both non-profit and
>>> corp.)
>>> posting to Flickr (if not exclusively, at least they do faithfully).
>>>
>>> Also, not a lawyer, but reviewed the TOS and with the above info as
>>> well,
>>> we should be good to do so.
>>>
>>> +1
>>>
>>> - Stephen

Liz Henry
On 8/4/14 11:29 PM, rpappalardo wrote:

> Sounds like a great idea.
>
> On 8/4/14 8:13 PM, Kamil Jozwiak wrote:
>> No objections here, I think it's a great idea. As mentioned during our
>> work
>> week, adding images of all the different teams and all the events that we
>> host/have will create a more personal connection with our current and
>> future community members. I say the more images we add, the better. I
>> would
>> love to see @MozillaQA being more active and mention the Flicker account
>> whenever we have some new images from an event.

I'm happy to upload the images I have (not all that many).

I gave the existing photos in the Flickr account titles and added some
tags (which over time, can be surprisingly useful).

Who "owns" the group photos we took? I think they were on KaiRo's
camera. We should probably CC license them in some way.   We didn't
actually ask everyone if they were ok with the photos being public. I
assumed I was basically consenting to have Mozilla use them by being in
the photos.

- liz

--
Liz Henry

Re: Any Objections to a QA Flikr Account?

Robert Kaiser
Liz Henry schrieb:
> Who "owns" the group photos we took? I think they were on KaiRo's
> camera. We should probably CC license them in some way.   We didn't
> actually ask everyone if they were ok with the photos being public. I
> assumed I was basically consenting to have Mozilla use them by being in
> the photos.

I told Clint he can do whatever he wants with those images, I'm fine
with putting them even under CC0 given they were done with my camera
(and all I'm not on were also shot by myself).
My largest concerns why I didn't make them public right away was that 1)
I had not done any look at them to see if people look OK and 2) I don't
know if we have agreement from all people on the photos that they can be
public. I punted all that to Clint. ;-)

KaiRo