Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

Sailfish-4
Environment: Win7 SP1, Fx 52.x ESR

Anyone know of a setting to no-show the "Done" message from constantly
popping up during a long css scroll animated content page? It's
especially annoying when run in kiosk mode!

--
Sailfish

Re: Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

Ed Mullen-10
On 11/11/2017 at 4:59 PM, Sailfish created this epitome of digital genius:
> Environment: Win7 SP1, Fx 52.x ESR
>
> Anyone know of a setting to no-show the "Done" message from constantly
> popping up during a long css scroll animated content page? It's
> especially annoying when run in kiosk mode!

Don't remember ever seeing that.  Example page?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Re: Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Ed Mullen graced us with on
11/12/2017 8:02 AM:
> On 11/11/2017 at 4:59 PM, Sailfish created this epitome of digital genius:
>> Environment: Win7 SP1, Fx 52.x ESR
>>
>> Anyone know of a setting to no-show the "Done" message from constantly
>> popping up during a long css scroll animated content page? It's
>> especially annoying when run in kiosk mode!
>>
> Don't remember ever seeing that.  Example page?

Ref: https://imgur.com/jIRNBLb
It's a familial page I'm working so I cannot post the url to it but the
link above is a screen grab of it as it's scrolling up.

--
Sailfish

Re: Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

Ed Mullen-10
On 11/12/2017 at 6:53 PM, Sailfish created this epitome of digital genius:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Ed Mullen graced us with on
> 11/12/2017 8:02 AM:
>> On 11/11/2017 at 4:59 PM, Sailfish created this epitome of digital
>> genius:
>>> Environment: Win7 SP1, Fx 52.x ESR
>>>
>>> Anyone know of a setting to no-show the "Done" message from
>>> constantly popping up during a long css scroll animated content page?
>>> It's especially annoying when run in kiosk mode!
>>>
>> Don't remember ever seeing that.  Example page?
>>
> Ref: https://imgur.com/jIRNBLb
> It's a familial page I'm working so I cannot post the url to it but the
> link above is a screen grab of it as it's scrolling up.

Sorry, I've never seen that.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Re: Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Ed Mullen graced us with on
11/13/2017 7:02 AM:

> On 11/12/2017 at 6:53 PM, Sailfish created this epitome of digital genius:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ed Mullen graced us with on
>> 11/12/2017 8:02 AM:
>>> On 11/11/2017 at 4:59 PM, Sailfish created this epitome of digital
>>> genius:

>>> Don't remember ever seeing that.  Example page?
>>>
>> Ref: https://imgur.com/jIRNBLb
>> It's a familial page I'm working so I cannot post the url to it but
>> the link above is a screen grab of it as it's scrolling up.
>>
> Sorry, I've never seen that.

REF: https://codepen.io/TimPietrusky/pen/eHGfj

It's the text (like url when hovering over a link) that is normal
displayed on the statusbar but is displayed a popup when in fullscreen
kiosk (pressing F11) mode.

--
Sailfish

Re: Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on
11/13/2017 10:23 AM:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Ed Mullen graced us with on
> 11/13/2017 7:02 AM:
>> On 11/12/2017 at 6:53 PM, Sailfish created this epitome of digital
>> genius:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ed Mullen graced us with on
>>> 11/12/2017 8:02 AM:

>>> Ref: https://imgur.com/jIRNBLb
>>> It's a familial page I'm working so I cannot post the url to it but
>>> the link above is a screen grab of it as it's scrolling up.
>>>
>> Sorry, I've never seen that.
>>
> REF: https://codepen.io/TimPietrusky/pen/eHGfj
>
> It's the text (like url when hovering over a link) that is normal
> displayed on the statusbar but is displayed a popup when in fullscreen
> kiosk (pressing F11) mode.

Let re-state that...

It's the text (like a url when hovering over a link) that is normally
displayed on the statusbar but is displayed as a popup when in
fullscreen kiosk (pressing F11) mode.

Anyway, thanks for considering it. I've decided to go with Chrome that
not only doesn't display status in kiosk mode but also renders the
animation much more smoothly. Fx is periodically jerky, even when being
run from local file system, i.e., not over internet.

--
Sailfish

Re: Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

Ray_Net
Sailfish wrote on 14-11-17 01:10:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on
> 11/13/2017 10:23 AM:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ed Mullen graced us with on
>> 11/13/2017 7:02 AM:
>>> On 11/12/2017 at 6:53 PM, Sailfish created this epitome of digital
>>> genius:

>>> Sorry, I've never seen that.
>>>
>> REF: https://codepen.io/TimPietrusky/pen/eHGfj
>>
>> It's the text (like url when hovering over a link) that is normal
>> displayed on the statusbar but is displayed a popup when in
>> fullscreen kiosk (pressing F11) mode.
>>
> Let re-state that...
>
> It's the text (like a url when hovering over a link) that is normally
> displayed on the statusbar but is displayed as a popup when in
> fullscreen kiosk (pressing F11) mode.
>
> Anyway, thanks for considering it. I've decided to go with Chrome that
> not only doesn't display status in kiosk mode but also renders the
> animation much more smoothly. Fx is periodically jerky, even when
> being run from local file system, i.e., not over internet.

When my mouse hover a link - the link url adress is written in the
status bar.
When I am in full-screen by F11 - the status bar is not present and
nothing appeared when my mouse hover a link.

Re: Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Ray_Net graced us with on
11/14/2017 7:26 AM:

> Sailfish wrote on 14-11-17 01:10:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on
>> 11/13/2017 10:23 AM:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ed Mullen graced us with on
>>> 11/13/2017 7:02 AM:

>>> REF: https://codepen.io/TimPietrusky/pen/eHGfj
>>>
>>> It's the text (like url when hovering over a link) that is normal
>>> displayed on the statusbar but is displayed a popup when in
>>> fullscreen kiosk (pressing F11) mode.
>>>
>> Let re-state that...
>>
>> It's the text (like a url when hovering over a link) that is normally
>> displayed on the statusbar but is displayed as a popup when in
>> fullscreen kiosk (pressing F11) mode.
>>
>> Anyway, thanks for considering it. I've decided to go with Chrome that
>> not only doesn't display status in kiosk mode but also renders the
>> animation much more smoothly. Fx is periodically jerky, even when
>> being run from local file system, i.e., not over internet.
>>
> When my mouse hover a link - the link url adress is written in the
> status bar.
> When I am in full-screen by F11 - the status bar is not present and
> nothing appeared when my mouse hover a link.
Ray, yes, kiosk mode doesn't display a statusbar nor link-hover
addresses (I only mentioned the link-hover to explain the status
message.) However, it does display the "Done" bubble after it has
finished loading some data, which is what I'm experiencing.

Sailfish wrote on 14-11-17 17:27:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Ray_Net graced us with on
> 11/14/2017 7:26 AM:
>> Sailfish wrote on 14-11-17 01:10:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on
>>> 11/13/2017 10:23 AM:

>>> Let re-state that...
>>>
>>> It's the text (like a url when hovering over a link) that is
>>> normally displayed on the statusbar but is displayed as a popup when
>>> in fullscreen kiosk (pressing F11) mode.
>>>
>>> Anyway, thanks for considering it. I've decided to go with Chrome
>>> that not only doesn't display status in kiosk mode but also renders
>>> the animation much more smoothly. Fx is periodically jerky, even
>>> when being run from local file system, i.e., not over internet.
>>>
>> When my mouse hover a link - the link url adress is written in the
>> status bar.
>> When I am in full-screen by F11 - the status bar is not present and
>> nothing appeared when my mouse hover a link.
> Ray, yes, kiosk mode doesn't display a statusbar nor link-hover
> addresses (I only mentioned the link-hover to explain the status
> message.) However, it does display the "Done" bubble after it has
> finished loading some data, which is what I'm experiencing.

You speak about an "done" pop-up ....

Re: Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Ray_Net graced us with on
11/14/2017 2:55 PM:

> Sailfish wrote on 14-11-17 17:27:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ray_Net graced us with on

>>> When my mouse hover a link - the link url adress is written in the
>>> status bar.
>>> When I am in full-screen by F11 - the status bar is not present and
>>> nothing appeared when my mouse hover a link.
>> Ray, yes, kiosk mode doesn't display a statusbar nor link-hover
>> addresses (I only mentioned the link-hover to explain the status
>> message.) However, it does display the "Done" bubble after it has
>> finished loading some data, which is what I'm experiencing.
>>
> You speak about an "done" pop-up ....
Ref: https://imgur.com/4tHruK7

It's the same "Done" that is normally displayed on a non-kiosk mode
statusbar, see above.

--
Sailfish

Re: Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

dillinger-2
On 11/16/2017 2:38 AM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Ray_Net graced us with on
> 11/14/2017 2:55 PM:
>> Sailfish wrote on 14-11-17 17:27:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ray_Net graced us with on
>>> 11/14/2017 7:26 AM:

>>> Ray, yes, kiosk mode doesn't display a statusbar nor link-hover
>>> addresses (I only mentioned the link-hover to explain the status
>>> message.) However, it does display the "Done" bubble after it has
>>> finished loading some data, which is what I'm experiencing.
>>>
>> You speak about an "done" pop-up ....
> Ref: https://imgur.com/4tHruK7
>
> It's the same "Done" that is normally displayed on a non-kiosk mode
> statusbar, see above.

Assuming you adapted that Star Wars page for your page, does it display
that Done! too? It doesn't over here.

Re: Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what dillinger graced us with on
11/15/2017 10:32 PM:

> On 11/16/2017 2:38 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ray_Net graced us with on

>>> You speak about an "done" pop-up ....
>> Ref: https://imgur.com/4tHruK7
>>
>> It's the same "Done" that is normally displayed on a non-kiosk mode
>> statusbar, see above.
>>
> Assuming you adapted that Star Wars page for your page, does it display
> that Done! too? It doesn't over here.

Which page specifically? I'll give it a try however, I've added many
other features like interactive music, video and even scroll controls,
e.g., spacebar pauses all of them synchronously and a hamburger button
to present a dropdown sidebar, most of them incorporating event handlers.

Even so, Fx should display "done" status messages in kiosk mode, imo.

--
Sailfish

Re: Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on
11/15/2017 11:09 PM:

> My bloviated meandering follows what dillinger graced us with on
> 11/15/2017 10:32 PM:
>> On 11/16/2017 2:38 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ray_Net graced us with on
>>> 11/14/2017 2:55 PM:

>>> Ref: https://imgur.com/4tHruK7
>>>
>>> It's the same "Done" that is normally displayed on a non-kiosk mode
>>> statusbar, see above.
>>>
>> Assuming you adapted that Star Wars page for your page, does it
>> display that Done! too? It doesn't over here.
>>
> Which page specifically? I'll give it a try however, I've added many
> other features like interactive music, video and even scroll controls,
> e.g., spacebar pauses all of them synchronously and a hamburger button
> to present a dropdown sidebar, most of them incorporating event handlers.
>
> Even so, Fx should display "done" status messages in kiosk mode, imo.

s/Fx should/Fx shouldn't/

Sailfish wrote on 16-11-17 02:38:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Ray_Net graced us with on
> 11/14/2017 2:55 PM:
>> Sailfish wrote on 14-11-17 17:27:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ray_Net graced us with on
>>> 11/14/2017 7:26 AM:

>>> Ray, yes, kiosk mode doesn't display a statusbar nor link-hover
>>> addresses (I only mentioned the link-hover to explain the status
>>> message.) However, it does display the "Done" bubble after it has
>>> finished loading some data, which is what I'm experiencing.
>>>
>> You speak about an "done" pop-up ....
> Ref: https://imgur.com/4tHruK7
>
> It's the same "Done" that is normally displayed on a non-kiosk mode
> statusbar, see above.

I did not see an "Done" pop-up in your screen-copy.
If there is a Done in the status bar in SM normal view ...when in full
screen there is nowhere to put a "Done" message because the status-bar
is not present, and I did not have a pop-up saying "Done"

Re: Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what Ray_Net graced us with on
11/16/2017 1:43 AM:

> Sailfish wrote on 16-11-17 02:38:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Ray_Net graced us with on

>>> You speak about an "done" pop-up ....
>> Ref: https://imgur.com/4tHruK7
>>
>> It's the same "Done" that is normally displayed on a non-kiosk mode
>> statusbar, see above.
>>
> I did not see an "Done" pop-up in your screen-copy.
> If there is a Done in the status bar in SM normal view ...when in full
> screen there is nowhere to put a "Done" message because the status-bar
> is not present, and I did not have a pop-up saying "Done"

My first link above shows the offending pop-up in kiosk-mode. This link
directly above was to show that it was the status message in non-kiosk mode.

Don't know about SM but it's not there in Chrome nor MSIE, which are
what I am going to have to recommend for a browser instead of Fx.

On 11/16/2017 08:10 AM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on
> 11/15/2017 11:09 PM:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what dillinger graced us with on

>>> Assuming you adapted that Star Wars page for your page, does it
>>> display that Done! too? It doesn't over here.
>>>
>> Which page specifically? I'll give it a try however, I've added many
>> other features like interactive music, video and even scroll controls,
>> e.g., spacebar pauses all of them synchronously and a hamburger button
>> to present a dropdown sidebar, most of them incorporating event handlers.
>>
>> Even so, Fx should display "done" status messages in kiosk mode, imo.
>>
> s/Fx should/Fx shouldn't/

https://codepen.io/TimPietrusky/pen/eHGfj

I only push start, and it doesn't show Done!

Re: Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what dillinger graced us with on
11/16/2017 12:27 PM:

> On 11/16/2017 08:10 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on
>> 11/15/2017 11:09 PM:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what dillinger graced us with on
>>> 11/15/2017 10:32 PM:

>>> Which page specifically? I'll give it a try however, I've added many
>>> other features like interactive music, video and even scroll
>>> controls, e.g., spacebar pauses all of them synchronously and a
>>> hamburger button to present a dropdown sidebar, most of them
>>> incorporating event handlers.
>>>
>>> Even so, Fx should display "done" status messages in kiosk mode, imo.
>>>
>> s/Fx should/Fx shouldn't/
>>
> https://codepen.io/TimPietrusky/pen/eHGfj
>
> I only push start, and it doesn't show Done!

Go to the site, press F11 (kiosk mode), press Ctrl-R for reload page. Do
you see the "Done" bubble.

On 11/17/2017 12:14 AM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what dillinger graced us with on
> 11/16/2017 12:27 PM:
>> On 11/16/2017 08:10 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what Sailfish graced us with on
>>> 11/15/2017 11:09 PM:

>>> s/Fx should/Fx shouldn't/
>>>
>> https://codepen.io/TimPietrusky/pen/eHGfj
>>
>> I only push start, and it doesn't show Done!
>>
> Go to the site, press F11 (kiosk mode), press Ctrl-R for reload page. Do
> you see the "Done" bubble.

No, no "Done" bubble, not on Fx 57 and not on Fx 58.

Re: Annoying Constant "Done" Message being dispalyed

Sailfish-4
My bloviated meandering follows what dillinger graced us with on
11/16/2017 9:53 PM:

> On 11/17/2017 12:14 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>> My bloviated meandering follows what dillinger graced us with on

>>> https://codepen.io/TimPietrusky/pen/eHGfj
>>>
>>> I only push start, and it doesn't show Done!
>>>
>> Go to the site, press F11 (kiosk mode), press Ctrl-R for reload page.
>> Do you see the "Done" bubble.
>>
> No, no "Done" bubble, not on Fx 57 and not on Fx 58.

I'm using Fx 52ESR and won't move to Fx57 due to lost extension I count on.

On 11/18/2017 09:52 PM, Sailfish wrote:

> My bloviated meandering follows what dillinger graced us with on
> 11/16/2017 9:53 PM:
>> On 11/17/2017 12:14 AM, Sailfish wrote:
>>> My bloviated meandering follows what dillinger graced us with on
>>> 11/16/2017 12:27 PM:

>>> Go to the site, press F11 (kiosk mode), press Ctrl-R for reload page.
>>> Do you see the "Done" bubble.
>>>
>> No, no "Done" bubble, not on Fx 57 and not on Fx 58.
>>
> I'm using Fx 52ESR and won't move to Fx57 due to lost extension I count on.

I retired Fx 52 7 months ago, can't test that anymore.