Quantcast

An alternate way of integrating integers

An alternate way of integrating integers

Axel Rauschmayer-2
I’ve written a proposal that sketches an alternative to Dan’s proposal. It has different pos and cons, so it’s mainly about exploring if there are other options.

Re: An alternate way of integrating integers

Alexander Jones
Not been following this, but given that JSON supports arbitrary precision *numbers* (that JS cannot decode), not just integers, my hunch is that we could/should explore this option too!

Python seems to do pretty well (right?) with integers being bignum (and, aside, all strings being Unicode, magically stored in one of several representations depending on content), can we do better in JS with all numbers being arbitrary precision? Or is it simply too much for optimizers to do well with?

Alex