Alert message

George Carden
OK, I'm LOVIN' SeaMonkey!  But I'm getting an "alert" when I first start
it up that says: "Unable to write the e-mail to the mailbox. Make sure
the file system allows you write privileges, and you have enough disk
space to copy the mailbox."

After clicking OK on the message, everything seems to be fine.  So, what
does the message mean, and how do I resolve any issue regarding it?  Is
this just a meaningless glitch?

Thanks, and thanks for SeaMonkey.  :-)

-George

Re: Alert message

Magnus-6
On 2005-12-28 13:17, George Carden wrote:
> OK, I'm LOVIN' SeaMonkey!  But I'm getting an "alert" when I first start
> it up that says: "Unable to write the e-mail to the mailbox. Make sure
> the file system allows you write privileges, and you have enough disk
> space to copy the mailbox."
>
> After clicking OK on the message, everything seems to be fine.  So, what
> does the message mean, and how do I resolve any issue regarding it?  Is
> this just a meaningless glitch?

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_write_the_email_to_the_mailbox

... but that bug should be fixed by now (at least for thunderbird)

Re: Alert message

George Carden
Magnus wrote:

> On 2005-12-28 13:17, George Carden wrote:
>> OK, I'm LOVIN' SeaMonkey!  But I'm getting an "alert" when I first
>> start it up that says: "Unable to write the e-mail to the mailbox.
>> Make sure the file system allows you write privileges, and you have
>> enough disk space to copy the mailbox."
>>
>> After clicking OK on the message, everything seems to be fine.  So,
>> what does the message mean, and how do I resolve any issue regarding
>> it?  Is this just a meaningless glitch?
>
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_write_the_email_to_the_mailbox
>
> ... but that bug should be fixed by now (at least for thunderbird)
I don't use Thunderbird.  This is happening in SeaMonkey, and it happens
every time I start the application.  However, once I check "OK," all is
well.  No big deal.

Thanks.

Re: Alert message

walt-2
George Carden wrote:
> Magnus wrote:

>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_write_the_email_to_the_mailbox
>>
>> ... but that bug should be fixed by now (at least for thunderbird)

> I don't use Thunderbird.  This is happening in SeaMonkey, and it happens
> every time I start the application...

But Seamonkey shares a lot of code with TB, so it could be the same
bug.  Do you have Seamonkey set to fetch your mail automatically
on startup?  Each separate mail account will have an option to fetch
mail at startup, so it might be interesting to disable that option
and see if the error goes away.

Re: Alert message

George Carden
walt wrote:

> George Carden wrote:
>> Magnus wrote:
>
>>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_write_the_email_to_the_mailbox
>>>
>>> ... but that bug should be fixed by now (at least for thunderbird)
>
>> I don't use Thunderbird.  This is happening in SeaMonkey, and it happens
>> every time I start the application...
>
> But Seamonkey shares a lot of code with TB, so it could be the same
> bug.  Do you have Seamonkey set to fetch your mail automatically
> on startup?  Each separate mail account will have an option to fetch
> mail at startup, so it might be interesting to disable that option
> and see if the error goes away.

Looks like that did it, Walt.  Strange.  Thanks.

Re: Alert message

walt-2
George Carden wrote:

> walt wrote:
>> George Carden wrote:

>>> I don't use Thunderbird.  This is happening in SeaMonkey, and it happens
>>> every time I start the application...
>>
>> But Seamonkey shares a lot of code with TB, so it could be the same
>> bug.  Do you have Seamonkey set to fetch your mail automatically
>> on startup?  Each separate mail account will have an option to fetch
>> mail at startup, so it might be interesting to disable that option
>> and see if the error goes away.

> Looks like that did it, Walt.  Strange.  Thanks.

But, I expect that you would get the same error message when
fetching mail for that account manually, no?

Re: Alert message

George Carden
walt wrote:

> George Carden wrote:
>> walt wrote:

>>> But Seamonkey shares a lot of code with TB, so it could be the same
>>> bug.  Do you have Seamonkey set to fetch your mail automatically
>>> on startup?  Each separate mail account will have an option to fetch
>>> mail at startup, so it might be interesting to disable that option
>>> and see if the error goes away.
>
>> Looks like that did it, Walt.  Strange.  Thanks.
>
> But, I expect that you would get the same error message when
> fetching mail for that account manually, no?

Nope.  I think it must just be that initial "jolt" of (in my case)
trying to download mail from 5 separate accounts at once.  It's
fine...checking every 10 minutes...after the initial startup.