Quantcast

Aggressive in OS advertising by Microsoft Edge

Aggressive in OS advertising by Microsoft Edge

Ansgar Koene
On this computer I use Windows 10 with Firefox set as default browser.

The icon for Microsoft's Windows 10 integrated browser 'Edge' just gave me
a pop-up saying 'Edge is safer than Firefox against malware attacks' [I
paraphrase, I closed the pop-up and don't remember the exact wording]. I
was not using Edge at the time.

Is this kind of advertising feature something that all installed software
on my computer can do in Windows 10 or is this a case of leverageing the OS
dominance to boost their web-brower adoption? Remind anyone of the 1990s
anti-trust case against Microsoft's browser bundling?

Sincerely,
Ansgar Koene

--
Ansgar Koene,
Horizon Digital Economics Research

Re: Aggressive in OS advertising by Microsoft Edge

Andy-66
It's YOURE choise on what browser you use.
Don't blame microsoft:)

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
news:[hidden email]...