Advice

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Advice

lord naasik
Thank you for all the advice regarding which built to use. indeed i have
found that 1.0beta is much stabler than 1.5a nightlies.Is it possible to
add a close button on the tabs since i have to right click everytime i
have to close a tab. netscape 8 already has this feature and i find it
really useful.
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Advice

Chris Thomas-3
lord naasik wrote:
> Thank you for all the advice regarding which built to use. indeed i have
> found that 1.0beta is much stabler than 1.5a nightlies.Is it possible to
> add a close button on the tabs since i have to right click everytime i
> have to close a tab. netscape 8 already has this feature and i find it
> really useful.

The close-tab button is at the very right of the tab bar.  You can also
close tabs by middle-clicking them (unless you're on linux, in which
case you'd need to disable the middlemouse.contentLoadURL pref first).

Chris
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Advice

Leonidas Jones
Chris Thomas wrote:

> lord naasik wrote:
>> Thank you for all the advice regarding which built to use. indeed i
>> have found that 1.0beta is much stabler than 1.5a nightlies.Is it
>> possible to add a close button on the tabs since i have to right click
>> everytime i have to close a tab. netscape 8 already has this feature
>> and i find it really useful.
>
> The close-tab button is at the very right of the tab bar.  You can also
> close tabs by middle-clicking them (unless you're on linux, in which
> case you'd need to disable the middlemouse.contentLoadURL pref first).
>
> Chris

If you are looking for a close box on each tab, the only extension I
know of that will do  it for SeaMonkey is Tabbed Browser Extensions.
Beware though, its a gigantic and confusing extension.  If all you want
is the close box, getting used to middle clicking to close a tab may be
the best solution.

Lee
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Advice

Jeff Beal
In reply to this post by Chris Thomas-3
Chris Thomas wrote:

> lord naasik wrote:
>> Thank you for all the advice regarding which built to use. indeed i
>> have found that 1.0beta is much stabler than 1.5a nightlies.Is it
>> possible to add a close button on the tabs since i have to right click
>> everytime i have to close a tab. netscape 8 already has this feature
>> and i find it really useful.
>
> The close-tab button is at the very right of the tab bar.  You can also
> close tabs by middle-clicking them (unless you're on linux, in which
> case you'd need to disable the middlemouse.contentLoadURL pref first).
>
> Chris

There's also the Ctrl+W keyboard shortcut.  None of these are what you
asked for, of course, but they're what we have.  I also think that close
buttons on individual tabs makes a little more sense.  The close button
in the tab bar isn't very obvious -- I always forget about it -- and
none of the other options have a visual cue of any kind.

--
Jeff Beal
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Advice

Stijn De Preter
In reply to this post by lord naasik
On 27/12/2005 17:24, lord naasik wrote:
> Thank you for all the advice regarding which built to use. indeed i have
> found that 1.0beta is much stabler than 1.5a nightlies.Is it possible to
> add a close button on the tabs since i have to right click everytime i
> have to close a tab. netscape 8 already has this feature and i find it
> really useful.

I'm not sure whether it works with SeaMonkey, but have a look at
http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/clav/#tabx. Another great extension is
Prefbar, at http://prefbar.mozdev.org/.
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Advice

Leonidas Jones
Stijn De Preter wrote:

> On 27/12/2005 17:24, lord naasik wrote:
>> Thank you for all the advice regarding which built to use. indeed i
>> have found that 1.0beta is much stabler than 1.5a nightlies.Is it
>> possible to add a close button on the tabs since i have to right click
>> everytime i have to close a tab. netscape 8 already has this feature
>> and i find it really useful.
>
> I'm not sure whether it works with SeaMonkey, but have a look at
> http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/clav/#tabx. Another great extension is
> Prefbar, at http://prefbar.mozdev.org/.

I'd thought of TabX, but it says Firefox only.

Lee
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Advice

Philip Chee
In reply to this post by Leonidas Jones
On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:02:41 -0500, Leonidas Jones wrote:

> If you are looking for a close box on each tab, the only extension I
> know of that will do  it for SeaMonkey is Tabbed Browser Extensions.
> Beware though, its a gigantic and confusing extension.  If all you want
> is the close box, getting used to middle clicking to close a tab may be
> the best solution.

Actually Multizilla will do that too; but in a cleverer way. If you mouse
over the tab's favicon, it turns into a [x] close box, saving space on the tab.

Phil
--
Philip Chee <[hidden email]>, <[hidden email]>
http://flashblock.mozdev.org/
Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
oh Night, and so be good for us to pass.
[ ]If it works, rip it apart and find out why!
* TagZilla 0.059
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Advice

Chris Thomas-3
In reply to this post by Jeff Beal
Jeff Beal wrote:
> I also think that close
> buttons on individual tabs makes a little more sense.
>

Having used gaim, which defaults to a close button on each tab, I think
a close button on every tab is an *awful* idea - it's way too easy to
accidentally close a tab.

Chris
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Advice

Leonidas Jones
In reply to this post by Philip Chee
Philip Chee wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 14:02:41 -0500, Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> If you are looking for a close box on each tab, the only extension I
>> know of that will do  it for SeaMonkey is Tabbed Browser Extensions.
>> Beware though, its a gigantic and confusing extension.  If all you want
>> is the close box, getting used to middle clicking to close a tab may be
>> the best solution.
>
> Actually Multizilla will do that too; but in a cleverer way. If you mouse
> over the tab's favicon, it turns into a [x] close box, saving space on the tab.
>
> Phil

I use TBE, which will add closeboxes with no problem.  However, I am
reluctant to recommend either TBE or Multi to add one function.  They
are both powerful but confusing extensions, particularly for new users.

Lee
_______________________________________________
Mozilla-seamonkey mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-seamonkey