Adding configuration option to disable closing of panes

Adding configuration option to disable closing of panes

Felix E. Klee
Could someone guide me with adding a configuration option to disable
closing of panes?

It's a usability issue:

https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Thunderbird/How-to-disable-minimization-of-panes/m-p/1388024

Adjusting the pixel distance that causes the separator to snap to the
side would also help, or disabling the snapping altogether. Ideal
would be if it was possible to specify a minimum size for a pane so
that it cannot get out of view.

Re: Adding configuration option to disable closing of panes

Felix E. Klee
The issue persists, and I repeatedly get user complaints.

Any idea for a solution?

Also, my question on support.mozilla.org is not accessible anymore.
What happened there? Did the forum's database become corrupted?

--
Dipl.-Phys. Felix E. Klee
+49.174.1386060

Re: Adding configuration option to disable closing of panes

Wayne Mery
On 8/6/2017 5:58 AM, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> The issue persists, and I repeatedly get user complaints.
>
> Any idea for a solution?
>
> Also, my question on support.mozilla.org is not accessible anymore.
> What happened there? Did the forum's database become corrupted?

Mozilla stopped using the vendor on which
https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Thunderbird/How-to-disable-minimization-of-panes/m-p/1388024
was hosted.

You might try posting again, in the current support venue.  Note, your
original newsgroup posting here is quite vague "Could someone guide me
with adding a configuration option to disable closing of panes?"

Also, you might get a better response if you describe just one issue per
posting.

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Wayne wrote:
> Mozilla stopped using the vendor on which
> https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Thunderbird/How-to-disable-minimization-of-panes/m-p/1388024
> was hosted.

Thanks for letting me know. Broken links are unprofessional, shame on
Mozilla!

Do you know if there is an archive of the postings?

Because:
> Note, your original newsgroup posting here is quite vague […]

I had things explained thoroughly in my posting to
support.mozilla.org, possibly also with screenshots.

On 8/8/2017 12:43 PM, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Wayne wrote:
>> Mozilla stopped using the vendor on which
>> https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Thunderbird/How-to-disable-minimization-of-panes/m-p/1388024
>> was hosted.
> Thanks for letting me know. Broken links are unprofessional, shame on
> Mozilla!
>
> Do you know if there is an archive of the postings?

no