Add column "CC-List" to search result page (buglist.cgi)

Add column "CC-List" to search result page (buglist.cgi)

Frank Blumensatt
Hello,

how can I make bugzilla show also the cc-list in a search result?

Thank you in advance,

kind regards,

Frank

RE: Add column "CC-List" to search result page (buglist.cgi)

Tosh, Michael J
You'd have to
1) add a DefineColumn to buglist.cgi for the field name
    DefineColumn("cc","GROUP_CONCAT(map_cc_users.login_name SEPARATOR ',
') AS cc","CC")

2) then Add the join statement to Bugzilla/Search.cgi for linking the cc
table to the profiles table

    if (grep($_ =~/AS cc$/, @$fieldsref)) {
        push @supptables, "LEFT JOIN cc AS map_cc " .
                          "ON bugs.bug_id = map_cc.bug_id" .
                          "LEFT JOIN profiles AS map_cc_users" .
                          "ON map_cc.who = map_cc_users.userid";
    }

3) Make sure you use MySQL.  Or get the GROUP_CONCAT addin for postgre.
Saw that somewhere, but can't find it any more.

Just did this for dependencies, so it was fresh on my mind.

Re: Add column "CC-List" to search result page (buglist.cgi)

Frank Blumensatt
Hi Tosh,

I've just tried this, but nothing of cc is displayed in the buglist. I am using
MySQL, so I can ignore your third ToDo.

When I print out $_ before your "if", nothing like "AS cc" is printed.

Also "CC" is not (de-)selectable in the "Change Columns"-Section.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

kind regards,

Frank

Tosh, Michael J schrieb:

> You'd have to
> 1) add a DefineColumn to buglist.cgi for the field name
>     DefineColumn("cc","GROUP_CONCAT(map_cc_users.login_name SEPARATOR ',
> ') AS cc","CC")
>
> 2) then Add the join statement to Bugzilla/Search.cgi for linking the cc
> table to the profiles table
>
>     if (grep($_ =~/AS cc$/, @$fieldsref)) {
>         push @supptables, "LEFT JOIN cc AS map_cc " .
>                           "ON bugs.bug_id = map_cc.bug_id" .
>                           "LEFT JOIN profiles AS map_cc_users" .
>                           "ON map_cc.who = map_cc_users.userid";
>     }
>
> 3) Make sure you use MySQL.  Or get the GROUP_CONCAT addin for postgre.
> Saw that somewhere, but can't find it any more.
>
> Just did this for dependencies, so it was fresh on my mind.

OH!  One last piece that I forgot.  You have to add cc to the
@masterlist definition in colchange.cgi.

Then you can add that field from the "Change Columns" link in the
buglist.  I forgot that because I just specify special fields using the
&columnlist=<fields,...> parameter in the url.  You can also add the
&debug=1 to the URL to see what SQL is being run.

Tosh, Michael J schrieb:
> You'd have to
> 1) add a DefineColumn to buglist.cgi for the field name
>     DefineColumn("cc","GROUP_CONCAT(map_cc_users.login_name SEPARATOR
',
> ') AS cc","CC")
>
> 2) then Add the join statement to Bugzilla/Search.cgi for linking the
cc

> table to the profiles table
>
>     if (grep($_ =~/AS cc$/, @$fieldsref)) {
>         push @supptables, "LEFT JOIN cc AS map_cc " .
>                           "ON bugs.bug_id = map_cc.bug_id" .
>                           "LEFT JOIN profiles AS map_cc_users" .
>                           "ON map_cc.who = map_cc_users.userid";
>     }
>
> 3) Make sure you use MySQL.  Or get the GROUP_CONCAT addin for
postgre.

> Saw that somewhere, but can't find it any more.
>
> Just did this for dependencies, so it was fresh on my mind.

Great work,

but a small error has been in the statement. Correctly it has to be like:

    if (grep($_ =~/AS cc$/, @$fieldsref)) {
        push @supptables, "LEFT JOIN cc AS map_cc " .
                          "ON bugs.bug_id = map_cc.bug_id) " .
                          "LEFT JOIN profiles AS map_cc_users " .
                          "ON (map_cc.who = map_cc_users.userid";
    }

Two brackets where missing so there was an sql-syntex-error.

Thank you, Michael,

kind regards,

Frank

Tosh, Michael J schrieb:

> OH!  One last piece that I forgot.  You have to add cc to the
> @masterlist definition in colchange.cgi.
>
> Then you can add that field from the "Change Columns" link in the
> buglist.  I forgot that because I just specify special fields using the
> &columnlist=<fields,...> parameter in the url.  You can also add the
> &debug=1 to the URL to see what SQL is being run.

Hi Michael,

there has to be another bug in the SQL statement. When I search for all open
bugs in a certain product with the simple search "Find a Specific Bug" some bugs
are listed with the whole cc-list a few (not fixed) times. So on some bugs the
cc-list is repeated up to five or six times.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

kind regards,

Frank

[hidden email] schrieb:

> Great work,
>
> but a small error has been in the statement. Correctly it has to be like:
>
>     if (grep($_ =~/AS cc$/, @$fieldsref)) {
>         push @supptables, "LEFT JOIN cc AS map_cc " .
>                           "ON bugs.bug_id = map_cc.bug_id) " .
>                           "LEFT JOIN profiles AS map_cc_users " .
>                           "ON (map_cc.who = map_cc_users.userid";
>     }
>
> Two brackets where missing so there was an sql-syntex-error.
>
> Thank you, Michael,
>
> kind regards,
>
> Frank
>

> Tosh, Michael J schrieb:
>> OH!  One last piece that I forgot.  You have to add cc to the
>> @masterlist definition in colchange.cgi.
>>
>> Then you can add that field from the "Change Columns" link in the
>> buglist.  I forgot that because I just specify special fields using the
>> &columnlist=<fields,...> parameter in the url.  You can also add the
>> &debug=1 to the URL to see what SQL is being run.

Add &debug=1 to your URL.  You will see the SQL that is being run.  Try
to run that against your database as it is displayed, and you will see
the data returned.

My query ran fine without the parenthesis, so I would start there.

[hidden email] schrieb:
> Great work,
>
> but a small error has been in the statement. Correctly it has to be
like:

>     if (grep($_ =~/AS cc$/, @$fieldsref)) {
>         push @supptables, "LEFT JOIN cc AS map_cc " .
>                           "ON bugs.bug_id = map_cc.bug_id) " .
>                           "LEFT JOIN profiles AS map_cc_users " .
>                           "ON (map_cc.who = map_cc_users.userid";
>     }
>
> Two brackets where missing so there was an sql-syntex-error.
>
> Thank you, Michael,
>
> kind regards,
>
> Frank
>

> Tosh, Michael J schrieb:
>> OH!  One last piece that I forgot.  You have to add cc to the
>> @masterlist definition in colchange.cgi.
>>
>> Then you can add that field from the "Change Columns" link in the
>> buglist.  I forgot that because I just specify special fields using
the

>> &columnlist=<fields,...> parameter in the url.  You can also add the
>> &debug=1 to the URL to see what SQL is being run.

Hello Michael,

even after adding &debug=1 to my URL, I can't see any bugs in the statement. It
only returns wrong values when running the simple search. The "Advanced Search"
returns correct values and doesn't repeat the cc-list of some bugs for several
times.

I remember you told me, that you run your query for the dependencies and not for
cc. Could you please test this with cc in simple search "Find a Specific Bug"
and with Status=Open, Product=All and Words "test" (or any other word, which is
listed in a few bugs)? Please consider the correction of the sql-query I have
told you before in this thread.

Thank you in advance,

kind regards,

Frank

Tosh, Michael J schrieb:
> Add &debug=1 to your URL.  You will see the SQL that is being run.  Try
> to run that against your database as it is displayed, and you will see
> the data returned.
>
> My query ran fine without the parenthesis, so I would start there.

Re: Add column "CC-List" to search result page (buglist.cgi)

Frank Blumensatt
Hello Michael,

please take a look at my mail below.

Thank you in advance,

kind regards,

Frank

[hidden email] schrieb:

> Hello Michael,
>
> even after adding &debug=1 to my URL, I can't see any bugs in the statement. It
> only returns wrong values when running the simple search. The "Advanced Search"
> returns correct values and doesn't repeat the cc-list of some bugs for several
> times.
>
> I remember you told me, that you run your query for the dependencies and not for
> cc. Could you please test this with cc in simple search "Find a Specific Bug"
> and with Status=Open, Product=All and Words "test" (or any other word, which is
> listed in a few bugs)? Please consider the correction of the sql-query I have
> told you before in this thread.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> kind regards,
>
> Frank
>

> Tosh, Michael J schrieb:
>> Add &debug=1 to your URL.  You will see the SQL that is being run.  Try
>> to run that against your database as it is displayed, and you will see
>> the data returned.
>>
>> My query ran fine without the parenthesis, so I would start there.

RE: Add column "CC-List" to search result page (buglist.cgi)

Tosh, Michael J
TO CATCH THE LIST UP, Frank and I have been working on an issue using
GROUP_CONCAT (MySQL only) to display CC_LIST, Depends On, or Blocks
which causes the field contents to be duplicated for each row in the
longdescs table (comments) when you search using the 'Find a specific
issue' search type, but doesn't have an issue with the Advanced search.

Below is the answer.

Add a DISTINCT around the field within the GROUP_CONCAT.  I'm assuming
it is because they do an innerjoin on longdescs, which creates a bug row
for every comment in each issue.

Change:
GROUP_CONCAT(map_<field>.<field>
To:
GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT(map_<field>.<field>)

Hope this helps,
Tosh

RE: Add column "CC-List" to search result page (buglist.cgi)

Benton, Kevin
Sorry guys - this is just a test.  Please ignore this message.  (Fixing
Outlook rules)

Kevin

RE: Add column "CC-List" to search result page (buglist.cgi)

Benton, Kevin
Sorry all - last test (I promise! :-)

Kevin

Kevin Benton
MySQL DBA #5739
Senior Software Developer
CAD Global Infrastructure Flow Services
Advanced Micro Devices
2950 E Harmony Rd
Fort Collins, CO  80528

The opinions stated in this communication do not necessarily reflect the
view of Advanced Micro Devices and have not been reviewed by management.
This communication may contain sensitive and/or confidential and/or
proprietary information.  Distribution of such information is strictly
prohibited without prior consent of Advanced Micro Devices.  This
communication is for the intended recipient(s) only.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender, then
destroy any remaining copies of this communication.

Dave Miller
Hmm, cool!  Now that this is actually easily doable, do we have a patch
somewhere on bugzilla.mozilla.org to get this upstream?  I assume they'd
be off by default but having them available as choices is sure to make a
few people happy. :)

--
Dave Miller                                   http://www.justdave.net/
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation      http://www.mozilla.com/

Re: Add column "CC-List" to search result page (buglist.cgi)

Max Kanat-Alexander
On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 00:28:15 -0500 David Miller <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> Hmm, cool!  Now that this is actually easily doable, do we have a
> patch somewhere on bugzilla.mozilla.org to get this upstream?  I
> assume they'd be off by default but having them available as choices
> is sure to make a few people happy. :)

        Because of multi-select fields, I've been looking into ways of
doing it. Jesse Clark at NASA might be able to find something out about
it--he has a patch that does this for multi-select fields, and it'd be
easy to extend it to our normal, built-in fields.

        The problem is that GROUP_CONCAT isn't ANSI SQL.

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.

Max Kanat-Alexander wrote on 12/5/07 2:19 AM:
> On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 00:28:15 -0500 David Miller <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> Hmm, cool!  Now that this is actually easily doable, do we have a
>> patch somewhere on bugzilla.mozilla.org to get this upstream?  I
>> assume they'd be off by default but having them available as choices
>> is sure to make a few people happy. :)
>
> The problem is that GROUP_CONCAT isn't ANSI SQL.

Ah, that would throw a damper on things with trying to keep everything
cross-DB compatible.

--
Dave Miller                                   http://www.justdave.net/
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation      http://www.mozilla.com/
Project Leader, Bugzilla Bug Tracking System  http://www.bugzilla.org/

Re: Add column "CC-List" to search result page (buglist.cgi)

Max Kanat-Alexander
On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 02:38:44 -0500 David Miller <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> Ah, that would throw a damper on things with trying to keep everything
> cross-DB compatible.

        Yeah. My long-term plan is to have Search.pm return Bug
objects, and then we can just call methods on them to display whatever
we want. :-) Since it'd be progressively rendered by the browser (all
of the method calls would happen from the template), I think it would
have a good perceived speed. I think that's what they did at Yahoo.

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.

RE: Add column "CC-List" to search result page (buglist.cgi)

Tosh, Michael J
There was a GROUP_CONCAT addon for Postgre I had found somewhere that
could be considered for a pre-req if people really wanted this.  I
prefer to stick with MySQL myself.

wrote:
> Ah, that would throw a damper on things with trying to keep everything
> cross-DB compatible.

        Yeah. My long-term plan is to have Search.pm return Bug
objects, and then we can just call methods on them to display whatever
we want. :-) Since it'd be progressively rendered by the browser (all
of the method calls would happen from the template), I think it would
have a good perceived speed. I think that's what they did at Yahoo.

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla and Perl Services. Everything Else, too.

RE: Add column "CC-List" to search result page (buglist.cgi)

Tosh, Michael J
1) Add a DefineColumn definition for your column in buglist.cgi  (Due to
some difference with the way the CONTENT field is generated, you need a
DISTINCT around the field within the GROUP_CONCAT)

DefineColumn("dependson",
   "GROUP_CONCAT(DISTINCT(map_dependson.dependson)
    ORDER BY map_dependson.dependson SEPARATOR ', ') AS dependson",
   "Depends On");

2) Add the column to the @masterlist definition in colchange.cgi

    push(@masterlist, "dependson");

3) Add a table mapping in Bugzilla/Search.pm for your column.

    if (grep($_ =~/AS dependson$/, @$fieldsref)) {
        push @supptables, "LEFT JOIN dependencies AS map_dependson " .
                          "ON bugs.bug_id = map_dependson.blocked";
    }

Again, this ONLY works if you have MySQL (or Postgre with the MySQL
Compatibility Functions addon:
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/mysqlcompat/)  If someone can point me to
any open issues that this would fix, I'd gladly submit this package
there.

Thanks,
Tosh

Hmm, cool!  Now that this is actually easily doable, do we have a patch
somewhere on bugzilla.mozilla.org to get this upstream?  I assume they'd
be off by default but having them available as choices is sure to make a
few people happy. :)

Tosh, Michael J wrote on 12/4/07 9:56 AM:
> TO CATCH THE LIST UP, Frank and I have been working on an issue using
> GROUP_CONCAT (MySQL only) to display CC_LIST, Depends On, or Blocks
> which causes the field contents to be duplicated for each row in the
> longdescs table (comments) when you search using the 'Find a specific
> issue' search type, but doesn't have an issue with the Advanced
search.

> Below is the answer.

> Add a DISTINCT around the field within the GROUP_CONCAT.  I'm assuming
> it is because they do an innerjoin on longdescs, which creates a bug
row
> for every comment in each issue.

--
Dave Miller                                   http://www.justdave.net/
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation      http://www.mozilla.com/
Project Leader, Bugzilla Bug Tracking System  http://www.bugzilla.org/

Re: Add column "CC-List" to search result page (buglist.cgi)

Marc Schumann
Max,

2007/12/5, Max Kanat-Alexander <[hidden email]>:
> we want. :-) Since it'd be progressively rendered by the browser (all
> of the method calls would happen from the template), I think it would
> have a good perceived speed. I think that's what they did at Yahoo.

I seem to remember that the template's output is being sent to the
browser only after being completely built... Can you confirm this
isn't so?

   Regards
      Marc

Re: Add column "CC-List" to search result page (buglist.cgi)

Max Kanat-Alexander
On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 18:12:03 +0100 "Marc Schumann" <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> I seem to remember that the template's output is being sent to the
> browser only after being completely built... Can you confirm this
> isn't so?

        It's *compiled* before, but for example, do a mass-change and
watch it progressively render as it sends emails. (The email sending
code is called from the template itself.) So I'm pretty sure it does
output progressively.

        -Max