Add-Ons Still Missing Even After Installing Firefox v. 66.0.4

Add-Ons Still Missing Even After Installing Firefox v. 66.0.4

tb-7
I am using Windows 10 (64-bit) with Firefox 66.0.4 (64-bit).

Even after Firefox automatically installed v. 66.0.4 my add-ons are
still not visible in the top toolbar.

When Firefox 66.0.4 was installed my add-ons showed up.  However, upon
closing Firefox and restarting it, they disappeared again!

If somebody has run into this problem and found a good answer/solution
as to the cause, please post.

Thanks.
--
tb

Re: Add-Ons Still Missing Even After Installing Firefox v. 66.0.4

Mozilla - General mailing list
tb wrote:

> I am using Windows 10 (64-bit) with Firefox 66.0.4 (64-bit).
>
> Even after Firefox automatically installed v. 66.0.4 my add-ons are
> still not visible in the top toolbar.
>
> When Firefox 66.0.4 was installed my add-ons showed up.  However, upon
> closing Firefox and restarting it, they disappeared again!
>
> If somebody has run into this problem and found a good answer/solution
> as to the cause, please post.
>
> Thanks.

Install 67.0b16 everything fine here.

Re: Add-Ons Still Missing Even After Installing Firefox v. 66.0.4

WaltS48-9
On 5/6/19 1:05 PM, tb wrote:

> I am using Windows 10 (64-bit) with Firefox 66.0.4 (64-bit).
>
> Even after Firefox automatically installed v. 66.0.4 my add-ons are
> still not visible in the top toolbar.
>
> When Firefox 66.0.4 was installed my add-ons showed up.  However, upon
> closing Firefox and restarting it, they disappeared again!
>
> If somebody has run into this problem and found a good answer/solution
> as to the cause, please post.
>
> Thanks.

Did you file a bug report on Bugzilla or look to see if one was filed?

--
OS: Linux Mint 19.1 - Cinnamon Desktop

On 5/6/19 12:05 PM, tb wrote:

> I am using Windows 10 (64-bit) with Firefox 66.0.4 (64-bit).
>
> Even after Firefox automatically installed v. 66.0.4 my add-ons are
> still not visible in the top toolbar.
>
> When Firefox 66.0.4 was installed my add-ons showed up.  However, upon
> closing Firefox and restarting it, they disappeared again!
>
> If somebody has run into this problem and found a good answer/solution
> as to the cause, please post.
>
> Thanks.

I think that I have solved the problem...

I took Good Guy's advice and turned xpinstall.signatures.required to
"false" and then rebooted Firefox.  All my add-ons were back.

I then turned xpinstall.signatures.required back to "true" and rebooted.
  All my add-ons were still there.

So the problem seems to be fixed.

On 5/7/19 7:47 AM, tb wrote:

> On 5/6/19 12:05 PM, tb wrote:
>> I am using Windows 10 (64-bit) with Firefox 66.0.4 (64-bit).
>>
>> Even after Firefox automatically installed v. 66.0.4 my add-ons are
>> still not visible in the top toolbar.
>>
>> When Firefox 66.0.4 was installed my add-ons showed up.  However, upon
>> closing Firefox and restarting it, they disappeared again!
>>
>> If somebody has run into this problem and found a good answer/solution
>> as to the cause, please post.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> I think that I have solved the problem...
>
> I took Good Guy's advice and turned xpinstall.signatures.required to
> "false" and then rebooted Firefox.  All my add-ons were back.
>
> I then turned xpinstall.signatures.required back to "true" and rebooted.
>   All my add-ons were still there.
>
> So the problem seems to be fixed.

Always read the Release Notes for Unresolved Issues.

<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/66.0.4/releasenotes/>

On 5/6/19 1:05 PM, tb wrote:

> I am using Windows 10 (64-bit) with Firefox 66.0.4 (64-bit).
>
> Even after Firefox automatically installed v. 66.0.4 my add-ons are
> still not visible in the top toolbar.
>
> When Firefox 66.0.4 was installed my add-ons showed up.  However, upon
> closing Firefox and restarting it, they disappeared again!
>
> If somebody has run into this problem and found a good answer/solution
> as to the cause, please post.
>
> Thanks.

Looks like a 66.0.5 is in the pipeline.

<https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-release/rev/9f5ef4daac93>