Accessing number of active threads

Dave Hunt-3
Is there a way to get the number of active threads in Firefox? We'd like
to track this metric in the Endurance Tests[1].

[1] https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Mozmill_Test_Automation/Endurance_Tests

Cheers,
Dave

Re: Accessing number of active threads

Millwood
Dave Hunt wrote:
> Is there a way to get the number of active threads in Firefox? We'd like
> to track this metric in the Endurance Tests[1].
>
> [1] https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Mozmill_Test_Automation/Endurance_Tests
>
> Cheers,
> Dave
I expect you mean inside firefox.  Outside, pslist can be used to get
the info.

Re: Accessing number of active threads

Dave Hunt-3
Yes, I mean the number of threads Firefox is using. This is for a
Mozmill test.

Dave.

Dave Hunt wrote:

> Yes, I mean the number of threads Firefox is using. This is for a
> Mozmill test.
>
> Dave.
>
> On 15/07/2011 16:53, Millwood wrote:
>> Dave Hunt wrote:
>>> Is there a way to get the number of active threads in Firefox? We'd like
>>> to track this metric in the Endurance Tests[1].
>>>
>>> [1] https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Mozmill_Test_Automation/Endurance_Tests
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Dave
>> I expect you mean inside firefox. Outside, pslist can be used to get the
>> info.
I wasn't clear.  The pslist program from Microsoft will provide the
number of theads any process is using.  But you have to run it and
process it's output.  This doesn't help if you want to run the monitor
inside firefox and have a javascript call to get the facts.