Accessing a remote calendar

Bruno Bossola
Hi to all,

     I'm trying to access a remote calendar using
Thunderbird1.5+Calendar (experimental) or SunBird, and I'm having
problem with the former. While SunBird asks me for authentication, and
correctly loads the remote calendar, Thunderbird gives up wit this error:

[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x804a0107
[calIICSService.parseICS]"  nsresult: "0x804a0107 (<unknown>)"
location: "JS
frame ::
file:///.../calICSCalendar.js
:: anonymous :: line 194"  data: no]

The ics file is correct (I got it from the URL using wget). I tried to
debug the javascript, it seems to me that parseICS() function is called
*before* reading of the stream is over.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

     Bruno.

Re: Accessing a remote calendar

Rod Whiteley
On 05/04/2006 11:21, Bruno Bossola wrote:
> ...Thunderbird gives up wit this error...

I guess you are trying to use FTP.  Thunderbird does not have FTP
support, and Calendar does not provide its own.

--
Rod Whiteley

Rod Whiteley ha scritto:
> On 05/04/2006 11:21, Bruno Bossola wrote:
>> ...Thunderbird gives up wit this error...
>
> I guess you are trying to use FTP.  Thunderbird does not have FTP
> support, and Calendar does not provide its own.

No, I'm using http. Anyway, this is my URL:
http://servername/zidestore/bossola/Calendar/calendar.ics

I can download wgetting that URL (using authentication, of course).
Sunbird asks me for authentication, and works. Thunderbird+Cal doesn't
ask me anyhing, it simply shows me that error

Bye,

     Bruno.

Re: Accessing a remote calendar

Michiel van Leeuwen
Bruno Bossola wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
>     I'm trying to access a remote calendar using Thunderbird1.5+Calendar
> (experimental) or SunBird, and I'm having problem with the former. While

DO you mean you are using lighting in thunderbird? If so, which version?
If not, what exactly are you using?
The error sounds like something that's fixed in nightly builds, but I'm
not sure if the fix made it into lightning0.1. Might be worth it to try
a recent build.

Michiel

Michiel van Leeuwen ha scritto:

> DO you mean you are using lighting in thunderbird? If so, which version?

I'm using Calendar for Thunderbird, this version:
2006012105-cal

I'm gonna try a nightly build, I'll keep you informed
Thanks,

     Bruno.

Re: Accessing a remote calendar

Bruno Bossola
I did more testing and it seems that this is a problem of my
installation of Thunderbird, as a fresh install of Thunderbird
1.5+Calendar on another machine works well.

Do you have any advice to solve the problem? If I reintall Thunderbird,
will be my settings preserved? And is it possible to do a backup before
that operation?

Thanks in advance,

     Bruno.