Quantcast

Accessibility of the items in the message filters list in Thunderbird

Accessibility of the items in the message filters list in Thunderbird

abdel792
Hello,

I just registered to your list.

I am a blind user of Thunderbird.

When I am on the list of message filters, with JAWS or NVDA, the checked
/ unchecked status of items representing message filters is not accessible.

I would like, with your help, to help correct this inconvenience by
creating an extension for Thunderbird.

Could you help me?

I am a beginner in creating extensions.

I've already posted the problem on the dev-accessibility list, but I've
not yet received a response.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards.

Re: Accessibility of the items in the message filters list in Thunderbird

R Kent James
The most helpful thing that you could do, if you are able, is to present
suggested changes to the message filter code that would improve the
accessibility. Although you could do that in an extension, it would be
better to do it in the core code, and that would not require you to know
anything about extensions. But you would have to know how accessibility
is added to HTML and XUL.

That is, file a bug and submit a patch for review.

:rkent

Re: Accessibility of the items in the message filters list in Thunderbird

Wayne Mery
FWIW, https://mzl.la/2jSADSe are current filed bug reports for filter
accessibility.