Quantcast

About problems with Translation Memory

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

About problems with Translation Memory

Leandro Regueiro
Hi everybody,
As you might know (or not) we maintain a free translation memory
service called amaGama. This server provides free and reusable
translation results and is used by hundreds of Pootle servers, Pontoon
and several other translation platforms and translation programs.

We are currently doing some maintenance tasks on amaGama server,
including renewing the certificate, and because of amaGama being down
all these other tools and platforms are not providing the translators
with translation matches. We expect amaGama to be back up soon and to
continue to provide this valuable service for thousands of translators
across the Internet.


Our most sincere apologies for all the inconveniences.


Thanks for your patience
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: About problems with Translation Memory

Matjaz Horvat-2
Thanks for the update, Leandro!

Just a small clarification: Pontoon actually still provides matches
from translations of Mozilla projects, Microsoft projects and Machine
Translation. The only missing bit are amaGama translations, which come
from other (open source) projects.

-Matjaž

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 2:58 PM, Leandro Regueiro
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> As you might know (or not) we maintain a free translation memory
> service called amaGama. This server provides free and reusable
> translation results and is used by hundreds of Pootle servers, Pontoon
> and several other translation platforms and translation programs.
>
> We are currently doing some maintenance tasks on amaGama server,
> including renewing the certificate, and because of amaGama being down
> all these other tools and platforms are not providing the translators
> with translation matches. We expect amaGama to be back up soon and to
> continue to provide this valuable service for thousands of translators
> across the Internet.
>
>
> Our most sincere apologies for all the inconveniences.
>
>
> Thanks for your patience
> _______________________________________________
> dev-l10n mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: About problems with Translation Memory

Leandro Regueiro
In reply to this post by Leandro Regueiro
On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Belkacem Mohammed <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi landero,
>
> I did never heard about that!!!
> Is a  translation made on LibreOffice will be suggested on Mozilla Pootle?
>
> Wich solutions is using Pootle excemt Mozilla, LibreOffice, OpenOffice and
> those on your own server?

Hi Belkacem Mohammed,
amaGama has been loaded time ago with translations from several FOSS
projects, including Mozilla, LibreOffice and a lot more. But it is not
automatically updated with translations sent from Pootle servers using
amaGama (think of enterprise Pootle users not wanting to share their
translations).

This means that if you translate now something in Mozilla's Pootle it
won't be available in other Pootle servers (for example LibreOffice),
nor in Pontoon.

Also note that Pootle has another local TM server (still active) that
allows to reuse translations done in the very same Pootle and also
provides machine translation services (still active) along local TM
(still active) and amaGama remote TM (disabled because server is on
maintenance).

Let me know if this answers your questions.


Thanks

> Thank you
>
> 2017-05-18 13:58 GMT+01:00 Leandro Regueiro <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi everybody,
>> As you might know (or not) we maintain a free translation memory
>> service called amaGama. This server provides free and reusable
>> translation results and is used by hundreds of Pootle servers, Pontoon
>> and several other translation platforms and translation programs.
>>
>> We are currently doing some maintenance tasks on amaGama server,
>> including renewing the certificate, and because of amaGama being down
>> all these other tools and platforms are not providing the translators
>> with translation matches. We expect amaGama to be back up soon and to
>> continue to provide this valuable service for thousands of translators
>> across the Internet.
>>
>>
>> Our most sincere apologies for all the inconveniences.
>>
>>
>> Thanks for your patience
>> _______________________________________________
>> dev-l10n mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
>
>
>
>
> --
> M. Belkacem
> Ingénieur Systèmes informatiques ESI (Ex INI)
> Consultant technico-fonctionnel  Odoo-
>
> Tel :  00213555044419
> mail : [hidden email], [hidden email]
> Skype :  belkacem.mohammed3
>
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: About problems with Translation Memory

Leandro Regueiro
On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 4:01 PM, Leandro Regueiro
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Belkacem Mohammed <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi landero,
>>
>> I did never heard about that!!!
>> Is a  translation made on LibreOffice will be suggested on Mozilla Pootle?
>>
>> Wich solutions is using Pootle excemt Mozilla, LibreOffice, OpenOffice and
>> those on your own server?
>
> Hi Belkacem Mohammed,
> amaGama has been loaded time ago with translations from several FOSS
> projects, including Mozilla, LibreOffice and a lot more. But it is not
> automatically updated with translations sent from Pootle servers using
> amaGama (think of enterprise Pootle users not wanting to share their
> translations).
>
> This means that if you translate now something in Mozilla's Pootle it
> won't be available in other Pootle servers (for example LibreOffice),
> nor in Pontoon.
>
> Also note that Pootle has another local TM server (still active) that
> allows to reuse translations done in the very same Pootle and also
> provides machine translation services (still active) along local TM
> (still active) and amaGama remote TM (disabled because server is on
> maintenance).
>
> Let me know if this answers your questions.

Hi everybody,
amaGama server is back online. We will enable it in Pootle this
afternoon along with some other fixes. I hope you can live without it
for a few more hours.


Thanks

>> Thank you
>>
>> 2017-05-18 13:58 GMT+01:00 Leandro Regueiro <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Hi everybody,
>>> As you might know (or not) we maintain a free translation memory
>>> service called amaGama. This server provides free and reusable
>>> translation results and is used by hundreds of Pootle servers, Pontoon
>>> and several other translation platforms and translation programs.
>>>
>>> We are currently doing some maintenance tasks on amaGama server,
>>> including renewing the certificate, and because of amaGama being down
>>> all these other tools and platforms are not providing the translators
>>> with translation matches. We expect amaGama to be back up soon and to
>>> continue to provide this valuable service for thousands of translators
>>> across the Internet.
>>>
>>>
>>> Our most sincere apologies for all the inconveniences.
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks for your patience
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> dev-l10n mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> M. Belkacem
>> Ingénieur Systèmes informatiques ESI (Ex INI)
>> Consultant technico-fonctionnel  Odoo-
>>
>> Tel :  00213555044419
>> mail : [hidden email], [hidden email]
>> Skype :  belkacem.mohammed3
>>
_______________________________________________
dev-l10n mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-l10n
Loading...