Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Frank Hecker
I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this week.
Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!

Frank

P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards,
including a list of past winners, at

http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

Re: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

David Bolter
Thanks Frank, that made my day.

Congratulations Aaron!  You already get a lot of accolades from your
peers but it is great to hear you are been awarded in a more public
manner. Awesome.

cheers,
David

Frank Hecker wrote:

> I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this week.
> Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
> Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
> five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
> and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
> please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!
>
> Frank
>
> P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards,
> including a list of past winners, at
>
> http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

T.V Raman

Congratulations to Aaron!

Frank Hecker writes:
 > I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this week.
 > Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
 > Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
 > five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
 > and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
 > please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!
 >
 > Frank
 >
 > P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards,
 > including a list of past winners, at
 >
 > http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

Best Regards,
--raman

Title:  Research Scientist
Email:  [hidden email]
WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
Google: tv+raman
GTalk:  [hidden email], [hidden email]
PGP:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/raman-almaden.asc

Re: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Charles Chen-2
Congrats!

-Charles

> I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this week.
> Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
> Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
> five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
> and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
> please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!
>
> Frank
>
> P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards,
> including a list of past winners, at
>
> http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

RE: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Pratik Patel-3
Congrats Aaron.  Great job needs public recognition from time to time.

Pratik

> I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this week.
> Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
> Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
> five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
> and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
> please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!
>
> Frank
>
> P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards,
> including a list of past winners, at
>
> http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

Re: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Srinivas Annam
Congratulations Aaron!

On 7/25/07, Frank Hecker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this week.
> Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
> Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
> five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
> and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
> please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!
>
> Frank
>
> P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards,
> including a list of past winners, at
>
> http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

Re: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Tim Keenan
Recognition richly deserved.  Congrats, Aaron!

Frank Hecker wrote:

> I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this week.
> Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
> Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
> five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
> and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
> please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!
>
> Frank
>
> P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards,
> including a list of past winners, at
>
> http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

Re: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Tim Miao
Congratulations!
-Tim
On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 10:57 -0400, Frank Hecker wrote:

> I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this week.
> Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
> Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
> five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
> and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
> please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!
>
> Frank
>
> P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards,
> including a list of past winners, at
>
> http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

Re: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Ginn Chen
Congratulations!

Ginn

On Jul 25, 2007, at 10:57 PM, Frank Hecker wrote:

> I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this
> week.
> Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
> Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was
> one of
> five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting
> web
> and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly
> deserved;
> please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!
>
> Frank
>
> P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source
> Awards,
> including a list of past winners, at
>
> http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

--------
Ginn Chen
Software Engineer, Browser Team
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Phone: x82869 / +86-10-62673869
Fax: +86-10-62780969

Re: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Steve Lee-3
Brilliant!
Well deserved Aaron.

--
Steve Lee
--

On 25/07/07, Frank Hecker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this week.
> Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
> Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
> five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
> and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
> please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!
>
> Frank
>
> P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards,
> including a list of past winners, at
>
> http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

Re: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Steve Lee-3
And here's more info on O'Reilly Radar

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/07/oscon_open_sour_1.html

On 26/07/07, Steve Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Brilliant!
> Well deserved Aaron.
>
> --
> Steve Lee
> --
> Open Source Assistive Technology Software
> PowerTalk - your presentations can speak for themselves
> www.fullmeasure.co.uk
>

> On 25/07/07, Frank Hecker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this week.
> > Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
> > Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
> > five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
> > and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
> > please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!
> >
> > Frank
> >
> > P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards,
> > including a list of past winners, at
> >
> > http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

Steve Lee
--
Open Source Assistive Technology Software
PowerTalk - your presentations can speak for themselves
www.fullmeasure.co.uk

Re: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Alexander Surkov
On 25    , 23:57, Frank Hecker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this week.
> Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
> Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
> five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
> and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
> please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!
>
> Frank
>
> P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards,
> including a list of past winners, at
>
> http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

I am joining. Congratulation!

Re: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Gez Lemon
On Jul 25, 3:57 pm, Frank Hecker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
> Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
> five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
> and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
> please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!

Congratulations, Aaron. I agree with Frank; it's well-deserved.

Gez

Re: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Evan Yan
Congratulations!

-Evan

Frank Hecker wrote:

> I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this week.
> Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
> Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
> five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
> and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
> please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!
>
> Frank
>
> P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards,
> including a list of past winners, at
>
> http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

Re: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Willie Walker
Congrats Aaron!  Good stuff.  In my small part of the world (Orca), we
definitely see the impact of your contributions.  Thanks!

Will

> On 25    , 23:57, Frank Hecker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this week.
> > Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
> > Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
> > five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
> > and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
> > please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!
> >
> > Frank
> >
> > P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards,
> > including a list of past winners, at
> >
> > http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

Re: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Aaron Leventhal-3
Thank you I am so honored!

It hasn't stopped getting better since I began working on Mozilla -- thank you
to the Mozilla Foundation and IBM for making this such a great opportunity. I
also want to recognize the many great people in the world of accessibility who
loved sharing their knowledge with me and got me started -- people like Caryn
Navy and David Holladay.

This is just the beginning for open source accessibility. This community will
move mountains. I'm blessed to work with all of you.

- Aaron

P.S. --- I really owe it all to my mother who found my first job in
accessibility, working on Braille software :) ... My future wife Angelika wrote
the first review of that software (I didn't even know her yet). Fortunately it
was a positive review!

Frank Hecker wrote:

> I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this week.
> Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
> Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
> five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
> and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
> please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!
>
> Frank
>
> P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards,
> including a list of past winners, at
>
> http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

Re: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

mozilla accessibility
 Thank you Aaron. You are, and have done a hugely great thing for the
blindness and disability communities. This means a lot to many many people.

-- Rich Caloggero

Frank Hecker wrote:

> I'm attending the O'Reilly Open Source Conference in Portland this week.
> Last night was the announcement of the winners of the Google-O'Reilly
> Open Source Awards, and I'm happy to say that Aaron Leventhal was one of
> five winners, in recognition of his long-standing work in promoting web
> and open source accessibility. Rarely was an award more richly deserved;
> please join me in congratulating Aaron on this honor!
>
> Frank
>
> P.S. There's more information on the Google-O'Reilly Open Source Awards,
> including a list of past winners, at
>
> http://code.google.com/events/osa-hall-of-fame.html

Re: Aaron Leventhal wins Google-O'Reilly Open Source Award

Marco Trevisan - Bazzmann|Mag
Congratulations Aaron! I completely agree with Frank!

Marco