ARIA support in JAWS10

Piotr Jankowski
Hello,

I found it interesting that JAWS 10 will support ARIA Live Regions.
More info:

http://freedomscientific.com/downloads/jaws/JAWS-public-beta.asp

Regards,
Piotr Jankowski

Re: ARIA support in JAWS10

Aaron Leventhal-3
JAWS 10 has support for live regions in IE as well.

This is great news -- it's what is needed to make ARIA something that
web authors will use.

- Aaron

Re: ARIA support in JAWS10

Marco Zehe-3
Hi all,

Piotr Jankowski wrote:
> I found it interesting that JAWS 10 will support ARIA Live Regions.

I took JAWS 10 public beta for a test ride this morning, and have
published a review on my blog:
http://www.marcozehe.de/2008/08/26/jaws-10-public-betas-firefox-3-support-a-review/

Happy reading!

marco

Re: ARIA support in JAWS10

Victor Tsaran
Be careful if you try to use JAWS10 with Firefox3 as, in my iew, the
public beta has some regressions in terms of interoperability between
this screen reader and the browser. Since JAWS versions all share the
same FS DOM server, installing JAWS10 will cripple your work with
Firefox in other versions of JAWS as well.
Victor

Marco Zehe wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Piotr Jankowski wrote:
>> I found it interesting that JAWS 10 will support ARIA Live Regions.
>
> I took JAWS 10 public beta for a test ride this morning, and have
> published a review on my blog:
> http://www.marcozehe.de/2008/08/26/jaws-10-public-betas-firefox-3-support-a-review/
>

> Happy reading!
>
> marco

Ubiquity and accessibility?

Pratik Patel-3
Hello all,

I just saw messages on Twitter on Mozilla's release of Ubiquity.  I know
that it's rather early. But, that are accessibility implications of this
project?  Is accessibility considered from the inception of this project?

Regards,

Pratik