ARIA in Gmail discussion on my blog

Marco Zehe-3
Hi all,

On my blog, I discuss the introduction of ARIA markup into Gmail and
what this means for screen reader users:
http://www.marcozehe.de/2008/08/06/aria-in-gmail-2-enhancing-the-chat-experience/

Happy reading!

Marco

Re: ARIA in Gmail discussion on my blog

Srinivas Annam
Marco,

Thank you for the quite a very detailed article. It is really quite a nice
experience as to how well ARIA support has come along in the last year and
with FF3.

Thanks to all the good work by the Mozilla team, during my development only
major thing I worried about is to ensuring right stuff being exposed from
Firefox 3 (mostly used MSAA inspecting tools). In my mind some of this is
still very experimental (especially aria-live stuff) and we at Google will
continue to improve the user experience going forward.

Thanks,
Srinivas

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Marco Zehe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On my blog, I discuss the introduction of ARIA markup into Gmail and
> what this means for screen reader users:
>
> http://www.marcozehe.de/2008/08/06/aria-in-gmail-2-enhancing-the-chat-experience/
>
> Happy reading!
>
> Marco

Srinivas Annam
Software Engineer, Accessibility
Google, Inc.
Cell: 408.898.4928
Email: [hidden email]

Re: ARIA in Gmail discussion on my blog

David Bolter
Srinivas,

You are right about aria-live stuff and any resources Google puts
towards sorting it out will help us all.

karma++;

cheers,
David