APN now (americans for peace now)

GérardJan
APN's daily news review from Israel
Tuesday March 21, 2017

Quote of the day:
"In short, at least one clear rule can be concluded: If you’re successful, in any field, we’ll call you an Israeli—even if the most Israeli thing you’ve ever done is eat falafel at a stand in Paris."
--Top Yedioth political commentator, Sima Kadmon, examines 'who is Israeli' <a href="imap://gertjan%2Evinkesteijn%40gmail%2Ecom@imap.googlemail.com:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E27760#kadmon" target="_blank" style="mso-line-height-rule: exactly;-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%;-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;color: #2BAADF;font-weight: normal;text-decoration: underline;">after an 'Israeli' baseball team no one heard of before won a string of games internationally.*
--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49a2
Build identifier: 20161122013001

I never met a man I didn't want to fight.
		-- Lyle Alzado, professional football lineman

Re: APN now (americans for peace now)

GérardJan

*APN's daily news review from Israel*
Thursday March 23, 2017
*Quote of the day:*
*"The man who is unable to read an intelligence document with more than nine
paragraphs is not interested in the details, in the history, in the complexity
and in the drives of the region’s people. His vision is to see towers rising on
both sides of the Green Line, with water fountains and marble everywhere. That’s
what he’s familiar with."*
--Yedioth's Washington correspondent looks at what motivates US President Donald
Trum
<imap://gertjan%2Evinkesteijn%40gmail%[hidden email]:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E27801#trump>p
to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.*

On 3/23/17 2:22 PM, GérardJan wrote:

> *APN's daily news review from Israel*
> Thursday March 23, 2017
> *Quote of the day:*
> *"The man who is unable to read an intelligence document with more than nine
> paragraphs is not interested in the details, in the history, in the complexity
> and in the drives of the region’s people. His vision is to see towers rising
> on both sides of the Green Line, with water fountains and marble everywhere.
> That’s what he’s familiar with."*
> --Yedioth's Washington correspondent looks at what motivates US President
> Donald Trum
> <imap://gertjan%2Evinkesteijn%40gmail%[hidden email]:993/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E27801#trump>p
> to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.*

**Why is Trump so obsessed with Israeli-Palestinian peace? *(Orly Azoulay,
Yedioth/Ynet
<http://peacenow.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8dc4822ca41e3938eb4a03c73&id=9447bc3d2f&e=f02de68997>)
The US president doesn’t really care about the Mideast conflict, he just needs a
foreign policy achievement. He wants a grandiose deal and is approaching the
issue with no sentiments whatsoever. Failure means a bleeding wound to his ego,
and he won’t let that happen.

sincerely,

--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49a2
Build identifier: 20161122013001

I never met a man I didn't want to fight.
                -- Lyle Alzado, professional football lineman

Re: APN now (americans for peace now)

GérardJan

APN's daily news review from Israel
Sunday July 16, 2017

Quote of the day:
"We're still in shock. If we would have known, we would have immediately stopped
them. It's not like we lack troubles. We're against such acts. This shooting
helps with nothing but destroys everything. Now everyone will attack us."
--Relative of one of the Arab-Israeli assailants (Palestinian citizens of
Israel) who killed two Israeli Border Police Friday on the Temple Mount.*
--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es

QOTD:
        "I've got one last thing to say before I go; give me back
        all of my stuff."

GérardJan wrote:

> APN's daily news review from Israel
> Sunday July 16, 2017
>
> Quote of the day:
> "We're still in shock. If we would have known, we would have immediately stopped
> them. It's not like we lack troubles. We're against such acts. This shooting
> helps with nothing but destroys everything. Now everyone will attack us."
> --Relative of one of the Arab-Israeli assailants (Palestinian citizens of
> Israel) who killed two Israeli Border Police Friday on the Temple Mount.*

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.801424

sincerely
--
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es

QOTD:
        "I've got one last thing to say before I go; give me back
        all of my stuff."

Re: APN now (americans for peace now)

GérardJan

APN's daily news review from Israel
Monday July 31, 2017

Quote of the day:
"..The feeling that beats among most Israelis is that a terrorist's sentence is
death, period. It does not matter when, it does not matter how, it does not
matter why. An Arab who stabbed a soldier should die, even if that is not
exactly according to the rules, morals, or orders of the IDF...In this world,
which is not perfect, a decent defense minister who raises a black flag over
this deed on the moral level is erased from the political map. In this world, a
prime minister who is supposed to chart the way, aligns himself with the masses
and abandons the IDF, its commanders and fighters alone in the public arena."
--From the incisive Op-Ed by senior Maariv political commentator, Ben Caspit,
following the rejection of the appeal of the soldier Elor Azaria, 21, who
executed an incapacitated Palestinian assailant, Abed al-Fatah al-Sharif, 21.*

*For the benefit of all, the time has come for the Azaria family to part from
the Sheftels (their aggressive defense lawyer – OH] (Ben Caspit, Maariv) The
announcement of support from Gadi Eizenkot to the IDF justice system gave the
soldier's family a ladder to climb down, and now it's time to let go and return
sanity to the state...In a perfect world, where everything happens according to
law, passions are stored and locked and the head rules, Elor Azaria was sent to
a long prison term. Legally, he had no chance. Anyone who saw that video and
read the testimonies understood it almost immediately. Eight judges, in two
groups, reached the same conclusions, although the minority opinion in the
appeal court demanded a longer prison sentence. In a perfect world, soldiers
have to obey orders, no one can take the law into his own hands, the spirit of
the IDF and universal and Jewish moral values ​​do not allow us to behave like
the gangs that surround us...In this perfect world we are civilized. There is no
situation in which a soldier initiates the killing of a terrorist lying on the
ground neutralized for more than 10 minutes, without him posing any danger
whatsoever. Those who come who support this situation will come to terms with
our transformation into a gang. But the world we live in is not perfect. In the
face of these determinations, the collective Israeli stomach stabilizes. The
magical connection between the people and its soldiers. The feeling that beats
among most Israelis is that a terrorist's sentence is death, period. It does not
matter when, it does not matter how, it does not matter why. An Arab who stabbed
a soldier should die, even if that is not exactly according to the rules,
morals, or orders of the IDF ... In this world, which is not perfect, a decent
defense minister who raises a black flag over this deed on the moral level is
erased from the political map. In this world, a prime minister who is supposed
to chart the way, aligns himself with the masses and abandons the IDF, its
commanders and fighters alone in the public arena. In this world there are
Internet commenters, trolls, and Sheftels [reference to Azaria's controversial
defense lawyer - OH] who turn the IDF Chief of Staff, who has spent the past 35
years defending them, into a target. In this world there are other laws that are
not drawn from books or values, ​​but from tribal affiliation, a sense of
emergency, a primordial will to survive, and not a small bit of rage...
Netanyahu joins mob that sees Hebron shooter's judges as traitors who should
stand trial (Yossi Verter, Haaretz) With undying support for Elor Azaria, who
killed a wounded Palestinian assailant, the PM panders to right-wing voters
despite the judges' harsh appeal ruling.
Soldier who shot terrorist at West Bank settlement doesn't deserve a medal
(Israel Harel, Haaretz) Staff Sgt. A. may have saved lives that day in Halamish,
but he never endangered his own life and only acted the way any soldier should have.
Netanyahu’s bold ‘fold’ on Temple Mount (Alexander J. Apfel, Ynet) It's easy to
accuse the PM of capitulating to the Arab street in removing the metal
detectors, but his final decision was based on long-term strategic interests
which had far more to do with showing the US who sits on the other side of the
table in any future negotiations.
More moral than the Shin Bet (Gideon Levy, Haaretz+) A Likud legislator
criticizes the security service, and people rush to defend this enabler of the
tyrannical occupation.
Jordanians waiting for Netanyahu to apologize (Smadar Perry, Yedioth/Ynet) The
attorney general’s office in Amman has sent Jerusalem the findings of its
investigation into the Israeli embassy shooting incident, and Israel has
promised to speed up its own probe. Meanwhile, the family of the landlord killed
in the incident has been asked not to accept any financial compensation from
Israel. All Jordan wants are two words from Israel’s prime minister: ‘I’m sorry.’