The NSS team has released Network Security Services (NSS) 3.35,
which is a minor release.
Summary of the major changes included in this release:
- The default database storage format has been changed to SQL,
using filenames cert9.db, key4.db, pkcs11.txt.
- TLS 1.3 support has been updated to draft -23, along with
additional significant changes.
- Support for TLS compression was removed.
- Added formally verified implementations of non-vectorized Chacha20
and non-vectorized Poly1305 64-bit.
- When creating encrypted PKCS#7 or PKCS#12 data, NSS uses a
higher iteration count for stronger security.
- The CA trust list was updated to version 2.22.