[ANNOUNCE] Information regarding the upcoming Thunderbird 3.1 release

[ANNOUNCE] Information regarding the upcoming Thunderbird 3.1 release

Simon Paquet-2
Hi guys,

as most of you know, after the successful release of Thunderbird 3, we
are now moving towards our next major release Thunderbird 3.1 (codename
Lanikai).

Lanikai is scheduled to be released in early April 2010 and will be a
considerably smaller release compared with the move from TB2 to TB3.
This should result in a lot less string changes.

A draft release schedule of Thunderbird 3.1 is available on the
mozilla.org wiki at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Thunderbird3.1
Please note, that this is a preliminary schedule and still subject to
change. In case of significant changes, I will of course notify you
as soon as I become aware of those changes.

As of now, Thunderbird 3.1 is developed from the comm-central repo
<http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/> for all TB-related changes and
the mozilla-1.9.2 repo <http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.2>
for all core backend changes.

As a consequence that, your work on your TB3.1 localization should
happen on your respective l10n-mozilla-1.9.2 repo
<http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2>. The same repo
that you use for the Firefox 3.6 localization.

For this we have updated the l10n dashboard. The tb31x tree
<http://l10n.mozilla.org/dashboard/?tree=tb31x> should now correctly
report your l10n-status.

Looking at the dashboard now, it looks like many localizations will
need to sync their 1.9.2 repo with the work that they performed on
their 1.9.1 repo already. Some locales will have to move all their
TB-related work (mail/, editor/ directories plus TB-related entries
from other-licenses/branding) over to the 1.9.2 repo. If you need
any help with this, feel free to contact me or Axel (Pike) and we
can help you with the move.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here...

Cya
Simon

--
Thunderbird/Calendar Localisation (L10n) Coordinator
Thunderbird l10n blog:       http://thunderbird-l10n.blogspot.com