[ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is now available for download

[ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is now available for download

Axel Hecht
Hi folks,

as beltzner posted to .planning, we actually shipped Firefox 3.5 Beta 4,
which is (still) going to be our final beta.

Please reach out to your communities by blogs and forum posts or
whichever medium you use to get feedback.

I'd appreciate if you could follow up to this thread with links to your
posts. Not that any of us is able to read or understand your posts, but
we're curious as always and would just love to use this opportunity to
learn more about how you reach out, and to get some idea on the amount
of feedback that you get. Nothing scientific, but still worthwhile doing.

Once more, thanks to all of you for all the work you put into this
milestone, and congrats to you all

Axel

On 27.04.2009 19:38 Uhr, Mike Beltzner wrote:

> (this announcement also exists at:
> https://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2009/04/27/firefox-35-beta-4-now-available-for-download/
> )
>
> Please note: Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is a public preview release intended for
> developer testing and community feedback. It includes many new features
> as well as improvements to performance, web compatibility, and speed. We
> recommend that you read the release notes and known issues before
> installing this beta.
>
> Firefox 3.5 (formerly known as Firefox 3.1) Beta 4 is now available for
> download. This milestone is focused on testing the core functionality
> provided by many new features and changes to the platform scheduled for
> Firefox 3.5. Ongoing planning for Firefox 3.1 can be followed at the
> Firefox 3.5 Planning Center, as well as in mozilla.dev.planning and on
> irc.mozilla.org in #shiretoko.
>
> New features and changes in this milestone that require feedback include:
>
> • This beta is now available in 70 languages - get your local version.
> • Improved tools for controlling your private data, including a Private
> Browsing Mode.
> • Better performance and stability with the new TraceMonkey JavaScript
> engine.
> • The ability to provide Location Aware Browsing using web standards for
> geolocation.
> • Support for native JSON, and web worker threads.
> • Improvements to the Gecko layout engine, including speculative parsing
> for faster content rendering.
> • Support for new web technologies such as: HTML5 <video> and <audio>
> elements, downloadable fonts and other new CSS properties, JavaScript
> query selectors, HTML5 offline data storage for applications, and SVG
> transforms.
> Testers can download Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 builds for Windows, Mac OS X,
> and Linux in 64 different languages:
>
> http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-beta.html
>
> Developers should also read the Firefox 3.5 for Developers article on
> the Mozilla Developer Center:
>
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/Firefox_3.5_for_developers
>
> Note: Please do not link directly to the download site. Instead we
> strongly encourage you to link to this Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 milestone
> announcement so that everyone will know what this milestone is, what
> they should expect, and who should be downloading to participate in
> testing at this stage of development.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is now available for download

Fjoerfoks
Op 4/28/2009 6:05 AM, Axel Hecht skreau:

Dutch:
http://www.mozilla-nl.org/nieuws/28/04/2009/firefox/firefox_35_beta_4_laatste_beta
http://www.mozbrowser.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17058
Frisian:
http://fjoerfoks.blogspot.com/
http://www.fryskesoftware.nl/foarum/viewtopic.php?p=602#602

> [...]
>> for faster content rendering.
>> • Support for new web technologies such as: HTML5 <video> and <audio>
>> elements, downloadable fonts and other new CSS properties, JavaScript
>> query selectors, HTML5 offline data storage for applications, and SVG
>> transforms.
>> Testers can download Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 builds for Windows, Mac OS X,
>> and Linux in 64 different languages:
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-beta.html
>>
>> Developers should also read the Firefox 3.5 for Developers article on
>> the Mozilla Developer Center:
>>
>> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/Firefox_3.5_for_developers
>>
>> Note: Please do not link directly to the download site. Instead we
>> strongly encourage you to link to this Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 milestone
>> announcement so that everyone will know what this milestone is, what
>> they should expect, and who should be downloading to participate in

Wim
[hidden email]
Typ mar Frysk
fjoerfoks.blogspot.com
www.mozilla-nl.org/
www.mozbrowser.nl
www.fryskesoftware.nl

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is now available for download

wladow-2
Announcement:
http://www.mozilla.sk/1178/uvolneny-firefox-35-beta-4-pomozte-nam-testovat/
Forum thread: http://forum.mozilla.sk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4465

--
wladow
Mozilla.sk

Dňa 28. 04. 2009 06:05, Axel Hecht  wrote / napísal(a):
> I'd appreciate if you could follow up to this thread with links to your
> posts. Not that any of us is able to read or understand your posts, but
> we're curious as always and would just love to use this opportunity to
> learn more about how you reach out, and to get some idea on the amount
> of feedback that you get. Nothing scientific, but still worthwhile doing.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is now available for download

Alexandru Szasz
Romanian announcement:
http://mozilla.ro/firefox-3-5-beta-4-e-disponibil-pentru-descarcare

--
Alexandru Szasz

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is now available for download

Amitakhya Phukan-8
Hello,

I sent a mail to the following google group for Assamese languages (a
new entry for Firefox localization this time):

Forum thread : http://groups.google.com/group/xobdo/t/644ad1057076d581

Regards,
Amit.

Re: Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is now available for download

willyaranda
On Apr 28, 6:05 am, Axel Hecht <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> > for faster content rendering.
> > • Support for new web technologies such as: HTML5 <video> and <audio>
> > elements, downloadable fonts and other new CSS properties, JavaScript
> > query selectors, HTML5 offline data storage for applications, and SVG
> > transforms.
> > Testers can download Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 builds for Windows, Mac OS X,
> > and Linux in 64 different languages:
>
> >http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-beta.html
>
> > Developers should also read the Firefox 3.5 for Developers article on
> > the Mozilla Developer Center:
>
> >http://developer.mozilla.org/en/Firefox_3.5_for_developers
>
> > Note: Please do not link directly to the download site. Instead we
> > strongly encourage you to link to this Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 milestone
> > announcement so that everyone will know what this milestone is, what
> > they should expect, and who should be downloading to participate in

We have announced Firefox 3.5b4 in our community site at:

http://www.mozilla-hispano.org/2009/04/28/293-firefox-35-beta-4-ya-disponible

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is now available for download

Marcelo Poli-2
Spanish speaking announcement:
http://www.mozilla-hispano.org/2009/04/28/293-firefox-35-beta-4-ya-disponible
The site is a reference for every es-XX localization.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is now available for download

Alexander L. Slovesnik-2
Russian announcement and forum thread:
http://forum.mozilla-russia.org/viewtopic.php?id=34316

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is now available for download

Giuliano Masseroni-2
Official Italian speaking announcement:
http://www.mozillaitalia.it/home/2009/04/28/firefox-35-beta-4/
The site is a reference for the Italian localization.

Personal Italian speaking announcement:
Francesco "flod" Lodolo (owner for it localization of Firefox) blog:
http://www.pseudotecnico.org/blog/2009/04/28/firefox-35-beta-4/

Giuliano "jooliaan" Masseroni (leading Mozilla Italia Community) blog: http://www.blogzilla.info/2009/04/28/firefox-35-beta-4/

Giuliano "jooliaan" Masseroni (leading Mozilla Italia Community) on Facebook: http://networkedblogs.com/p4366030 (in italian) and http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=95532071536&h=3aYM-&u=jVV6L&ref=mf (in english)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is now available for download

Besnik Bleta-2
For sq:

Post on my personal blog:
http://kurveleshi.blogspot.com/2009/04/hidhet-ne-qarkullim-versioni.html
Post in a forum: http://www.forumishqiptar.com/showthread.php?t=106737

cheers
besnik

Më 04/28/2009 07:05 AM, Axel Hecht shkrojti:

> [...]
>> elements, downloadable fonts and other new CSS properties, JavaScript
>> query selectors, HTML5 offline data storage for applications, and SVG
>> transforms.
>> Testers can download Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 builds for Windows, Mac OS X,
>> and Linux in 64 different languages:
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-beta.html
>>
>> Developers should also read the Firefox 3.5 for Developers article on
>> the Mozilla Developer Center:
>>
>> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/Firefox_3.5_for_developers
>>
>> Note: Please do not link directly to the download site. Instead we
>> strongly encourage you to link to this Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 milestone
>> announcement so that everyone will know what this milestone is, what
>> they should expect, and who should be downloading to participate in
>> testing at this stage of development.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is now available for download

Toni Hermoso Pulido-2
For ca:

Post in my personal blog:
http://www.cau.cat/blog/firefox_35_beta_4_i_primeres_compilacions_del_fennec_en_catal%C3%A0
In another community member blog:
http://firefoxcat.blogspot.com/2009/04/firefox-35-beta-4.html
We have a mailing list:
http://llistes.softcatala.org/pipermail/mozilla/2009-April/000341.html

Cheers,

2009/4/28 Axel Hecht <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
>> for faster content rendering.
>> • Support for new web technologies such as: HTML5 <video> and <audio>
>> elements, downloadable fonts and other new CSS properties, JavaScript
>> query selectors, HTML5 offline data storage for applications, and SVG
>> transforms.
>> Testers can download Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 builds for Windows, Mac OS X,
>> and Linux in 64 different languages:
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-beta.html
>>
>> Developers should also read the Firefox 3.5 for Developers article on
>> the Mozilla Developer Center:
>>
>> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/Firefox_3.5_for_developers
>>
>> Note: Please do not link directly to the download site. Instead we
>> strongly encourage you to link to this Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 milestone
>> announcement so that everyone will know what this milestone is, what
>> they should expect, and who should be downloading to participate in

http://www.cau.cat

Re: Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is now available for download

Arjuna Rao Chavala
Telugu announcement on my blog.
http://teluginux.blogspot.com/2009/04/35-4.html

 It is posted to teluguwiki, linux-telugu-users, indlinux-telugu
mailing lists. teluguwiki posting link given below.

http://groups.google.co.in/group/telugublog/t/491fecd3e4ccb905

Thanks
Arjun

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is now available for download

Filip Miletic-4
Serbian announcement at:
http://nasepismo.blogspot.com/2009/05/35-4.html

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Firefox 3.5 Beta 4 is now available for download

Anas Husseini-2
I know it is somewhat late, but to come late is better than not to come at all.

Arabic announcement:
http://www.itwadi.com/firefox3.5-arabic

Regards

- Anas

On 06.05.2009 10:20 Uhr, Anas Husseini wrote:
> I know it is somewhat late, but to come late is better than not to come at all.
>
> Arabic announcement:
> http://www.itwadi.com/firefox3.5-arabic
>
> Regards
>
> - Anas

Wow, there are tons of comments on that. Some seem to be feedback on
Gecko features themselves. I'd be curious to learn how things like video
ring with the Arabic community. If you could send a summary, either here
or to l10n-drivers, that'd be great.

Axel