[ANNOUNCE] Feedback wanted - Thunderbird 3.1 RC1 schedule

[ANNOUNCE] Feedback wanted - Thunderbird 3.1 RC1 schedule

Simon Paquet-2
Hey guys,

the Thunderbird developers have asked me to forward this to you and
to ask for *FEEDBACK*. So if you have a problem with the proposed
schedule, *PLEASE* speak up.

  Based on where we are with blockers etc, the Thunderbird drivers
  have proposed a schedule for getting to RC 1. The schedule is
  challenging, but we believe it is a good starting point.

  We would like to get feedback from those with blockers [1], and
  others on their thoughts for this schedule:

    * Code freeze: could be anywhere between 10th and 14th May -
      probably 13th or 14th May.
    * L10n completion: 16th May 23:59 PDT (end of day Sunday)
    * Build Starts: 17th May (Monday)
    * QA starts: 18th May (Tuesday)
    * RC1 release: 25th May (Tuesday)

  This gives us about 2 weeks to be code complete, including
  addressing feedback from beta 2.

  [1] See http://bit.ly/999SJw

That schedule would give you little less than 2.5 weeks for
additional translation and l10n QA work. Is that enough? If not,
please speak up here in the newsgroup.

Thanks & Cya
Simon

--
Thunderbird/Calendar Localisation (L10n) Coordinator
Thunderbird l10n blog:       http://thunderbird-l10n.blogspot.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Feedback wanted - Thunderbird 3.1 RC1 schedule

Fjoerfoks
Hi Simon,

It all depends on the number lines you'd expect to be added.
I would prefer at least 1 workday (mo-fr) before L10 completion,
like 17 may and not only a weekend.

Kind regards,
Wim
[hidden email]
fjoerfoks.blogspot.com
www.mozilla-nl.org/
www.mozbrowser.nl
www.fryskesoftware.nl

Op 4/30/2010 3:28 PM, skreau Simon Paquet: