AIM 6.9

bayedo
Recently I upgraded to AIM 6.9. What a mistake! It has forced my
homepage to Aimzones.com, and Forecast Fox and FireGestures have gone
buggy. I can't get rid of it. Going after AIM in the Registry -- this is
Windows XP Home -- I've found it under AIM, AOL, and America Online
keys; the last-named key is apparently especially crafty on AOL's part.
In Documents & Settings, AIM has hidden itself in Temp and Local
Settings folders in addition to the Application Data folder.

Nevertheless the program persists. It keeps forcing my homepage to what
AOL wants, and my add-ins are still buggy.

Can anybody help?

Bayard Bastedo

Re: AIM 6.9

Irwin Greenwald-4
On 5/4/2009 5:30 AM, bayedo wrote:

> Recently I upgraded to AIM 6.9. What a mistake! It has forced my
> homepage to Aimzones.com, and Forecast Fox and FireGestures have gone
> buggy. I can't get rid of it. Going after AIM in the Registry -- this is
> Windows XP Home -- I've found it under AIM, AOL, and America Online
> keys; the last-named key is apparently especially crafty on AOL's part.
> In Documents&  Settings, AIM has hidden itself in Temp and Local
> Settings folders in addition to the Application Data folder.
>
> Nevertheless the program persists. It keeps forcing my homepage to what
> AOL wants, and my add-ins are still buggy.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> Bayard Bastedo

Try doing a Windows XP System Restore to a point earlier than when you
went to 6.9.

Irwin