[ADMIN] mozilla-accessibility is moving!

[ADMIN] mozilla-accessibility is moving!

Dave Miller-2
It should be no secret these days that the Mozilla Foundation and its related projects are no longer a pet project of Netscape, yet the newsgroups we are using for public discussions still bear the Netscape name.  We've been planning for years to move from netscape.public.mozilla.* to just mozilla.*, and the time has finally come!

In August, we announced a partnership with Giganews Newsgroups (http://www.giganews.com/) to provide NNTP services for our news.mozilla.org domain.  It's taken a few months of planning to make it happen, but we're now in the process of moving all of those newsgroups over to the new hierarchy.

For general information and frequently asked questions about the move to the new news and list servers, see http://www.mozilla.org/community/giganews-migration.html

This list was intended to have a newsgroup counterpart, but we didn't have access to create new groups on the news server at the time it was created.  As part of this move, this list will now have a newsgroup counterpart (messages posted either place will be mirrored to the other).

Old newsgroup: (there wasn't one)
New newsgroup: mozilla.dev.accessibility

Old mailing list: [hidden email]
New mailing list: [hidden email]

When is it moving?

This group will be moving in the afternoon (PST) on Sunday, January 22.

What do you need to do to maintain your subscriptions?

Your subscription will automatically be moved for you to the new mailing list.  You may need to adjust your mail filters if you filter your list mail.

This mailing list will now also be available via NNTP if you prefer to read it that way.  You may do so by subscribing to the mozilla.dev.accessibility newsgroup on news.mozilla.org using your favorite Usenet news reader.

If you have any questions that aren't answered here, and aren't answered
in the above FAQ, please ask in the mozilla.dev.mozilla-org newsgroup or on the [hidden email] mailing list (https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-mozilla-org)

--
Dave Miller
System Administrator, Mozilla Corporation

Re: [ADMIN] mozilla-accessibility is moving!

Dave Miller-2
In article
<[hidden email]>, Dave
Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This list was intended to have a newsgroup counterpart, but we didn't have
> access to create new groups on the news server at the time it was created.
> As part of this move, this list will now have a newsgroup counterpart
> (messages posted either place will be mirrored to the other).
>
> Old newsgroup: (there wasn't one)
> New newsgroup: mozilla.dev.accessibility

OK, obviously there was one. :)  That's what I get for trusting
http://www.mozilla.org/community/newsgroups.txt :)

/me updates the script for the actual move on Sundy will work right

--
Dave