A way forward?

1 ... 11121314

Re: A way forward?

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
Jay Garcia wrote:

> You missed the point. Chris was asking for a more definitive description
> of MTMM and hence my reply.

anything that has to do with Multimedia and HTML within
Mail/News postings.

Warning: Private emails to me may become public

Posting of this message may get me banned from the Mozilla
Newsgroups, as its not "contributing to the developement of
the Mozilla Project"

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

squaredancer wrote:

> On 25.12.2007 08:08, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Michael to
> generate the following:? :
>> Chris Ilias replied On 12/24/2007 3:09 PM
>>
>>> On 12/23/07 12:34 PM, _Michael_ spoke thusly:

>>> As I replied to Jay, I don't see what this has to do with posting
>>> screenshots in the MM group, for discussions in other support
>>> newsgroups. Are you saying people should be using the MM group, for
>>> general support, so they can include screenshots?
>>>
>> Since images of any kind are not wanted in any of the Mozilla Support
>> groups then the only avenue to provide visual support is in MMTM.
>>

> yes - "visual support" and "audio support" (and Video, which may combine
> both)  *IS* *IS* *IS* multimedia.... I think (but I'm probably wrong)
> that Chris I is slowly - VERY slowly - getting the concept!
>
> reg

but according to Gerv, it has to do with binary attachments.

Warning: Private emails to me may become public

Posting of this message may get me banned from the Mozilla
Newsgroups, as its not "contributing to the developement of
the Mozilla Project"

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Re: A way forward?

Daniel-24
Jay Garcia wrote:

> On 24.12.2007 15:02, Chris Ilias wrote:

Each time I install a new version of SM, I think I have to set
Edit-Preferences-Mail&Newsgroups-Mail Start Page to not load
Mail\Messenger\content\start.xhtml.

Would it be possible for the "powers that be" to stick fuller
discriptions of several of the various available newsgroups on this page
dealing with SM, etc, with links, so newcomers are told what should go
on where, the first time/every time they start the Mail and New reader??

Just a suggestion.

Daniel

Re: A way forward?

Christopher Jahn-2
Ron K. wrote:

> Chris Ilias keyboarded, On 12/23/2007 2:43 AM :
>> On 12/12/07 6:16 AM, _squaredancer_ spoke thusly:
>>> Maybe you should read the Newsgroup Etiquette??
>>> IIRC, "do not post in HTML format" is one of the requirements!
>>
>> <http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html>
>> "Post HTML at your own risk.
>>
>>     Keep in mind that not everyone uses mail or news readers that can
>> easily display HTML messages. Consequently, you will reach a larger
>> audience if you post in plain-text. Many people simply ignore HTML
>> messages, because it takes a nontrivial amount of effort to read them."
>>
>> The etiquette page does not say "do not post in HTML format". It just
>> gives a warning for those who do post in HTML, that not everyone will
>> be able to read the message.
>

> A devils advocate response would be: Why are they not using Tb to
> perform support in the Tb centric groups?

TB is a lousy newsreader, but a great email client.  I use Xnews for
newsreading because it outperforms TB "out of the box."  But I use TB
exclusively for email, and I can help solve a lot of problems with TB as
a mail client.

Re: A way forward?

squaredancer
On 25.12.2007 18:40, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Peter Potamus
the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :

> squaredancer wrote:
>
>> On 25.12.2007 08:08, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Michael to
>> generate the following:? :
>>
>>> Chris Ilias replied On 12/24/2007 3:09 PM

>>> Since images of any kind are not wanted in any of the Mozilla Support
>>> groups then the only avenue to provide visual support is in MMTM.
>>>

>> yes - "visual support" and "audio support" (and Video, which may combine
>> both)  *IS* *IS* *IS* multimedia.... I think (but I'm probably wrong)
>> that Chris I is slowly - VERY slowly - getting the concept!
>>
>> reg
>>

> but according to Gerv, it has to do with binary attachments.

...... and, according to Chris (see your "Banning" thread)  Posting
attachments is *NOT* binary.... ya canna win, methinks!

reg

squaredancer wrote:

> On 25.12.2007 18:40, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Peter Potamus
> the Purple Hippo to generate the following:? :
>> squaredancer wrote:
>>
>>> On 25.12.2007 08:08, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Michael to
>>> generate the following:? :

>>> yes - "visual support" and "audio support" (and Video, which may combine
>>> both)  *IS* *IS* *IS* multimedia.... I think (but I'm probably wrong)
>>> that Chris I is slowly - VERY slowly - getting the concept!
>>>
>>> reg
>>>
>> but according to Gerv, it has to do with binary attachments.
>>

> ...... and, according to Chris (see your "Banning" thread)  Posting
> attachments is *NOT* binary.... ya canna win, methinks!
>
> reg

and thats what I've been saying all along. One contradicts
the other, and they keep flip-flopping on their stories.
They're trying to do some damage control and aren't doing so
good.  They're trying to save face for the big screw job,
but they won't admit it.