A troll among us

Agaric
Some may want to take a second look at where their reply is headed
before hitting *Send*
A certain guy here likes to reply to messages with adolescent remarks,
and set a Followup header to another group. At least one other poster
here was recently lured in and made to look dimwitted by the deceit.
Example below:

From: Good Guy <[hidden email]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: How many floppies are required to install Windows 10?
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2017 04:30:49 +0100

On 07/10/2017 03:13, [hidden email] wrote:
 > How many floppies are required to install Windows 10?

About 4 gigs.

Please note you can't install Windows 10 on your DOS machine so I suggest
pay somebody to take them away so that you have enough room on your desk
to put your new laptop.  Laptops works without floppies so you don't have
to worry about them anymore.

Linux users can help you with your floppies.  Are you suffering from
erectile dysfunction?  Linux users might have a solution for it as well.

   <head>
   </head>
     class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
     href="mailto:[hidden email]">[hidden email]</a>
       wrote:<br>
       type="cite">
       <pre wrap="">How many floppies are required to install Windows 10?

</pre>
     About 4 gigs.<br>
     Please note you can't install Windows 10 on your DOS machine so I
     suggest pay somebody to take them away so that you have enough room on
     your desk to put your new laptop.  Laptops works without floppies so
     you don't have to worry about them anymore.<br>
     Linux users can help you with your floppies.  Are you suffering from
     erectile dysfunction?  Linux users might have a solution for it as
     well.<br>
           color: yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:200%; text-align:
           center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 500 million
           devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher
           than any previous version of windows.</div>

From: Lucifer Morningstar <[hidden email]>
Newsgroups: alt.os.linux
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 18:43:39 +1100

On Sat, 7 Oct 2017 04:30:49 +0100, Good Guy <[hidden email]>
wrote:

 >On 07/10/2017 03:13, [hidden email] wrote:
 >> How many floppies are required to install Windows 10?
 >>
 >>
 >>
 >About 4 gigs.
 >
 >Please note you can't install Windows 10 on your DOS machine so I suggest
 >pay somebody to take them away so that you have enough room on your desk
 >to put your new laptop.  Laptops works without floppies so you don't have
 >to worry about them anymore.
 >
 >Linux users can help you with your floppies.  Are you suffering from
 >erectile dysfunction?  Linux users might have a solution for it as well.

I had Linux running on my mechanical wristwatch but I couldn't upgrade it
to Windows 10.

Re: A troll among us

Endegee
On 09-Oct-2017 21:28, Agaric wrote:
> Some may want to take a second look at where their reply is headed
> before hitting *Send*
> A certain guy here likes to reply to messages with adolescent remarks,
> and set a Followup header to another group. At least one other poster
> here was recently lured in and made to look dimwitted by the deceit.
> Example below:
>
>snip all the useless struff<

Everybody knows that Good Guy is an HTML posting troll but fairly well
behave in the Mozilla news groups.

Re: A troll among us

Luis
Endegee wrote:

> On 09-Oct-2017 21:28, Agaric wrote:
>> Some may want to take a second look at where their reply is headed
>> before hitting *Send*
>> A certain guy here likes to reply to messages with adolescent remarks,
>> and set a Followup header to another group. At least one other poster
>> here was recently lured in and made to look dimwitted by the deceit.
>> Example below:
>>
>> snip all the useless struff<
>
> Everybody knows that Good Guy is an HTML posting troll but fairly well
> behave in the Mozilla news groups.

Is Good Guy the only one? Put Filters to work.

Re: A troll among us

s|b-2
On Mon, 9 Oct 2017 18:28:43 -0700, Agaric wrote:

> Some may want to take a second look at where their reply

You mean follow-up; reply = e-mail.

> is headed
> before hitting *Send*

Agent warns me about this when I hit send.

> A certain guy here likes to reply to messages with adolescent remarks,
> and set a Followup header to another group. At least one other poster
> here was recently lured in and made to look dimwitted by the deceit.

GG has been in my global (kill)filter for a while. It wasn't that long
ago that he used a signature where he basically told posters to go f*ck
themselves if they didn't like his HTML postings. He considers it to be
God's gift to humanity.

--
s|b

Re: A troll among us

Daniel
On 11/10/2017 5:24 AM, s|b wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Oct 2017 18:28:43 -0700, Agaric wrote:
>
>> Some may want to take a second look at where their reply
>
> You mean follow-up; reply = e-mail.
>
>> is headed
>> before hitting *Send*
>
> Agent warns me about this when I hit send.
>
>> A certain guy here likes to reply to messages with adolescent remarks,
>> and set a Followup header to another group. At least one other poster
>> here was recently lured in and made to look dimwitted by the deceit.
>
> GG has been in my global (kill)filter for a while. It wasn't that long
> ago that he used a signature where he basically told posters to go f*ck
> themselves if they didn't like his HTML postings. He considers it to be
> God's gift to humanity.

The thing that annoys me most about GG posting in HTML is that, when I
want to respond to one of his rare useful posts (even though I'm using
Plain Text to Compose the reply), the sig file is not removed because of
a long standing problem in TB/SM where the (HTML) sig file is included
with-in the message envelope. :-(

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.48 Build identifier: 20170329183526

Go Dallas Cowgirls!! .... Err!! ... Um!! .. I mean *Go Dallas Cowboys* !!

Re: A troll among us

WaltS48-5
On 10/11/17 7:42 AM, Daniel wrote:

> On 11/10/2017 5:24 AM, s|b wrote:
>> On Mon, 9 Oct 2017 18:28:43 -0700, Agaric wrote:
>>
>>> Some may want to take a second look at where their reply
>>
>> You mean follow-up; reply = e-mail.
>>
>>> is headed
>>> before hitting *Send*
>>
>> Agent warns me about this when I hit send.
>>
>>> A certain guy here likes to reply to messages with adolescent remarks,
>>> and set a Followup header to another group. At least one other poster
>>> here was recently lured in and made to look dimwitted by the deceit.
>>
>> GG has been in my global (kill)filter for a while. It wasn't that long
>> ago that he used a signature where he basically told posters to go f*ck
>> themselves if they didn't like his HTML postings. He considers it to be
>> God's gift to humanity.
>>
> The thing that annoys me most about GG posting in HTML is that, when I
> want to respond to one of his rare useful posts (even though I'm using
> Plain Text to Compose the reply), the sig file is not removed because of
> a long standing problem in TB/SM where the (HTML) sig file is included
> with-in the message envelope. :-(

Just select it and delete it. Not that hard.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: A troll among us

PietB-2
Daniel wrote:
> The thing that annoys me most about GG posting in HTML is that, when I
> want to respond to one of his rare useful posts (even though I'm using
> Plain Text to Compose the reply), the sig file is not removed because of
> a long standing problem in TB/SM where the (HTML) sig file is included
> with-in the message envelope. :-(

At the same time it gives you the opportunity to edit the quote and
turn the offending sig into a counter-ad. :-)

-p

Re: A troll among us

Good Guy-2
On 11/10/2017 14:20, WaltS48 wrote:

> Just select it and delete it. Not that hard.

DON'T BE SILLY.  IT IS TOO MUCH WORK.

GG IS HERE AND UNLIKELY TO GO AWAY SOON.  HIS HTML POSTS ARE HIGHLY
SOUGHT AFTER ON ALL THE NEWSGROUPS HE VISITS.  NO WONDER PEOPLE ARE
TALKING ABOUT IT.

Please make sure you wake up early to reap his posts and to view his
html posts.  Just viewing his posts will make your 24 hours
wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

On 12/10/2017 12:20 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 10/11/17 7:42 AM, Daniel wrote:

>>> You mean follow-up; reply = e-mail.

>>> Agent warns me about this when I hit send.

>>> GG has been in my global (kill)filter for a while. It wasn't that long
>>> ago that he used a signature where he basically told posters to go f*ck
>>> themselves if they didn't like his HTML postings. He considers it to be
>>> God's gift to humanity.
>>>
>> The thing that annoys me most about GG posting in HTML is that, when I
>> want to respond to one of his rare useful posts (even though I'm using
>> Plain Text to Compose the reply), the sig file is not removed because
>> of a long standing problem in TB/SM where the (HTML) sig file is
>> included with-in the message envelope. :-(
>>

> Just select it and delete it. Not that hard.

You're right, Walt, it's not that hard ..... but to get rid of your sig
file, Walt, I had to do exactly nothing!! ;-(

On 12/10/2017 1:08 AM, PietB wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
>> The thing that annoys me most about GG posting in HTML is that, when I
>> want to respond to one of his rare useful posts (even though I'm using
>> Plain Text to Compose the reply), the sig file is not removed because of
>> a long standing problem in TB/SM where the (HTML) sig file is included
>> with-in the message envelope. :-(
>
> At the same time it gives you the opportunity to edit the quote and
> turn the offending sig into a counter-ad. :-)
>
> -p

Ah!! Never thought of doing that! ;-)

On 10/12/17 4:41 AM, Daniel wrote:

> On 12/10/2017 12:20 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> The thing that annoys me most about GG posting in HTML is that, when I
>>> want to respond to one of his rare useful posts (even though I'm using
>>> Plain Text to Compose the reply), the sig file is not removed because
>>> of a long standing problem in TB/SM where the (HTML) sig file is
>>> included with-in the message envelope. :-(
>>>

>> Just select it and delete it. Not that hard.
>>
> You're right, Walt, it's not that hard ..... but to get rid of your sig
> file, Walt, I had to do exactly nothing!! ;-(

I need to start posting in HTML again. 😈

FredW wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 17:28:38 +0100, Good Guy <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

>> On 11/10/2017 14:20, WaltS48 wrote:
>>>
>>> Just select it and delete it. Not that hard.
>>>

>> DON'T BE SILLY.  IT IS TOO MUCH WORK.
>>
>> GG IS HERE AND UNLIKELY TO GO AWAY SOON.  HIS HTML POSTS ARE HIGHLY
>> SOUGHT AFTER ON ALL THE NEWSGROUPS HE VISITS.  NO WONDER PEOPLE ARE
>> TALKING ABOUT IT.
>>
>> Please make sure you wake up early to reap his posts and to view his
>> html posts.  Just viewing his posts will make your 24 hours
>> wonderful!!!!!!!!!!
>

> And this is the troll posting as GoodGuy.
>
> Most of you are mistaken.
> The original GoodGuy is the one posting in HTML.
> He has some useful answers.
>
> But now a troll using (stealing) the identity of GoodGuy has appeared in
> several newsgroups to create confusion.
>
> The posted text should give you a clue whether a message is from the
> real GoodGuy or the fake GoodGuy.
>
> Good luck.
>   ;-)

You're right. But, to avoid a situation like this there are three
opinions. 3. Read and never post anyplace in Internet.

Re: A troll among us

Daniel
On 13/10/2017 1:42 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 10/12/17 4:41 AM, Daniel wrote:
>> On 12/10/2017 12:20 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> On 10/11/17 7:42 AM, Daniel wrote:

<Snip>

>>> Just select it and delete it. Not that hard.
>>>
>> You're right, Walt, it's not that hard ..... but to get rid of your
>> sig file, Walt, I had to do exactly nothing!! ;-(
>
> I need to start posting in HTML again. 😈

Oh, Ta!!! '-P