Quantcast

A call for better MDN documentation

Oliver Propst
Hi,
Necko are obviously very central to Mozilla, yet the documentation on MDN
are very outdated (with links to 10 year old presentations) or missing [1,
2, 3].

Although I'm not a hacker/developer myself I still find the technical
details of Necko very interesting (I don't think you should have to dig
into the source code to get that information).

I'm sure the team would have very much to win both in terms of getting new
contributors and raise the general interest if there existed proper updated
documentation about Necko on MDN.

I could see this a potential topic on the upcoming workweek in Paris.

1 https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Necko
2 https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Building_Necko_standalone
3 https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Necko_Architecture
--
-mvh Oliver Propst

Re: A call for better MDN documentation

Jason Duell-3
On 02/15/2014 02:44 AM, Oliver Propst wrote:

> Hi,
> Necko are obviously very central to Mozilla, yet the documentation on MDN
> are very outdated (with links to 10 year old presentations) or missing [1,
> 2, 3].
>
> Although I'm not a hacker/developer myself I still find the technical
> details of Necko very interesting (I don't think you should have to dig
> into the source code to get that information).
>
> I'm sure the team would have very much to win both in terms of getting new
> contributors and raise the general interest if there existed proper updated
> documentation about Necko on MDN.
>
> I could see this a potential topic on the upcoming workweek in Paris.
>
> 1 https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Necko
> 2 https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Building_Necko_standalone
> 3 https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Necko_Architecture

Yes, we could definitely use better introductions to necko's
architecture.  The ones that exist are actually still useful, but they
are very old and so miss many things.

Jason

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 11:04 PM, Jason Duell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes, we could definitely use better introductions to necko's architecture.
> The ones that exist are actually still useful, but they are very old and so
> miss many things.
>
> Jason

Are any of the team members interested in working on better MDN documentation?

--
-mvh Oliver Propst