Quantcast

A busy week for Firefox development

WaltS48-3

> This was one of the busiest weeks in Firefox's history with having
> more than ~10,000 change-sets affecting ~97,000 file changes.

REF:
<http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Firefox-Repo-Servo-WebRender>

--
Visit Pittsburgh<http://www.visitpittsburgh.com/>
Coexist<https://www.coexist.org/>

Re: A busy week for Firefox development

geo.inbox.ingored

On 03/03/2017 09:31 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

>> This was one of the busiest weeks in Firefox's history with having
>> more than ~10,000 change-sets affecting ~97,000 file changes.
>
> REF:
> <http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Firefox-Repo-Servo-WebRender>

nice read.

like audio?

--

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
 - Albert Einstein

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8 -- KDE 4.3.4
Firefox 45.7.0 -- Thunderbird 45.6.0
GNUCash 2.4.15 -- zoneminder 1.30.0

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
=+=

Re: A busy week for Firefox development

WaltS48-5
On 03/04/2017 01:04 PM, geo wrote:

> On 03/03/2017 09:31 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> This was one of the busiest weeks in Firefox's history with having
>>> more than ~10,000 change-sets affecting ~97,000 file changes.
>> REF:
>> <http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Firefox-Repo-Servo-WebRender>
> nice read.
>
> like audio?

I use VLC Player for streaming audio.

On 03/04/2017 04:20 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

>>> REF:
>>> <http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Firefox-Repo-Servo-WebRender>
>> nice read.
>>
>> like audio?
>>

> I use VLC Player for streaming audio.

}}
also use vlc. very nice.

--

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
 - Albert Einstein

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8 -- KDE 4.3.4
Firefox 45.7.0 -- Thunderbird 45.6.0
GNUCash 2.4.15 -- zoneminder 1.30.0

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
=+=

Re: A busy week for Firefox development

Luis
geo wrote:

> On 03/04/2017 04:20 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> nice read.
>>>
>>> like audio?
>>>

>> I use VLC Player for streaming audio.
>>
> }}
> also use vlc. very nice.

Everyone uses VLC Player :)

Re: A busy week for Firefox development

Ron Hunter
On 3/5/2017 5:44 AM, Luis wrote:

> geo wrote:

>>> I use VLC Player for streaming audio.
>>>
>> }}
>> also use vlc. very nice.
>>

> Everyone uses VLC Player :)

When you use the word 'everyone', in a sentence, you are wrong right
off.  I have used VLC Player, but don't currently have it installed, AFAIK.

Re: A busy week for Firefox development

Ed Mullen-10
On 3/5/2017 at 9:25 AM, Ron Hunter's prodigious digits fired off with
great aplomb:

> On 3/5/2017 5:44 AM, Luis wrote:
>> geo wrote:

>>> }}
>>> also use vlc. very nice.
>>>

>> Everyone uses VLC Player :)
>
> When you use the word 'everyone', in a sentence, you are wrong right
> off.  I have used VLC Player, but don't currently have it installed, AFAIK.

Likewise, I tried it once but uninstalled it.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

On 03/05/2017 09:28 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:

> On 3/5/2017 at 9:25 AM, Ron Hunter's prodigious digits fired off with
> great aplomb:

>>> Everyone uses VLC Player :)
>>
>> When you use the word 'everyone', in a sentence, you are wrong right
>> off.  I have used VLC Player, but don't currently have it installed,
>> AFAIK.
>>

> Likewise, I tried it once but uninstalled it.

I use it to listen to music using View > Playlist, then select an item
under the Internet heading, then choose any music format I want from
Classical, Oldies, New Wave, Jazz and more.

Currently 70's and 80's Metal. 🤘

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS

Re: A busy week for Firefox development

»Q«
In <news:[hidden email]>,
Ron Hunter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 3/5/2017 5:44 AM, Luis wrote:

> > Everyone uses VLC Player :)
>
> When you use the word 'everyone', in a sentence, you are wrong right
> off.

Everyone knows that that phrase isn't to be taken literally.  And
everyone knows you knew exactly what Luis meant by it.

Re: A busy week for Firefox development

Jim Fisher
On 5 Mar 2017 at 8:25, Ron Hunter wrote:

> On 3/5/2017 5:44 AM, Luis wrote:
> > geo wrote:

> >> }}
> >> also use vlc. very nice.
> >>

> > Everyone uses VLC Player :)
>
> When you use the word 'everyone', in a sentence, you are wrong right
> off.  I have used VLC Player, but don't currently have it installed, AFAIK.

Yes, all generalisations are false - including this one of course. :-)

Jim Fisher
--
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom
http://jimella.wordpress.com - political snippets, especially economic policy

Re: A busy week for Firefox development

Wolf K.
On 2017-03-05 14:17, Jim Fisher wrote:
> Yes, all generalisations are false - including this one of course. :-)
>
> Jim Fisher

A generalisation is true if it applies to at least {50%+1}, unless
modified with a quantifier like some, many, most, etc, in which case you
have some leeway.

As distinct from a universal.

I had a lot of trouble teaching the difference to my students.

Have a good day,

--
Wolf K.
https://kirkwood40.blogspot.com

Re: A busy week for Firefox development

Desiree-11
On 3/5/2017 1:44 AM, Luis wrote:

> geo wrote:

>>> I use VLC Player for streaming audio.
>>>
>> }}
>> also use vlc. very nice.
>>

> Everyone uses VLC Player :)

Really?  I've been using Fx since it was Phoenix and I have never heard
of VLC Player.  I've never had problems with audio in Fx.

On 03/05/2017 08:33 PM, Desiree wrote:

> On 3/5/2017 1:44 AM, Luis wrote:
>> geo wrote:

>>> }}
>>> also use vlc. very nice.
>>>

>> Everyone uses VLC Player :)
>>
> Really?  I've been using Fx since it was Phoenix and I have never
> heard of VLC Player.  I've never had problems with audio in Fx.

> VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and
> framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs,
> VCDs, and various streaming protocols.

REF: <http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html>

And has nothing to do with Firefox development, but people just love to
hijack posts and not change the Subject.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS

Re: A busy week for Firefox development -> op bitching

geo.inbox.ingored

On 03/05/2017 07:36 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
<<>>

> And has nothing to do with Firefox development, but people just love to
> hijack posts and not change the Subject.

}}

walt, are you bitching about a not-moderated news?

shame. that is like putting up a *Thread Bust Request* B=)

--

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
 - Albert Einstein

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8 -- KDE 4.3.4
Firefox 45.7.0 -- Thunderbird 45.6.0
GNUCash 2.4.15 -- zoneminder 1.30.0

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
=+=

Re: A busy week for Firefox development

PietB-2
Desiree wrote:
> Luis wrote:
>> Everyone uses VLC Player :)
>
> Really?  I've been using Fx since it was Phoenix and I have
> never heard of VLC Player.

Then you're an exception to the rule and you've just
been enlightened. :-)

> I've never had problems with audio in Fx.

Even so Fx ain't no media player. VLC is.

-p