A better Kompozer?

Hi All,

Fedora Linux 26

I have been using Kompozer to edit html pages. It is a bit awkward
and buggy. I am going to be doing a lot more editing in the future.
Does anyone have a favorite html editor? A better Kompozer?

Many thanks,
-T

Re: A better Kompozer?

WaltS48-5
On 9/13/17 6:28 PM, T wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Fedora Linux 26
>
> I have been using Kompozer to edit html pages. It is a bit awkward
> and buggy. I am going to be doing a lot more editing in the future.
> Does anyone have a favorite html editor? A better Kompozer?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

I use Geany, when I occasionally get the urge to play with HTML and CSS.

<http://www.geany.org/>

Edit the page, save it, click the execute button on the toolbar and the
page opens in the default browser.

--
Go Bucs, Pitt, Steelers!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>

Re: A better Kompozer?

Richard Alan
T wrote:

> Fedora Linux 26
>
> I have been using Kompozer to edit html pages. It is a bit awkward and
> buggy.

It is also ancient and has long been abandonware. The latest iteration is
BlueGriffon (http://bluegriffon.org/) and it'll work with Ubuntu. You get
a deb package when you download.

> I am going to be doing a lot more editing in the future.
> Does anyone have a favorite html editor? A better Kompozer?

I've been using Bluefish for ages. All flavors of Linux. Free.

http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/index.html

Re: A better Kompozer?

On 09/13/2017 03:48 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 9/13/17 6:28 PM, T wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Fedora Linux 26
>>
>> I have been using Kompozer to edit html pages. It is a bit awkward
>> and buggy. I am going to be doing a lot more editing in the future.
>> Does anyone have a favorite html editor? A better Kompozer?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T
>
> I use Geany, when I occasionally get the urge to play with HTML and CSS.
>
> <http://www.geany.org/>
>
> Edit the page, save it, click the execute button on the toolbar and the
> page opens in the default browser.

I use Geany to program in Perl.  Work great over sh and X11.
Never realized it would do this too.

Thank you!

Re: A better Kompozer?

On 9/13/17 7:16 PM, T wrote:

> On 09/13/2017 03:48 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 9/13/17 6:28 PM, T wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Fedora Linux 26
>>>
>>> I have been using Kompozer to edit html pages. It is a bit awkward
>>> and buggy. I am going to be doing a lot more editing in the future.
>>> Does anyone have a favorite html editor? A better Kompozer?
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>> -T
>>
>> I use Geany, when I occasionally get the urge to play with HTML and CSS.
>>
>> <http://www.geany.org/>
>>
>> Edit the page, save it, click the execute button on the toolbar and
>> the page opens in the default browser.
>>

> I use Geany to program in Perl.  Work great over sh and X11.
> Never realized it would do this too.
>
> Thank you!

Never clicked the down arrow next to the New File icon in the toolbar
and noticed all the templates?

--
Go Bucs, Pitt, Steelers!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS - Unity Desktop

Re: A better Kompozer?

Good Guy-2
On 13/09/2017 23:28, T wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Fedora Linux 26
>
> I have been using Kompozer to edit html pages. It is a bit awkward
> and buggy. I am going to be doing a lot more editing in the future.
> Does anyone have a favorite html editor? A better Kompozer?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

Microsoft Expression Web:

<https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=36179>

If you experienced in Web development then Microsoft Visual Studio 2017
Community Edition.  I use Visual Studio for most things but if I want
something quick then Expression Web is my preferred editor.

Just make sure you have configured the editor to generate HTML5 code and
CSS3

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: A better Kompozer?

WaltS48-5
On 9/13/17 7:53 PM, Good Guy wrote:

> On 13/09/2017 23:28, T wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Fedora Linux 26
>>
>> I have been using Kompozer to edit html pages. It is a bit awkward
>> and buggy. I am going to be doing a lot more editing in the future.
>> Does anyone have a favorite html editor? A better Kompozer?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T
>
> Microsoft Expression Web:
>
> <https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=36179>
>
> If you experienced in Web development then Microsoft Visual Studio 2017
> Community Edition.  I use Visual Studio for most things but if I want
> something quick then Expression Web is my preferred editor.
>
> Just make sure you have configured the editor to generate HTML5 code and
> CSS3

That works with the Fedora Linux 26 T is using?

On 09/13/2017 04:28 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 9/13/17 7:16 PM, T wrote:

>>> I use Geany, when I occasionally get the urge to play with HTML and CSS.
>>>
>>> <http://www.geany.org/>
>>>
>>> Edit the page, save it, click the execute button on the toolbar and
>>> the page opens in the default browser.
>>>

>> I use Geany to program in Perl.  Work great over sh and X11.
>> Never realized it would do this too.
>>
>> Thank you!
>
> Never clicked the down arrow next to the New File icon in the toolbar
> and noticed all the templates?

Never did.  Too busy programming.  And grateful it worked over
an ssh X11 connection.  The copy and pasting is way easier
that way.

Re: A better Kompozer?

Good Guy-2
On 14/09/2017 01:12, WaltS48 wrote:

> On 9/13/17 7:53 PM, Good Guy wrote:
>> On 13/09/2017 23:28, T wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Fedora Linux 26
>>>
>>> I have been using Kompozer to edit html pages. It is a bit awkward
>>> and buggy. I am going to be doing a lot more editing in the future.
>>> Does anyone have a favorite html editor? A better Kompozer?
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>> -T
>>
>> Microsoft Expression Web:
>>
>> <https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=36179>
>>
>> If you experienced in Web development then Microsoft Visual Studio
>> 2017 Community Edition.  I use Visual Studio for most things but if I
>> want something quick then Expression Web is my preferred editor.
>>
>> Just make sure you have configured the editor to generate HTML5 code
>> and CSS3
>>

> That works with the Fedora Linux 26 T is using?

Microsoft products were never meant for Linux machines but recently they
have released "Visual Studio Core" and "Code
<https://code.visualstudio.com/download>" editor for Linux machines.
Microsoft is trying to take over Linux projects by releasing various
other products like MSSQL and others and giving away free until the
market becomes large enough to start charging.

You may know that Microsoft released their C# code to the Open Source
developers and the idea is to make C# the de-facto standard for
programming!!

<https://github.com/dotnet/roslyn>

--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer

Re: A better Kompozer?

Jim Fisher
On 13 Sep 2017 at 15:28, T wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Fedora Linux 26
>
> I have been using Kompozer to edit html pages. It is a bit awkward
> and buggy. I am going to be doing a lot more editing in the future.
> Does anyone have a favorite html editor? A better Kompozer?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

I've been using Windows Notepad for years (and MSDOS Edit before that). I know
it's not Linux, but any plain text editor will do the same.

Jim Fisher
--
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom (needs updating)
http://jimella.wordpress.com - political snippets, especially economic policy

Re: A better Kompozer?

Ed Mullen-10
On 9/13/2017 at 6:28 PM, T created this epitome of digital genius:

> Hi All,
>
> Fedora Linux 26
>
> I have been using Kompozer to edit html pages. It is a bit awkward
> and buggy. I am going to be doing a lot more editing in the future.
> Does anyone have a favorite html editor? A better Kompozer?
>
> Many thanks,
> -T

One thing no one has mentioned ... however you create pages run them
through the validators at:

<https://validator.w3.org/>

<http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/>

Most of the WYSIWYG HTML editors create pages that WON'T validate.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/