A Little Introduction is in Order

Tim Keenan
Hi Everyone,

Some of you may know that I've recently joined Mozilla as an
Accessibility engineer/evangilist/tester.  That's a lot of slashes.
It's my intention to bring together developers with tech-savvy testers
and common users to create a mechanism Mozilla can use to make its
products accessible to the broadest range of environments possible.

If you're wondering who I am and where I came from, I'm a totally blind
  computer user.  I've been using one computer or another since I was 6
  years old playing with an Apple II-E.  I attended the University of
Massachusetts Amherst in Computer Information Systems.  Follwoing that,
  I joined a few friends at All inPlay, ( http://allinplay.com
), a company  with a mission to create online games that allow the blind
and sighted to play together as equals.  I'm proud to say we did
accomplish our  mission.  Unfortunately the realities of the VC/business
world prevent  us from moving as quickly as we'd like.

Then I saw this job posting on AFB job listings and jumped at the
chance.  Ever since All inPlay I've been looking for an opportunity to
get myself in a position where I could do some good for the
accessibility community and work in an open environment
without the  typical corporate walls.  So needless to say, I'm very
excited to have the opportunity to do just that.  I look forward to
working wit everyone  here, as well as to bringing new people with a
broad array of  talent  into the community.
\

Cheers,
Tim

Re: A Little Introduction is in Order

David Bolter
Hi Tim.

Congratulations! You've joined a great community, and I look forward to
seeing you rock.

cheers,
David Bolter
Tim Kenan wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Some of you may know that I've recently joined Mozilla as an
> Accessibility engineer/evangilist/tester.  That's a lot of slashes.
> It's my intention to bring together developers with tech-savvy testers
> and common users to create a mechanism Mozilla can use to make its
> products accessible to the broadest range of environments possible.
>
> If you're wondering who I am and where I came from, I'm a totally blind
>   computer user.  I've been using one computer or another since I was 6
>   years old playing with an Apple II-E.  I attended the University of
> Massachusetts Amherst in Computer Information Systems.  Follwoing that,
>   I joined a few friends at All inPlay, ( http://allinplay.com
> ), a company  with a mission to create online games that allow the blind
> and sighted to play together as equals.  I'm proud to say we did
> accomplish our  mission.  Unfortunately the realities of the VC/business
> world prevent  us from moving as quickly as we'd like.
>
> Then I saw this job posting on AFB job listings and jumped at the
> chance.  Ever since All inPlay I've been looking for an opportunity to
> get myself in a position where I could do some good for the
> accessibility community and work in an open environment
> without the  typical corporate walls.  So needless to say, I'm very
> excited to have the opportunity to do just that.  I look forward to
> working wit everyone  here, as well as to bringing new people with a
> broad array of  talent  into the community.
> \
>

> Cheers,
> Tim

Re: A Little Introduction is in Order

Aaron Leventhal-3
We've waited a long time to have someone of Tim's caliber and experience to help
out. Congratulations to us! :)

Thanks for joining the Mozilla team, Tim.

- Aaron

Tim Kenan wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Some of you may know that I've recently joined Mozilla as an
> Accessibility engineer/evangilist/tester.  That's a lot of slashes. It's
> my intention to bring together developers with tech-savvy testers and
> common users to create a mechanism Mozilla can use to make its products
> accessible to the broadest range of environments possible.
>
> If you're wondering who I am and where I came from, I'm a totally blind
>  computer user.  I've been using one computer or another since I was 6
>  years old playing with an Apple II-E.  I attended the University of
> Massachusetts Amherst in Computer Information Systems.  Follwoing that,
>  I joined a few friends at All inPlay, ( http://allinplay.com
> ), a company  with a mission to create online games that allow the blind
> and sighted to play together as equals.  I'm proud to say we did
> accomplish our  mission.  Unfortunately the realities of the VC/business
> world prevent  us from moving as quickly as we'd like.
>
> Then I saw this job posting on AFB job listings and jumped at the
> chance.  Ever since All inPlay I've been looking for an opportunity to
> get myself in a position where I could do some good for the
> accessibility community and work in an open environment
> without the  typical corporate walls.  So needless to say, I'm very
> excited to have the opportunity to do just that.  I look forward to
> working wit everyone  here, as well as to bringing new people with a
> broad array of  talent  into the community.
> \
>

> Cheers,
> Tim

Re: A Little Introduction is in Order

Steve Lee-3
Welcome aboard Tim.
'Accessibility engineer/evangilist/tester', sounds like  plenty to keep you
busy there ;-)

Steve

--
Open Source Assistive Technology Software
PowerTalk - your presentations can speak for themselves