2006-03-13 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

2006-03-13 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

Gervase Markham
2006-03-13 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

Present: bc, beltzner, bienvenu, chofmann, coop, neil deakin, gerv,
josh, justdave, polvi, schrep, marcia, robert strong, mscott, aravind,
jay, justin, rafael, dave liebreich, asa, pkim, lilly, sherman, vlad,
myk, daron, pav, tim riley, preed, sicking, matthew zeier, mrbkap,
karen, brendan, mitchell, jesse, dria.

*Openness and communication discussions*

- Various discussions in mozilla.dev.general about openness
- Mitchell wants the part of the Monday meetings focused on shipping
  product and other general topics to move from current scope (Mozilla
  Foundation and Corporation employees and mozilla.org staff) to include
  a broader range of contributors.
- Mozilla Corporation meeting will move to a different day

*1.0.8 and 1.7.13*

- Delayed to sync with 1.5.0.2
- Start and bookmarks pages still point to Google for CJK, but that may
  be OK
- A few locales left to test

*Firefox 1.5.0.2*

- Firefox part has passed basic testing
- Doing simultaneous FF/TB release
- Exit survey is looking good (http://survey.mozilla.com/)
- preed is working on universal binaries
- Current planned date is April 11th

*Firefox 1.5.0.3*

- Meeting in next few days to decide schedule
- 44 blocker nominations, 23 non-blocker approvals
- Trying to smooth out the curve of landings so they aren't all
  last-minute
- schrep is still looking for a shepherd for this release; volunteers?

*Firefox 2*

- 11am open meeting; bonecho mailing list is open; discussion in
  m.d.a.firefox
- places has landed and is on
- Trying to release Alpha 1
- Ongoing discussions in the newsgroups about front end changes

*Misc*

- New person (Matthew Zeier) doing network stuff on the support team

- Have been doing back-end work on Talkback which has improved
  performance
- Trying to extend history to more than 20 days online
- 50,000 incidents a day

- addons.mozilla.org is having its front end rewritten (scalability and
  perf)
- targetted to ship with 1.5.0.2 release

*Foundation*

- MoFo Board meeting was last week
- Suggestions are welcome for things to fund which are not duplicative
  of Corporation work

- Frank in LA Wed-Fri for the CSUN accessibility conference

*Google Groups*

- Discussion about peering for the newsgroups; full or GG-only?
- Some think making an exception for GG is odd
- But they have a decent web interface, and we need one
- Decided to try and open up to GG only for the moment, but to consider
  requests from other providers on a case-by-case basis
- Technical issues may yet intervene

Gerv

Re: 2006-03-13 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

Adam Hauner
Gervase Markham wrote:

> *Firefox 1.5.0.2*
> - Exit survey is looking good (http://survey.mozilla.com/)

Should I ask, if this page is prepared for localization?

Best regards
--
Adam Hauner
Projekt CZilla

Re: 2006-03-13 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

Axel Hecht
Adam Hauner wrote:
> Gervase Markham wrote:
>
>> *Firefox 1.5.0.2*
>> - Exit survey is looking good (http://survey.mozilla.com/)
>
> Should I ask, if this page is prepared for localization?

No, it is not. It was considered unworthy, as the uninstaller is not
localizable right now, too, and that's the only hook to get to that
survey. YMMV.

I'd be much more curious to hear if addons.m.o is going to be
localizable this time around.

Axel

Re: 2006-03-13 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

Samuel Sidler-2
Gervase Markham wrote:
> - Suggestions are welcome for things to fund which are not duplicative
>   of Corporation work

Where should such suggestions be sent?

Samuel Sidler

Re: 2006-03-13 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

Matthias Wallner
Axel Hecht schrieb:

> Adam Hauner wrote:
>> Gervase Markham wrote:
>>
>>> *Firefox 1.5.0.2*
>>> - Exit survey is looking good (http://survey.mozilla.com/)
>>
>> Should I ask, if this page is prepared for localization?
>
> No, it is not. It was considered unworthy, as the uninstaller is not
> localizable right now, too, and that's the only hook to get to that
> survey. YMMV.

Every Browser (should) send the prefered language, so not having a
localized Uninstaller should not prevent the page to be displayed in the
correct language