2006-01-16 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

2006-01-16 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

Gervase Markham
2006-01-16 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

*Personnel*

- Welcome graydon
- Doing memory leak stuff, and JS futures for Gecko 1.9
- Been working on monotone

*Firefox 1.5.0.1*

- 1.5.0.1 code freeze tomorrow night
- Scheduled for the end of this month
- Hoping to do these every two months
- Focus on security and minor polish fixes

- Firefox 2 on 1.8.1 platform
- Firefox 3 on 1.9 platform

*Thunderbird*

- Targetting Wednesday of this week for Thunderbird 1.5
- Supported with a press release

*Marketing*

- Paul Kim, John Lilly and Chris Beard visiting Mozilla Japan next week
- Asian market might be a good focus for next year

*Firefox Flicks*

- Big outreach this week to university professors and students
- New weblog and mailing list
- Already got a couple of entries in
- Hoping to get notification of what people are working on

*Extend Firefox*

- Ended last Friday
- Over 200 submissions
- Contest information is on the Wiki
- Half are new, half are upgrades
- Extensions are being tested this week before handing off to judges.

*Foundation*

- Frank is attending the GPLv3 conference in Boston
  [Editor's note: actually, Frank didn't make it]

*Other*

- Delays in review for extensions on addons.mozilla.org.
- Perhaps having a new review-fest

Gerv

Re: 2006-01-16 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

Philip Chee
On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 13:56:47 +0000, Gervase Markham wrote:

> - Welcome graydon

Is this the Graydon who keeps his kitchen knives sharper than razors, is an
expert on medieval weaponry and combat techniques, and an avid Tolkien buff?

Phil
--
Philip Chee <[hidden email]>, <[hidden email]>
http://flashblock.mozdev.org/ http://xsidebar.mozdev.org