2005-11-07 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

2005-11-07 - Summary of mozilla.org staff meeting

L. David Baron
Present: Mike Schroepfer, Rafael Ebron, Chase Phillips, Scott MacGregor,
Paul Kim, John Lilley, Tim Riley, Myk Melez, Asa Dotzler, Chris Beard,
Chris Hofmann, Karen Prescott, Stuart Parmenter, Vlad Vukicevic, Blake
Kaplan, David Baron, Johnny Stenback, Brendan Eich, Jay Patel, Alex
Polvi, Benjamin Smedberg, Frank Hecker, Chris Cooper, Mike Beltzner,
Mike Connor, Dan Veditz, David Bienvenu, Dan Mosedale, Doug Turner, Bob
Clary, Dave Miller

Releases
========
schrep:
  RC2 planned for this Friday.  Lockdown was last Friday.  Running
  some respins right now.  Still looking into some other potential
  blockers.  Update testing.
  Trademark reviews starting this week, lockdown for l10n is tomorrow,
  reviews starting Wednesday, all changes must be in by 16th to make
  approvals for simultaneous release for 1.5.
various people:
  Not sure what policy is for locales that don't make it; one at a time is
  painful for Chase.

Marketing
=========

cbeard:
  Just launched extend firefox extensions competition, runs through
  January.

Roadmaps
========

cbeard:
  Last week we published a set of roadmaps and proposals much wider
  (circulated internally before).  shaver/brendan published platform
  roadmap; cbeard published product release roadmap.
  Overall positive feedback so far.
brendan:
  Platform roadmap.  Need to be better with big landings, document
  designs more, get reviews early.  More to do there.

Foundation
==========

  Gerv is out for the month.

Misc
====

dmose:
  Did people see my mail about bugzilla queries about review of
  patches?
brendan:
  Post more widely, probably public.
dmose:
  I'll blog in a couple days (chance to get comments from first draft).

--
L. David Baron                                <URL: http://dbaron.org/ >