2 POP accounts; struggling to get 'em running

2 POP accounts; struggling to get 'em running

Doug Main
I'm trying to get a new POP account (work related) running on T'bird 1.0.6

I can send from it, and receive the messages on my original account.  It
appears just fine via the webmail access method, but T'bird and OE (used
for testing purposes only) both reject/fail on the password, the same
one that lets me into the webmail portal.

Suggestions? (other than upgrading to 1.0.7, which I will do soonish)
--
Doug Main
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Re: 2 POP accounts; struggling to get 'em running

John-60
Doug Main wrote:
> I'm trying to get a new POP account (work related) running on T'bird 1.0.6
>
> I can send from it, and receive the messages on my original account.  It
> appears just fine via the webmail access method, but T'bird and OE (used
> for testing purposes only) both reject/fail on the password, the same
> one that lets me into the webmail portal.
>
> Suggestions? (other than upgrading to 1.0.7, which I will do soonish)

Maybe check with the ISP the username that needs to be entered? Is that
in the correct format? For example, if you have entered say ... doug
.... maybe the ISP is needing .... [hidden email]   ?

The ISP's website probably has the answer to your problem.

John wrote:

> Doug Main wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to get a new POP account (work related) running on T'bird
>> 1.0.6
>>
>> I can send from it, and receive the messages on my original account.
>> It appears just fine via the webmail access method, but T'bird and OE
>> (used for testing purposes only) both reject/fail on the password, the
>> same one that lets me into the webmail portal.
>>
>> Suggestions? (other than upgrading to 1.0.7, which I will do soonish)
>

> Maybe check with the ISP the username that needs to be entered? Is that
> in the correct format? For example, if you have entered say ... doug
> .... maybe the ISP is needing .... [hidden email]   ?
>
> The ISP's website probably has the answer to your problem.

That worked!  Thanks John.  I love usenet for this kind of thing.

Doug Main wrote:

> John wrote:
>
>> Doug Main wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to get a new POP account (work related) running on T'bird
>>> 1.0.6
>>>
>>> I can send from it, and receive the messages on my original account.
>>> It appears just fine via the webmail access method, but T'bird and OE
>>> (used for testing purposes only) both reject/fail on the password,
>>> the same one that lets me into the webmail portal.
>>>
>>> Suggestions? (other than upgrading to 1.0.7, which I will do soonish)
>>

>> Maybe check with the ISP the username that needs to be entered? Is
>> that in the correct format? For example, if you have entered say ...
>> doug .... maybe the ISP is needing .... [hidden email]   ?
>>
>> The ISP's website probably has the answer to your problem.
>

> That worked!  Thanks John.  I love usenet for this kind of thing.

Doug, glad to be of service! A few years ago I made exactly the same
mistake, so this was the first thing I thought of.