2.19.3+ Guided Bug Entry Template

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2.19.3+ Guided Bug Entry Template

Tim Thome
Not sure if this is already documented or on someone's to-do list.

create-guided.html.tmpl is still hard-coding values for op_sys,
rep_platform, and bug_severity.

op_sys and rep_platform is fairly easy to patch up, bug_severity can be
fixed, but should have some descriptive text in the text block below.

I can patch these, and send the diffs. It's a low priority, but for
folks customizing templates, either for localization or for non-SW
applications, things will result in errors as guided is out of sync with
the regular bug entry forms.

Thoughts?

Tim
_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2.19.3+ Guided Bug Entry Template

Max Kanat-Alexander
On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 15:39 -0700, Tim Thome wrote:
> I can patch these, and send the diffs. It's a low priority, but for
> folks customizing templates, either for localization or for non-SW
> applications, things will result in errors as guided is out of sync with
> the regular bug entry forms.

        Sure, file a bug with "enhancement" severity and attach the diff to the
bug as an attachment, and then ask for review from whoever you think is
the appropriate person from the Reviewers List:

        http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/reviewer-list.html

        You might also want to check out the Contributor's Guide:

        http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/contributor.html

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Everything Solved: Experts at Bugzilla... and everything else, too.

_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2.19.3+ Guided Bug Entry Template

Gervase Markham
In reply to this post by Tim Thome
Tim Thome wrote:
> Not sure if this is already documented or on someone's to-do list.
>
> create-guided.html.tmpl is still hard-coding values for op_sys,
> rep_platform, and bug_severity.

That's vaguely intentional; it's a mozilla.org-specific template. Having
said that, fixes would certainly be accepted.

Gerv
_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2.19.3+ Guided Bug Entry Template

Tim Thome
Gervase Markham wrote:

> Tim Thome wrote:
>
>> Not sure if this is already documented or on someone's to-do list.
>>
>> create-guided.html.tmpl is still hard-coding values for op_sys,
>> rep_platform, and bug_severity.
>
>
> That's vaguely intentional; it's a mozilla.org-specific template. Having
> said that, fixes would certainly be accepted.
>
> Gerv

Gervase and Max,

I'm at the point where a re-write of the template is a better option,
rather than patching, and this will take some time and testing to make
it work.

A patch only prolongs the pain, and it is non-essential to the 2.20
release, as it is not directly called by any templates.

If I understand the intent of the original template as just that, a
template on how a BZ implementor 'could' do a guided template, then I
would like to work towards that goal... with more comments in both the
code and the HTML...

I can enter the CR, and then follow up with progress for the template...
  but don't hold up 2.20 for this issue.

Thanks!

Tim
_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 2.19.3+ Guided Bug Entry Template

Gervase Markham
Tim Thome wrote:
> I'm at the point where a re-write of the template is a better option,
> rather than patching, and this will take some time and testing to make
> it work.

The current template drops into the mozilla.org installation with
minimal changes. This is a property we would like to preserve.

Gerv
_______________________________________________
mozilla-webtools mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozilla-webtools