1.8.0.5 approvals vs 1.8.1

Robert O'Callahan-3
I suggest that whoever grants 1.8.0.5 approval on a patch automatically
grant 1.8.1 approval if that was requested. With few exceptions, 1.8.0.5
patches will be required on the 1.8.1 branch too.

Rob

Re: 1.8.0.5 approvals vs 1.8.1

Darin Fisher-2
This makes sense to me.  For 1.8.0.4, we tended to request patches to
be fixed1.8.1 before accepting them for the 1.8.0 branch.  That was
probably overkill, but in some cases it is nice to bake on the 1.8
branch since that more closely resembles the 1.8.0 branch (whereas the
trunk may have deviated).

-Darin

On 6/21/06, Robert O'Callahan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I suggest that whoever grants 1.8.0.5 approval on a patch automatically
> grant 1.8.1 approval if that was requested. With few exceptions, 1.8.0.5
> patches will be required on the 1.8.1 branch too.
>
> Rob

Re: 1.8.0.5 approvals vs 1.8.1

Mike Connor-4
Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> I suggest that whoever grants 1.8.0.5 approval on a patch automatically
> grant 1.8.1 approval if that was requested. With few exceptions, 1.8.0.5
> patches will be required on the 1.8.1 branch too.

Right now, the 1.8.1 flags are restricted to 1.8.1 branch drivers only,
so this isn't currently possible.  The reasoning is that no one outside
of the 1.8.1 branch drivers should be granting approvals/blocking, so
the flags were set up to just work that way.

I'll make sure that these are kept up (I just approved the eight already
approved for 1.8.0.5).  Schrep actually pointed me to that list about 90
minutes before you posted, so we're on top of this, near as I can tell!

-- MIke