0.8 status

Aaron Reed
Hi,

The last 0.8 patch went in the branches today.  Unfortunately 0.8
required a core change for spin boxes to work better and a core change
to allow index() to find repeats in anonymous content.  Which means that
FF 2.0.0.4 or FF 1.5.0.12 will be pre-reqs.  According to the wiki,
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox:1.5.0.12-2.0.0.4, these should be ready
on 05/22.

Unless someone finds a crasher in the next day or two, we will not be
making any changes to our 0.8 code so it should be stable for download
as a nightly until then if you are willing to suffer with a nightly FF
as well.

The list of bugs that will be fixed in 0.8 are here:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&component=XForms&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=fixed1.8.1.4%2C+fixed1.8.0.12&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=exact&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&emailtype2=exact&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=

A formal announcement will be made when 0.8 (and the FF pre-req's) are
available for download.

--Aaron

Re: 0.8 status

Mark Waschkowski
Great! Thanks for the update Aaron, good job on getting the next
revision out.

Cheers,

Mark